Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:59 pm 

Not sure if I’m posting this question at the right spot so I apologize in advance if this question needs to be addressed elsewhere. I ordered from these guys last week Wednesday but never got an email confirmation when it was sent out. I check my account on the website and it said it was “sent” but the tracking label said shipping label printed USPS not picked up. I dont know why they have t sent it yet and it’s been 5 days since it was created. Other people told me they take longer to send out orders. One person told me he waited 2 months and he was only one state over from where they are located.

You guys had any trouble with them?

Last edited by Steve Nebraska on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 pm 

Just send them an email or contact them on social media

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:29 pm 

pale_horse wrote:

I actually email them and not got a response. I don’t have any social media accounts. I wouldn’t know how to use them plus I have no friends in real life or internet life doesn’t help haha.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:32 pm 

Ordered twice. No troubles.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:10 pm 

I have placed 25 or so orders with DDR over the years, and yes I've had a few experiences exactly like this. It can get aggravating, I actually emailed Matt about it once and he responded pretty candidly, he said they had simply "run out of shippers" (or something like that, I no longer have the email as it was a couple years ago) and weren't able to ship anything out for a couple days until they got more. For the record I have no idea what a "shipper" is but sure enough, in a couple days the item was shipped and appeared in my mailbox shortly thereafter so I have no reason to doubt him. Aside from some waiting, I've only had one bad experience...I ordered 4 or 5 CD's and one was missing. But they were nice enough to add the missing one to my pre-order package of the new Skeletal Remains album, so no worries!

My guess is, it's just a result of a high influx of orders, since this is a sale period. DDR is a very popular label these days, not just for the distro but also their own releases, easily one of the most well-respected labels in the current scene...once they shipped out like 600 orders for a single two-week sale period, which is fucking crazy. Plus, I follow them on Facebook and I think Matt is out of town or on vacation right now, and the other guys are holding down the fort.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:47 pm 

true_death wrote:
I have placed 25 or so orders with DDR over the years, and yes I've had a few experiences exactly like this. It can get aggravating, I actually emailed Matt about it once and he responded pretty candidly, he said they had simply "run out of shippers" (or something like that, I no longer have the email as it was a couple years ago) and weren't able to ship anything out for a couple days until they got more. For the record I have no idea what a "shipper" is but sure enough, in a couple days the item was shipped and appeared in my mailbox shortly thereafter so I have no reason to doubt him. Aside from some waiting, I've only had one bad experience...I ordered 4 or 5 CD's and one was missing. But they were nice enough to add the missing one to my pre-order package of the new Skeletal Remains album, so no worries!

My guess is, it's just a result of a high influx of orders, since this is a sale period. DDR is a very popular label these days, not just for the distro but also their own releases, easily one of the most well-respected labels in the current scene...once they shipped out like 600 orders for a single two-week sale period, which is fucking crazy. Plus, I follow them on Facebook and I think Matt is out of town or on vacation right now, and the other guys are holding down the fort.

Ok I will hold out for a little while before I go to open a disputed on PayPal. Would of been nice some announcement was said about him on vacation on his website before I placed my order. I just do t understand still how it says sent but the order shipping label was created but not yet sent. I still do t get why print up label and not send it?

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm 

I feel like a lot of labels will change the status to "Sent" once a package has a tracking number. This doesn't necessarily mean it's been sent to the post office yet. My guess is your package is ready to go out, or has maybe even been picked up by the post office but not scanned yet. The Labor Day holiday this week probably didn't speed things up either.

At this point it's been a week, no cause for concern. Dark Descent is extremely reliable. I ordered the new Mare album from them on Tuesday last week and it's already arrived (not to rub it in, haha).

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:36 pm 

They are reliable in my experience but sometimes they can be very slow replying emails.

ohfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 pm 

It's been less than a week and I've taken 3+ weeks to mail stuff out sometimes. More than likely there has been a delay due to the Labor Day weekend. Also the USPS can be terrible at tracking sometimes where they won't update it but it will still arrive. Check to see if it was delivered. I would only dispute via paypal if it's been at least a month and you haven't heard from DDR at all.

