2. Twilight Zone
3. Victims of a Clown
4. TV5/4Chan
5. We're Tired of It
6. Wargasm
7. Antifa
8. Game Over
9. AmeriKKKa

Not into these guys' later stuff because I couldn't care less about the political crap, but hey, Uncle Al is who he is. Huge dislike ratio on that video by the way...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm 

Ministry seems to be fueled by terrible Presidents in office, and with Trump, these songs must have wrote themselves. I haven't heard the past two albums, the W. Bush trilogy is where I last checked in, but I've got high hopes for this one.

Kutulu
Tzeentchian Rubric Manipulator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:06 pm 

:lol:

The amount of dislikes and retarded comments on that video was worth being stuck with that song on my YouTube mix for the next five years.

Some metal fans are always good for a laugh with their faux outrage and sensitivity.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:43 pm 

Good to know Al is still making shitty music.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:28 pm 

Hey, in a mix, how much louder should the snare be than everything else? Like, roughly ten times louder, right? Just checking.

Looks like the trend of Republican President = Good Ministry albums has finally ended.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm 

FUCKING dope, can't wait for this to hit. Looks like I found the album I'll bump when Trump is finally impeached.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:04 am 

Think the last Ministry album I REALLY liked was Rio Grande.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Warty_basaloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:45 am 

Is Antifa about shutting down concerts of scary European black metal bands whilst swinging a communist flag? :-P The sudden American Antifa obsession is pretty comical to us as these groups have wrecked parts of town and cars, etc, at least since the late 80s over here (usually on 1st of May, ironically workers' day, considering that many of them sign on or still study whilst living with mum), travelling from all parts of the country, even the rest of Europe, possibly worldwide if the trust fund allows it, to cities like Berlin just to throw bricks and Molotov cocktails at police officers, to burn down your car, clear out your supermarket, etc, year in, year out.

Whilst all this can be pretty annoying, unless one joins in (purely for the violence, who doesn't like violence when young), the most dangerous aspect of such events, and I forgot to mention this earlier, isn't the prospect of getting hit by a police officer or a water cannon, but frankly that someone behind you, who has very spindly arms (see Ministry singer in that video for a great example), tries to throw a rock at the police or the sky or smth but lacks the required skills and thus almost hits the back of your head.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 am 

I'm really not looking forward to this. I like the Bush trilogy, especially Rio Grande Blood, but the last two were phoned in at best. The fact that Al has repeatedly stated that he hates everything to do with Ministry makes me wonder why people bother to enable him at all. His side projects aren't that great but at least they sound like stuff that he (might) actually want to make. New Ministry albums and tours are just a miserable experience for everybody involved.

Also, I can't help but feel like Al has no honest to god personal convictions when it comes to politics. He jumped on the 9/11 truther movement with "Lies Lies Lies" when Loose Change came out and has since distanced himself from it. The song "99%" is an expression of support for Occupy Wall Street but doesn't actually say anything beyond counting to 9(9) and listing names of cities. Even this "Antifa" song doesn't seem to have anything about what the movement stands for beyond random samples. Online comment sections are blasting him for supporting what is deemed an excessively violent movement but they really should be blasting him for being an out of touch old man that wants to bandwagon every rebellious thing for the sake of shallow rebellion. He wants to be a spokesman for these people but he looks like a manchild who's just there for the violence.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:40 pm 

Not familiar with this band at all though I should look into them more I guess. I think this song would be hilarious if it was meant to troll the people who really hate Antifa - a sort of low-brow satire attempt in a way. It seems to be serious though, so oh well. It was a pretty shitty song to be honest.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 pm 

Like the people such a trolling act would be trolling, it's reaching a point where the distinction between seriousness and trolling is hard to discern. It's probably somewhat both. "I'll state my genuine feelings with as little nuance as possible: that will surely piss them off!"

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:03 pm 

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be clever in any way. Shame - would be interesting to see that type of humor done well. Instead it seemed like just a bunch of simple lyrics about "we are Antifa!" and such.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:41 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Even this "Antifa" song doesn't seem to have anything about what the movement stands for beyond random samples.

To be fair, the samples sound way better and synchronised with the music than his vocals do.

It was an okay song, but nothing I'm willing to lay down money for. Curious to hear some of the others, though.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:14 am 

There is only one crucial "Antifa" song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNHLZN7gIk

I haven't heard any Ministry since ... Filth Pig, I think. I'll say, however, that back in the day I found them pretty goddamned intense; first time I heard "Stigmata" in a friend's car, stoned as shit late at night, I was like WHAAT IIISS THIIISS. (I was Cobra Commander apparently.) Kind of hard to comprehend that now. I guess metal wasn't creeping me out like it used to so all the early 90s industrial and goth replaced it for me -- and The Land of Rape and Honey was a gateway. Ministry needs to get their creep factor back. "Scarecrow" still sort of weirds me out.

Also Ministry was my first pit experience, when much of the Lollapalooza lawn turned into one. That was rather momentous.

