Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:03 pm 

http://runemagick.se/site/2018/02/10/ev ... mal-sleep/

Runemagick is back and playing their first show in 13 years at Kill-Town Deathfest which would have been an immediate purchase for me if I had known about it sooner. (600 tickets only)

Nicklas Rudolfsson also announced a new album is in the works for 2018. I very much enjoyed their latest, Dawn of the End, and feel they work great as a 3 piece since Darkness Death Doom (which is one of my favorites by them).

So let's get some Runemagick discussions going. What's your favorite albums and did you like them more as a 4-piece or their current 3-piece lineup as of today? I think they make some of the best Death/Doom out there, and especially from Sweden.

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:14 pm 

Lately been revisiting some of their works and both Moon of the Chaos Eclipse and Darkness Death Doom are solid slabs of doom/death, the latter being quite an epic variant of that style. The Supreme Force of Eternity is alright too, but a bit too passive for me at times, even of the guitar tone on that record is fantastic.

jaykeisstrange
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:53 pm 

Nice bit of good news! All of their releases that I've heard are great, but The Supreme Force of Eternity is my favorite of their old death metal stuff and Darkness Death Doom is my favorite of their doom/death material. Hoping for some new music with the reunion.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:32 pm 

Oh yes!!! First Unanimated and now Runemagick?? Exciting times!!!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm 

Good to hear that Runemagick are back in business. I also really like Dawn of the End, so I'm hoping the long time out of the game isn't going to sully their new output.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm 

Yes! Just bought a shirt from them recently and was wondering if they were gearing up for a comeback with this sudden availability of merch! So excited for new esoteric death-doom!

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:43 pm 

Absolutely awesome news. DDD is a monument, their early stuff (helpfully compiled on "Dark Dead Earth") has some real winners on it, especially the album and the song "Enter the Realm of Death." Also a big fan of "Dawn of the End" and its weird wanderings - a mix of that style with more of that DDD groove would be tremendous.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 am 

i got a ticket for killtown so will prob end up seeing them

Mortaeus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:09 pm 

All about Envenom, great album. Just love the slowness of it, makes me zone out a bit. Good to hear they're coming back. Looking forward to it.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm 

televiper11 wrote:
Yes! Just bought a shirt from them recently and was wondering if they were gearing up for a comeback with this sudden availability of merch! So excited for new esoteric death-doom!

You uhhhh mind sharing where you got that shirt? Inquiring minds would be appreciative of that knowledge.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:30 am 

Mortaeus wrote:
All about Envenom, great album. Just love the slowness of it, makes me zone out a bit. Good to hear they're coming back. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, Envenom is a bit of an outlier in their career with the massive songs and how slow it is. I love it, too. Another album in that vein would be hugely welcomed!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

xxld1k

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 am 

cultofkraken wrote:
televiper11 wrote:

You uhhhh mind sharing where you got that shirt? Inquiring minds would be appreciative of that knowledge.

http://nirucon.storenvy.com/

good store with some good selection. You will not find any physical music, however. Runemagick is so limited with their albums.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 am 

I was real into them for a while about three years back, but fell off for a myriad of reasons... life changed up and when that happens I tend to switch listening habits. And this band's music, like many extreme metal bands, needs a climate different from the sunny Florida I live in to really get max effect.

But damn though - whenever I turn on an album of theirs it sounds great. Playing Death Darkness Doom in the car yesterday - shit; this is probably one of the best albums I've ever heard. And Incantation of Magick and Dawn of the End are more expansive and experimental in ways, taking the sound further. Also great.

Can't wait for more.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am 

"On Funeral Wings." First one I bought, and "Dragon of Doom" is one of my favorite metal songs. I need to check out the 2015 demo. Missed that somehow.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm 

http://nirucon.storenvy.com is where I got my Runemagick shirt. They also have some HeavyDeath stuff too.

Most of their discography is available digitally on Bandcamp, I keep hectoring them to do some vinyl re-releases. Maybe with the success of the last HeavyDeath and this reunion, they will finally get around to it.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 am 

xxld1k wrote:
http://nirucon.storenvy.com/

good store with some good selection. You will not find any physical music, however. Runemagick is so limited with their albums.

