Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dr8breed
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:31 am 

Really enjoying this release. Without getting all gushy about the old days of Death Metal, it's great to see an endless stream of bands that have made the effort to put out a quality release. Any thoughts, comments or general feedback about you're listening experience?

ohfuck
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:21 am 

I've been following this band since the first demo and it's great to see their progression. Primordial Malignity was one of my top releases last year but this album doesn't feel as "gross" as the earlier stuff but the guitar work is overall fantastic. Band does really great and can only imagine what is going to be coming out from them in the next few years.

Hallucination Realized. Real grind shit

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:19 am 

I didn't really like the debut at all, but I saw these guys live a couple weeks ago and they were really good. I will get around to checking this one out soon, but I have a feeling I also won't like it. The Bloodborne-inspired name is excellent though!

dr8breed
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 am 

Demos from bands are usually better than the full length, however, as I never got to follow them from the start, I'm going to have to dive back in with their demos and get to see them live if possible. Until then, the recordings will have to do. Checking out the tape version of this album, that's some cool stuff they've done with it.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:28 pm 

dr8breed wrote:
Demos from bands are usually better than the full length
:wanker:

Loving this album. Vastum and Necrot are some of my favorite filthy modern death metal acts, and this release is easily as good as them. Can't wait to see them next month at Migration.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 pm 

I've only listened once so far, but I was definitely impressed, and cautiously agree with those who say it's probably better than the first album. Really nice thick sound and doom-laiden riffing. Got to give the drummer lots of praise for his sense of style and even groove.

Even though they're from the same city as me, I've never seen them play. Must fix that.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 pm 

I have to say that I enjoyed this album a lot, despite my distaste for the debut. The songs were so memorable that I recognized a few from when I saw them earlier this month!

Abominatrix wrote:
I've only listened once so far, but I was definitely impressed, and cautiously agree with those who say it's probably better than the first album. Really nice thick sound and doom-laiden riffing. Got to give the drummer lots of praise for his sense of style and even groove.

Even though they're from the same city as me, I've never seen them play. Must fix that.

They're playing at Coalition on Sunday!

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:24 pm 

bless us with blood.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:49 pm 

This is fine but I don’t get why people are going wild over it.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:01 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Loving this album. Vastum and Necrot are some of my favorite filthy modern death metal acts, and this release is easily as good as them. Can't wait to see them next month at Migration.

Necrot immediately comes to mind when I think of how Tomb Mold has grown and refined what they now are and want to be compared to their demo and EP material - good stuff there but with room for improvement. While this isn’t their first album, it does feel more like a proper debut this time. Extremity might also belong in that grouping before too long, as least for me. I’m not as familiar with Vastum yet and I’ll definitely have to go back through their full-lengths sooner rather than later, but that split with Spectral Voice is really good.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
I have to say that I enjoyed this album a lot, despite my distaste for the debut. The songs were so memorable that I recognized a few from when I saw them earlier this month!

Abominatrix wrote:

They're playing at Coalition on Sunday!

Ah, thansk for alerting me to the show, which I didn't know about. However it's supposedly on Tuesday....
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:48 pm 

I really like this record! It seems there is a mixed response to their older stuff but I’ll probably get around to giving it a shot because of how much I’m enjoying this one.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 am 

Really keen to hear this, I have this pre-ordered but it has not arrived yet, i also purchased both of the longs sleeve shirts that they made for the release. I loved the first album, i listened to is constantly side by side with Contaminated's debut "Final Man"

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 pm 

i actually like it more than the first album, catchier riffs imo.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm 

I saw them not last weekend, but the weekend before at Terror Fest right before Of Feather and Bone. They shred.

Too bad they didn't have those orange longsleeves tho :(

Reply to topic