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:44 am 

Totally get what you mean by the creepiness feeling, especially with a song like "Scarecrow." I'm more interested in hearing Ministry being less a metal band and more industrial and experimental.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:28 am 

Diamhea wrote:

I was about to post a facepalm but wait... :-P

Lame and childish.

P.S: I enjoy their shows but the last albums... :nono:

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm 

The song is not musically bad, I actually liked it, even though I'm not in touch with most of ministry's stuff, about the message, well, yeah, screw all that left/right-wing shit but If I can tolerate a bunch of nazi clowns playing some good atmospheric/folky black metal why can't I do the same with some antifascist morons doing decent industrial.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 am 

The concentrated badness of the album title is sinking in. What happened? They couldn't choose between an "AmeriKKKA" pun and an "American't" pun, so they went with both? How about choosing to leave the band broken up?

Quote:
Lame and childish.

P.S: I enjoy their shows but the last albums... :nono:

He's clearly lying about being a Ministry fan, or he'd have been equally offended by all of their past lyrics. Either that or he's just pretending to be outraged for clicks.

Ministry "promotes violence"? Are we middle aged housewives living in 1985? It's a fucking band. Give me a break.

GoatBoat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 am 

Hahaha, I'm unfamiliar with Ministry, but that sounds awful. I like political lyrics, provided that they fit in with the music (GG Allin and early Dying Fetus are good examples IMO) and aren't too milquetoast. These titles bring back painful memories of that one really, really shitty Bathory song, and immediately make me think of teen rebellion trash.

I get the strong impression the controversy is going to be more entertaining than the music, so at least it has that going on for it.

Warty_basaloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:17 am 

Seen the video with the sound on now. I used to like the old Ministry albums but this just sounds like warmed up Ministry with cheesy Pendulum style synth sound. Did the singer always dress up like an anarcho Sigue Sigue Sputnik member?

Wonder if the kids will love it.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 am 

Nothing wrong with political lyrics if done well. Ministry/Al hasn't done them well since 2007 though and it's becoming a parody of itself. I could forgive one mediocre album in Relapse, but two more? It's becoming a trend now with Ministry. It's like Ministry is becoming one of those old Republic talking points that just won't die (tax cuts pay for themselves, trickle down economics), otherwise known as zombie lies.

I haven't heard this song yet, but I'm guessing it'll fit right into the sound of their last (shitty) album based on the song titles and cover art, and if so, that's just sad. Saaaad.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:52 am 

A general remark:
Not a fan of the song, but after listening to it, I am starting to believe that it's much easier for a band to sound stale in industrial metal - a genre based a lot around production and innovation of sound. Those records that really captured a strong sound (Godflesh's debut, Ministry's Land Of Rape And Honey, P.H.O.B.O.S.' debut...) are still awesome, but now, it seems to me that an uninspired industrial metal album is a much less pleasant experience than a just-as-uninspired death metal album.

The last Ministry album I enjoyed was The Last Sucker. Actually, Surgical Meth Machine was a decent half-assed wacky thing. Relapse and From Beer... were both rather lame and stale - this doesn't sound much better. I do like Jourgensen's style of trying to piss off pretty much everyone at the same time, though.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 pm 

They performed "Wargasm" in Mass. Sounds Godflesh-ish with that crawling riff. Much better song than Antifa.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 pm 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
They performed "Wargasm" in Mass. Sounds Godflesh-ish with that crawling riff. Much better song than Antifa.

I listened to about 2/3, then realised it wasn't just an intro and the song had actually begun.

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 pm 

Was listening to Filth Pig today. Really great album actually. A nice slower follow up to Psalm 69, in the way South of Heaven was to Reign In Blood.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:03 pm 

Yeah, "Filth Pig" is underrated. I fondly recall (at some point in the mid 90's) getting into a friends' car whose stereo system was all tricked out for rap-blasting purposes, and cranking "Lava" - even he could not resist headbangery.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 am 

Looks like Ministry spent one day getting trolled on 4Chan too many.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 am 

demonomania wrote:
Yeah, "Filth Pig" is underrated. I fondly recall (at some point in the mid 90's) getting into a friends' car whose stereo system was all tricked out for rap-blasting purposes, and cranking "Lava" - even he could not resist headbangery.

I keep trying to get into that album, but it's too challenging for me.

I'm as much a fan of chaotic insane noise as anyone else (and indeed, much of Psalm 69 can be described as that), but the lack of electronics and speed makes Filth Pig really one-dimensional. It has fuzz...and more fuzz...and more fuzz. I keep thinking "thanks, I've gotten the point" after 1-2 minutes into every song.