Thanks!! I own The Supreme Force of Eternity which is my favourite Runemagick album but someday I’ll try and pick up some of the others. Probably on the secondary market.

Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 pm 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
"On Funeral Wings." First one I bought, and "Dragon of Doom" is one of my favorite metal songs. I need to check out the 2015 demo. Missed that somehow.

Including first three albums On Funeral wings is on the top among their discography. Emperor of the Underworld and On Funeral Wings are worth to be listened by any fan of tough death/doom style. Requiem of the Apocalypse also deserves many spins.

arnvidr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:19 am 

I still think DDD is magical, but there's quite a lot of gold in the later albums, so the 'regular' trio of the later years obviously makes great music. I still would enjoy it more if they had two guitars live though. Seeing them on the DDD tour was fantastic.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 am 

MaleficDevilry wrote:

That demo was originally recorded in the early 90's. It's good, though. More along the lines of The Supreme Force of Eternity with two tracks on it that should have been included on that full length album.

Has anyone of you ever heard that original version of ''Nocturnal Creation''? it's more blackened death-esque and far more aggressive than the version you'd find on the debut.

You can hear it here: https://runemagick.bandcamp.com/track/n ... l-creation

DemonFeces
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:34 pm 

Great news! I was just wondering if they would ever resurface since they've been inactively active for so long...DDD and On Funeral Wings are my favorite albums of theirs but really each one has great things to offer. I hope there's some new material soon.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:04 pm 

Little teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62O36Rf4GMc

Resurrection in Blood seems like their worst album from what I've heard so far; it's rather plodding and not riff-y enough but everything else that I've been revisiting is either solid as hell or absolutely incredible. Enter the Realm of Death has potential to become another favorite of mine - I really love such skullcrushing riffs get unleashed in songs that know how to surprise and excite you, as there's so much variation on that album.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 am 

New track:

https://runemagick.bandcamp.com/track/r ... le-version

xxld1k

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:07 am 

televiper11 wrote:

Very good. Sounds more Chaos Eclipse/DDD/Funeral Wings era which is my favorite. Very excited for this release.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:18 pm 

The new song is alright but so far I'm not crazy of it.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:29 pm 

Sounds good, not the best track they’ve ever done but I have HIGH expectations for Runemagick so that’s more on me than them. It’s an automatic purchase though.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:16 am 

That track worked for me. Going to get the limited edition box!

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:44 pm 

Domedag, Saltas, Runemagick...Nicklas Rudolfsson is in top form this year.
I hope he and Basstard (love this guy's nickname) will produce more Rapid Terrör music in the near future because I worship that kind of speed metal.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:33 am 

Next single is out:

https://runemagick.bandcamp.com/track/a ... le-version

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:28 pm 

televiper11 wrote:

Oh hot damn. Sold.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm 

I like both of these songs more than anything I've heard from Heavydeath. Glad they're back to it here.

xxld1k

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am 

Runemagick will be playing at the Brooklyn Bazaar on November 16th. I believe this will be their first US appearance. I'm traveling from Florida for the show.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am 

xxld1k wrote:
Runemagick will be playing at the Brooklyn Bazaar on November 16th. I believe this will be their first US appearance. I'm traveling from Florida for the show.

Saw that show listing. Tickets weren't on sale yet last I looked but I will def be going.

xxld1k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 am 

televiper11 wrote:
xxld1k wrote:

Saw that show listing. Tickets weren't on sale yet last I looked but I will def be going.

I am eagerly awaiting these tickets to go on sale.

New album dropped today:

https://runemagick.bandcamp.com/album/e ... smal-sleep

Loving the return to the mid-paced sound from their mid-era. Still has some aspects of their later work with some long, doomey sections but overall, a great comeback album encapsulating everything great about Runemagick.

Also note that this is the shortest Runemagick album since their first running at ~45 minutes.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm 

I'm still waiting on the limited edition box to arrive. Hopefully next week. So keen to hear this. Ever since Requiem of the Apocalypse they've been so good and haven't faltered. I expect this one to be exactly the same.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:17 am 

Not really in a doom/death metal mood now, but this album seems to be exactly what I've hoped for - a return to a more basic doom/death sound Ruemagick did in the early-mid 00's. Way better than their latest few albums they did over a decade ago.

Reply to topic