* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 am 

BastardHead wrote:
wrathchild_88 wrote:
edit: oh that Autopsy album is only an EP...

EPs are still valid ya know, unless it's a personal thing for yourself. As long as it's new original material (so no live albums, covers albums, best-of comps, etc) it's good.

jimbies wrote:
I know the OP says to PM the list, but hopefully people post them here as well so that I can see the individual lists.

Let's keep that to the results thread. Discussing stuff like we've been doing it totally fine but I like keeping the lists themselves as more of a "secret ballot" type thing in the interest of anticipation and potentially influencing other lists.

Shit, yeah, I agree. I forgot about there being a separate results thread after.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm 

1. Threshold - Legends of the Shires (No Wilson, no problem. An epic journey with basically no filler and everything exceptional)
2. Duskmourn - Of Shadow and Flame (Folky melodeath done correctly, with "unfriendly" production and some of the sickest melodies...)
3. Dodecahedron - Kwintessens (The eponymous track is worth the price of admission by itself. Not a song or a work of art, but an achievement)
4. Ascended Dead - Abhorrent Manifestation (Sick, twisted vocal delivery, non stop unrelenting death metal the way it should be)
5. Grima - Tales of the Enchanted Woods (Dark, melodic blackish metal with mid tempo stuff thrown in)
6. The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension (Brutal, with very interesting songwriting. The intro is too long, but the rest of the album kills)
7. Cold Insight - Further Nowhere (Beautifully depressing, especially "Close Your Eyes")
8.Dimman - Guide My Fury (EP) - These kids are like 20, lol wtf? Has the maturity of bands that have been around for 20 years or so)
9. Norrskold - Withering Virtue - The Second Chapter (Took me by surprise....riffs, riffs, and more riffs. Just wow)
10. Cover of Night - The Depths (Very dark and atmospheric one-man band from "The Road" in the USA)

DEBUT: The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension

This was an off year, like others have said, with a few tremendous albums, but mostly just a lot of strong recordings. A couple surprises, which I would NOT have predicted back in January, are the fact that I don't have Nokturnal Mortum or Summoning on my list. I also was shocked at how good this Threshold album is. It literally has been on my playlist every day since it came out. Given how good their track record is, especially Dead Reckoning and March of Progress, it probably shouldn't have surprised me. Overall, my tastes evolved in 2017, as I saw myself exploring the deepest recesses of the underground for extreme metal of any form. Next year should be awesome with Sulphur Aeon leading the charge with their highly anticipated 3rd album. I can't wait.

EDIT: I somehow forgot about my #2 album of the year in my first list so I had to edit and push everything down a slot which means Cannibal Corpse got knocked off. Duskmourn released a monstrous folky melodic extreme album that cannot be ignored. I knew something felt off when I was making the list and I'm glad I got it right.

Last edited by Pitiless Wanderer on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

That new Threshold really is awesome - though the 80 minute length prevents me from saying it's better than their very cool, consistent previous few albums. I'd put them all in the 90s somewhere though. What a great band.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 pm 

Without giving much of my list away, the new Threshold is indeed high up there. It's so strange, too--Glenn is my least favorite vocalist the band has had, yet this could very well be my favorite album from them.

"Small Dark Lines," "The Shire Pt. 2," "Trust the Process," "Swallowed," "Snowblind," "Stars and Satellites"...so many exceptional tunes.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:43 pm 

It's a tough choice, but Glynn is probably their best singer for me. He is a fucking powerhouse. They've never sounded heavier and more aggressive.

Every song is very good, yeah - though the 80 minute length can make it slightly daunting for an easy listen. It's not long enough to be a Book of Souls-like journey, but is longer than a typical album - an odd middle point that just feels like a slightly long album rather than a real mammoth epic - but it's a minor quibble and every song works anyway. For the Journey's concise runtime made it their best for me, but this new one is close.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

It doesn't feel like 80 mins to me. It just flows pretty much flawlessly. Threshold is a unique band in that they've had, in my opinion, 3 stellar vocalists. I can't decide which one I like the best.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:08 pm 

It's not in my list but guys, don't forget about the new Aosoth, it rips. I'm just a bit tired of their style.

