Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:59 pm 

I am definitely stoked to hear this. I cannot wait to hear some new material. I saw the announcement the other day that about the other guitarist leaving so hopefully the new guy fits in.

Quote:
SESSION GUITARPLAYER FABIAN VERWEIJ & NEW ALBUM LEGION OF THE DAMNED
Legion of the damned never has a dull moment so also today we have some great news coming up.
Today Legion of the damned announces officially that the band will be heading back to the Stage One Studio with Andy Classen to record their new 7th full length album in 2018. Its been almost 5 years ago since the release of “RAVENOUS PLAGUE” and the band already has been writing new songs the past few years. Album title and album release date is still unknown as the band is still in writing process, but some of you might be happy to hear the studio has been booked.
Another great news is that the band also announces the coming of a new guitargrinder in the name of FABIAN VERWEIJ. Legion of the damned welcomes Fabian to be their new force in guitarshredding madness. Fabian will be first seen in action when Legion of the damned will play an exclusive show at the OAK GARAGE in Norway on March 17th 2018.
Fabian himself states: “I’ve been around for quite some time with my own band Disquiet, have been playing in bands like X-Tinxion, Apophys and Heidevolk. This time I am up for a complete new adventure. I’ll be joining LEGION OF THE DAMNED on their next crusade. My first show will be in Norway at the Oak Garage on March 17, 2018. I am really looking forward to this one as Norway always has been a special place for me. I am super thrilled and extremely honored to be part of this amazing band and I hope to meet you all out there on Legion’s next festival or tour”
Singer Maurice states: Its crucial for LEGION OF THE DAMNED to keep its ball running so today we announce our new asset Fabian. We wish Fabian a great time with us and hope he will be getting a warm welcome by our fans!"

https://www.facebook.com/LOTDOfficial/? ... qQ&fref=nf

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm 

I'm shocked they're even still around tbh

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
I'm shocked they're even still around tbh

Same. Haven't really paid attention to them in recent years either though. Loved the debut, but even by the second album I thought the formula had grown a little stale

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am 

They havent made a bad album, though I havent listened to the last one in a long time.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 am 

Haven't listened to them since the Cult of the Dead. I've tried to shop that album for years...

Sometimes I still pop Feel the Blade on and do a best-of, too tedious to sit through.

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:24 pm 

I was pretty into them around 2008-2009 but the formula grew old. I'll still probably give it a listen or two :)

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

Reply to topic