As a manifesto of drug-addicted dysfunction, it's interesting. Ministry arguably fell further down that rabbit hole than any other metal band. But as music it doesn't seem to offer much.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am 

As a Ministry fan, "Anitfa" hurt a lot. That song sucks ass. This is the same band (kind of / not really, just Al) that did great metal albums like Filth Pig, Psalm, and Rio Grande Blood. They even did great remix albums during the 00s that get overlooked. There reunion material has been so underwhelming, but this is anew low. It made me go back to RGB to check the lyrics and even on that album they're pretty bad. Just a bunch of Loose Change-isms and shit, despite the music being awesome. Al, is just embarrassing now.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm 

The lyrics aren't that bad. Some are fine, disagreeing with the lyrical content doesn't mean the lyrics are bad.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 am 

DrummingEdge133 wrote:
The lyrics aren't that bad. Some are fine, disagreeing with the lyrical content doesn't mean the lyrics are bad.

Some are fine, and my disagreement on Al's views aside, I expected more before I actually read them. On that particular album it's pretty shoddy with his attacks. Figured they'd be deep and vitriolic throughout the entire thing instead of (albeit honest) shitflinging and shallow bluntness.

An example of great vocals with total letdown lyrics is "Khyber Pass". All that build up for some terrible lines sung well.

But I digress. I still love the album. It's this latest era of Ministry that I distance myself from. Cause unlike the last decade's albums, this decade's ministry should never have existed.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

NordicWarhammer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 pm 

I am a huge Ministry fan, but their albums that have come to creation since he got off hard drugs (prior to the Bush albums) have been anywhere from "pretty craptastic" to "flat out shitty". Pile on his paranoia and you have some funny filth, but that is about it (he is all about thinking that 9/11 was a government conspiracy... lol...).

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 am 

NordicWarhammer wrote:
I am a huge Ministry fan, but their albums that have come to creation since he got off hard drugs (prior to the Bush albums) have been anywhere from "pretty craptastic" to "flat out shitty". Pile on his paranoia and you have some funny filth, but that is about it (he is all about thinking that 9/11 was a government conspiracy... lol...).

You talking about Dark Side of the Spoon and Animositisomina? I haven't heard Spoon, but I've heard a few tracks from Animositisomina. That one looks to be pretty solid from what I can tell. That's the next album I'd like to get from them along with Twitch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: show
Anyway, about 9/11 and government conspiracies. I'm tired of people equating "inside job" with the government having some kind of inside knowledge about the attack, which although, in all honestly, could be possible. A false flag operation to get us locked into all these wars in the Middle East, all under the guise of the military industrial complex. It's happened before. It's happening now to some extent. Whether or not the Bush administration or someone else behind the scenes had prior knowledge, however, we may never know.

Listen though, what I'm really referring to are all the architects/engineers who have come forward and expressed their disbelief in the pancake collapse theory which defies the laws of physics, as well as all the firefighters/police/witnesses who first hand heard explosives being set off in the building before and during the planes hitting the towers, and just before their near free fall collapse into dust. Not to mention WTC7. Here's a great documentary about this, if you're interested. It's quite different from the Loose Change perspective.

Last edited by Morrigan on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leadslinger75
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 pm 

Sounds like far-left political garbage, I'll pass.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 pm 

Leadslinger75 wrote:
Sounds like far-left political garbage, I'll pass.

Well that's where you're wrong my friend. It doesn't sound like far-left political garbage. It IS far-left political garbage. It's still worth checking out. But right-left politics aside - Antifa isn't necessarily a group a metal band should want to associate with. AFAIK they have a knack for getting metal shows shut down based on whatever their agenda is that day of the month. They're not protesting in the Martin Luther King fashion either. It's more of a 'throw a brick at your head' fashion. Doesn't matter what your ideology is - if you have to get violent towards regular citizens about it, you're a moron and possibly a psychopath. Rumor has it they recently derailed a train near my home, which landed on the interstate highway and seriously injured a bunch of people. I never quite understood the idea of being against fascism in words yet essentially practicing and promoting the values of fascism (violence, censorship, terror). It's also interesting they try to come across as rebellious anarchists when really their values are ultimately about growing state power and authority over their citizens.

The music video is more funny than it is offensive. I've returned to the music video a few times and it's definitely got that 'so bad it's good' factor. That's all I ask for with a music video. I'm not a fan of the music but I'd be lying if I said Ministry was ever my cup of tea.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:00 pm 

So, thoughts on this now that its out?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am 

Politically speaking, Ministry and Al have always had far-left politics. Not sure why this is now surprising people. I never cared for the political stuff one way or another, I only care that the music is good, and on that front, I can't speak to this as I haven't heard it yet. Ministry hasn't been musically interesting for a few albums now, so we'll see.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 am 

It sucks and I really hope this is the last we see of the "famous liberal musicians making shitty albums" trend that's been going on this year.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 am 

The fact that Al is being super left-wing and anti-whichever-republican-is-president-right-now is neither surprising nor is it the reason the album sucks. The album sucks because the songs are all bad and stupid. He went full fledged Truther on Rio Grande Blood and that's one of the best psychofast robothrash albums in existence. The politics have nothing to do with why this is a shit album.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am 

I'm all for punching fascists in the face and making them scared to go outside their homes, but the song sucks ass. Shame but not too surprising- my general experience with industrial is that I'll try something different and then in a few minutes time I'll be listening to Streetcleaner again.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next