* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:00 am 

Didn’t see a thread for this:

http://www.dissonanceproductions.co.uk/ ... end-years/

Not much detail but it contains Seasons, Heresy, Carnage and Pestlience. Provided they haven’t been horribly remastered and despite owning two of the albums already, I think I’ll make a purchase.
About time too.

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am 

I bought the Enthroned 4-cd box years ago and ended up repurchasing the individual albums anyway as I found the packaging sorely lacking, not to mention full of errors in terms of tracklist and titles (The Scourge of God got mistitled as Scourge of Anal Lust - I still wonder wtf happened there).

Good to have these great, criminally overlooked albums available again, but why was At the World of Untrodden Wonder left out??
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm 

Scourge of Anal Lust??? Pretty major oversight.
Yeah, I'm a little bummed that it doesn't include At The World either as its not one that I own. Still, as you said, its good to finally see these albums getting some long-overdue exposure.
What was the packing issues aside from the track listing you found with the Enthroned box?

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:41 am 

The discs sound fine, but the booklet is cheap as hell - all the lyrics crammed together with some of them missing for no reason over a generic black and white montage of the original cover artworks. No pictures, nothing from the original booklets. The cds themselves sound fine, though.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 pm 

Damn, just reading the above makes me lose interest in the purchase. Half-assed reissues ALWAYS leave me sorely missing the full package, resulting in me ditching them sooner or later and getting the real stuff with all the original content instead.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 am 

That's disappointing. Seems like a shoddy package if there are lyrics randomly missing. Generally, as nice as it is to have the original artworks and liner notes, I don't mind the bare-bones boxsets, since they're sometimes cheaper than buying just one of the albums if out of print.

I have the recent reissue of Enthroned's Blackend Collection (now called Blackend Years and with the Regie Sathanas EP at the end of the Towards the Skullthrone of Satan disc), no Scourge of Anal Lust on there. I like that title better though. The booklet has the little thumbnails of the album art on the cover, unfortunately no full page spreads of the cover art inside as some nicer boxsets have. Haven't looked at all the lyrics, but they all seem to be accounted for. And there's no recording info, lineup or acknowledgements - just the essentials, music and lyrics. Really good collection considering the price, five albums for under $20. Shame the Thy Primordial boxset can't even manage the full lyrics, though. Still might be worthwhile if you mainly wanted the CDs, for the price it is.

To schwartzheim and whomever else is interested, check out the discogs page and view More Images to see the booklet layout for the Enthroned boxset. This is for the Candlelight version, whereas the 2016 Dissonance Productions version (Blackend Years title) is the one being distributed now, although the liner notes appear to be identical. https://www.discogs.com/Enthroned-The-Blackend-Collection/release/3762928

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm 

At least they fixed some fuck-ups on the Enthroned revised box. The Apocalypse Manifesto tracklist is corrected indeed - no more anal lust and no more missing title track. Adding Regie Sathanas was a nice touch.

Any explanations regarding why At the World of Untrodden Wonder got the shaft from the Thy Primordial box yet? It makes absolutely zero goddamn sense: the album was originally released by the same label that did the others (Pulverised), and chronologically it sits right between ...Seasons... and ...Heresy.... I understand Under Iskall Trollmåne not making the cut, since most likely the licensing rights are a mess to sort out, but why this one?
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Reply to topic