Hallucination Realized. Real grind shit

doomicus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:53 pm 

I've put in a total of 42 orders with Dark Descent over the years of various sizes and have zero negative experiences thus far. The label tends to slow down during sales or when a lot of pre-orders have just come in and need to be shipped out/prioritized, and understandably so. The chances of you not getting your order is slim as fuck. I would just be patient. A week is nothing.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
pale_horse wrote:

I actually email them and not got a response. I don’t have any social media accounts. I wouldn’t know how to use them plus I have no friends in real life or internet life doesn’t help haha.

Want to be friends?

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm 

^^if your serious, sure!

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 pm 

doomicus wrote:
I've put in a total of 42 orders with Dark Descent over the years of various sizes and have zero negative experiences thus far. The label tends to slow down during sales or when a lot of pre-orders have just come in and need to be shipped out/prioritized, and understandably so. The chances of you not getting your order is slim as fuck. I would just be patient. A week is nothing.

I hope so. I had ordered from them a couple times and the first time it was quick but the second time it was slow. Now it’s even more slow. Some got their orders from last week already. But like I said I’ll give a few more days then I’ll take it another route.

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:50 pm 

I’ve placed a lot of orders with DDR. I have not had any issues with them. Whenever an issue has come up with an order I’ve received an e-mail from Matt. I’ve contacted DDR a couple times inquiring about orders and Matt usually responds in a timely manner. Sometimes they have been slower if there is a festival going on or there is a sale. Since it has only been a week since your order was placed, I wouldn’t worry.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:08 am 

Ok it’s all good now. Admin can delete this thread if you want too.

Gunslinger21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:36 am 

I bought from this guy years ago, never had a problem. My shit came well packaged and no dramas. I dunno man, maybe give him a few more days or something. He has a pretty good rep so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fjscas
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:17 pm 

The 'main man' in Europe. 'Just pretend it's 1994' and be patient. ;)

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm 

Fjscas wrote:
The 'main man' in Europe. 'Just pretend it's 1994' and be patient. ;)

Or how about quit living in the past, use the technology that’s out there and available, and don’t drag your feet if running a business. :wink:

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 pm 

Yes, I was in Europe yet you still got your pack. No one is "dragging their feet". We can only ship the packages but can't force usps to actually scan the pack. I assume it started to track or you got the pack the next day. If you make a post like this, please tell everyone it was concluded satisfactorily. We take the distro business seriously.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:11 pm 

To be clear, packages don't sit around here in pre-shipment. They are brought in daily once packed. The non scanning issue is totally a USPS issue. You made this post on the 6th and were satisfied with closing this on the 7th. At least explain you received your pack in a timely fashion.

ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:00 pm 

ingmar birdman wrote:
I feel like a lot of labels will change the status to "Sent" once a package has a tracking number. This doesn't necessarily mean it's been sent to the post office yet. My guess is your package is ready to go out, or has maybe even been picked up by the post office but not scanned yet. The Labor Day holiday this week probably didn't speed things up either.

At this point it's been a week, no cause for concern. Dark Descent is extremely reliable. I ordered the new Mare album from them on Tuesday last week and it's already arrived (not to rub it in, haha).

If we mark it sent, it gets taken to the post the same day. Unless it's a weekend and we are working when the post is closed. They are sticklers at our local hub for this because it appears they dropped the ball if someone sits on it for days. The problem here lies with the post workers not scanning parcels in. I suspect it has to do since we deal in bulk and drop off at the docks. I haven't quite figured it out. Once in a while I'll get an email asking about this but I always tell them that the pack is on the way. They usually receive it and it's scanned when delivered. I've seen it a lot of times. As noted here, I suspect this customer got his pack right after this post but just doesn't want to seem impatient, which is why it wasn't mentioned that it was received.

Reply to topic