Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:24 pm 

New song. Still has metalcore-style riffs, but definitely better than that first track.

Dcrpt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am 

Official music video for "Obscene as Cancer"

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 am 

Coming from being a huge fan of these guys, that first single was fuckin awful. Repetitive and just boring. Obscene seems better, loved the video. I got a bit of a “Passion” vibe from it, which being the follow up to in the constellation... wasn’t bad at all, if they’re gonna capture that agony and frustration of the frontlines of Belgium and France during WW1 that’s the album I’d wanna hear closest to it.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:34 am 

I love these guys from the The Codex Necro through, Eschaton and Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Here to In the Constellation of the Black Widow. Some of the other stuff has been fine but the above mentioned are great in my book. Unfortunately none of the new tracks do anything for me. "Obscene as Cancer" is the better one of them but still can't hold a candle to any song on the above mentioned albums.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:26 am 

The album is basically ear candy, but I can't stop listening to it. It's pretty amazing, even though it operates within a formula and is too short.

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 am 

I've listened to this a couple of times now. This has to be their strongest album since at least Vanitas, but perhaps as far back as In the Constellation of the Black Widow. The songs are catchier, the vocals are more inhuman than ever before, and the music itself has a renewed vigour. I instantly thought this was great, and after a few listens over a few days I still stand by that.

Anaal Nathrakh are a weird band. All the ingredients are there album to album, but sometimes it doesn't work. I hated Passion when it came out with a, uh, passion. But other albums such as the three-peat from Eschaton to In the Constellation of the Black Widow are awesome. Thankfully this falls in the latter category. I'm enjoying this far more than I expected to.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2