Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:39 pm 

Quote:
Memento Mori label has discovered a beast of a death/thrash metal band in Greek ravagers RAPTURE. Invoking the spirit of bands like DARK ANGEL, DEMOLITION HAMMER, early DEATH, SADUS, SLAYER, MERCILESS, PROTECTOR, RIGOR MORTIS, MASSACRA, SEPULTURA, DESTRUCTION, NUM SKULL, early PESTILENCE and SODOM, they whip up a storm of feelings in even the most hardened veterans. Unrelenting, ferocious and technically competent, they give you the most exciting album in the style we have witnessed. They take the best elements of what made thrash metal special in the first place and blend in influences of death metal to make the most devastating and potent form of death/thrash metal created in recent times. Here's a band that's delivered on the promise of giving us stronger material with each passing year and 'Paroxysm of Hatred' is easily their best release till date.

For fans of - DARK ANGEL, DEMOLITION HAMMER, early DEATH, SADUS, SLAYER, MERCILESS, PROTECTOR, RIGOR MORTIS, MASSACRA, SEPULTURA, DESTRUCTION, NUM SKULL, early PESTILENCE and SODOM

Line up:
Apostolos Papadimitriou - Guitars, Vocals
Nikitas Melios - Guitars
Stamatis Petrou - Bass
Giorgos Melios - Drums

I am halfway through this album for the first time right now and this RIPS. The best comparison is to Ripper without the crazy bass playing. Absolutely vicious album that I suspect will be essential for all thrash fans. Between this and Ectoplasma, Memento Mori is off to a killer start to 2018!

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 am 

I thought this would be the Finnish Rapture and thought "FINALLY!!!" but to no avail. This is pretty decent though

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:17 pm 

maladie wrote:
I thought this would be the Finnish Rapture and thought "FINALLY!!!" but to no avail. This is pretty decent though

Me too.. I was so disappointed!

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:30 pm 

Never heard of the Finnish Rapture, but I'm surprised people aren't losing their mind over this. Most people have a pretty limited taste for thrash, but this seems like it would fit in with what most metal fans seem to like from the subgenre.

leatherandtrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 am 

pfk505 wrote:
maladie wrote:

Me too.. I was so disappointed!

Same, extremely disappointing, however I did see the Finnish Rapture is releasing all of their discography on vinyl for the first time ever. As of today actually. I'm definitely going to score Futile.

Reply to topic