Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Baron_Bukkake
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 am 

Hey dudes and dudettes I've been listening to a lot of Sabbat lately and I've been wondering, what the hell is Mion's Hill? Is it a real place or inspired by something from a movie/book? I see the name and there's super cryptic and weird about it that I love, and I honestly kind of hope it's just some shit they just made up randomly.

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 am 

Means "Demon-Sound" in Japanese. Just Googled it now out of interest because I've been listening to them a fair bit lately. They're coming to NZ in May. Great band!

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:56 pm 

Mion is just a common Japanese name, different kanji give it different meanings.

Mion's Hill is probably just some made up location that Gezolucifer created while practicing some drunken evil katana technique.

Metalion_SOS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:53 am 

I believe it's based on Meon Hill (obviously different spelling, but too close to be a coincidence), lots of stuff has happened there.

Edit: here's a decent article https://crberryauthor.wordpress.com/201 ... meon-hill/

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 pm 

Metalion_SOS wrote:
I believe it's based on Meon Hill (obviously different spelling, but too close to be a coincidence), lots of stuff has happened there.

Edit: here's a decent article https://crberryauthor.wordpress.com/201 ... meon-hill/

Well, I didn't know about this.

Quote:
But it’s what happened on 14th February 1945 — Valentine’s Day of all days—that really put Meon Hill on the map. This is when 74-year-old Lower Quinton farm labourer Charles Walton was murdered on its slopes.

Walton’s murder was brutal, gruesome and unusual. He was killed with his own instruments. His head was smashed in with his walking stick. His throat was cut with the trouncing hook he’d been using to trim hedges, which was found buried in his neck. And he was impaled and pinned to the ground with his own pitchfork.

There was a conspicuous further detail: a cross-shaped symbol was carved into his chest.

Now this is what I call morbid.

Reply to topic