Also, don't forget about Locust Leaves, it came out in February so it's not totally fresh but it's incredible.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:46 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
1. Threshold - Legends of the Shires (No Wilson, no problem. An epic journey with basically no filler and everything exceptional)
2. Dodecahedron - Kwintessens (The eponymous track is worth the price of admission by itself. Not a song or a work of art, but an achievement)
3. Ascended Dead - Abhorrent Manifestation (Sick, twisted vocal delivery, non stop unrelenting death metal the way it should be)
4. Grima - Tales of the Enchanted Woods (Dark, melodic blackish metal with mid tempo stuff thrown in)
5. The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension (Brutal, with very interesting songwriting. The intro is too long, but the rest of the album kills)
6. Cold Insight - Further Nowhere (Beautifully depressing, especially "Close Your Eyes")
7. Dimman - Guide My Fury (EP) - These kids are like 20, lol wtf? Has the maturity of bands that have been around for 20 years or so)
8. Norrskold - Withering Virtue - The Second Chapter (Took me by surprise....riffs, riffs, and more riffs. Just wow)
9. Cover of Night - The Depths (Very dark and atmospheric one-man band from "The Road" in the USA)
10. Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black (Fun, brutal, heavy...not much else to say. An excellent addition to a strong discog.)

This was an off year, like others have said, with a few tremendous albums, but mostly just a lot of strong recordings. A couple surprises, which I would NOT have predicted back in January, are the fact that I don't have Nokturnal Mortum or Summoning on my list. I also was shocked at how good this Threshold album is. It literally has been on my playlist every day since it came out. Given how good their track record is, especially Dead Reckoning and March of Progress, it probably shouldn't have surprised me. Overall, my tastes evolved in 2017, as I saw myself exploring the deepest recesses of the underground for extreme metal of any form. Next year should be awesome with Sulphur Aeon leading the charge with their highly anticipated 3rd album. I can't wait.

Hell yeah, The Ominous Circle was the first album I bought in 2017. Agree with you on the intro, but man the rest of that album kills

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:54 pm 

I just bought one of their t shirts \m/

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 pm 

theagentcoma wrote:
Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
2. Dodecahedron - Kwintessens (The eponymous track is worth the price of admission by itself. Not a song or a work of art, but an achievement)
3. Ascended Dead - Abhorrent Manifestation (Sick, twisted vocal delivery, non stop unrelenting death metal the way it should be)
4. Grima - Tales of the Enchanted Woods (Dark, melodic blackish metal with mid tempo stuff thrown in)
5. The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension (Brutal, with very interesting songwriting. The intro is too long, but the rest of the album kills)
6. Cold Insight - Further Nowhere (Beautifully depressing, especially "Close Your Eyes")
7. Dimman - Guide My Fury (EP) - These kids are like 20, lol wtf? Has the maturity of bands that have been around for 20 years or so)
8. Norrskold - Withering Virtue - The Second Chapter (Took me by surprise....riffs, riffs, and more riffs. Just wow)
9. Cover of Night - The Depths (Very dark and atmospheric one-man band from "The Road" in the USA)
10. Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black (Fun, brutal, heavy...not much else to say. An excellent addition to a strong discog.)

Hell yeah, The Ominous Circle was the first album I bought in 2017. Agree with you on the intro, but man the rest of that album kills

If you like it, make sure to check the Ascended Dead record. Totally chaotic death metal, it fucking slays.

therealvivs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 am 

I dunno why so many people complaining about this being a dry year... but then again I listen almost exclusively to death and black metal and all the bastard hybrids of both.
On death metal alone this year was gold. From veteran acts like Incantation, Cannibal Corpse, Belphegor, Immolation and even Morbid Angel (!!) releasing solid material, great debut releases from bands like Engulfed and The Ominous Circle, mighty returns like Akercocke, Shaarimoth and Excommunion, ear-rapping albums by the likes of Hideous Divinity, Benighted, Dying Fetus, you name it, you got it. Whatever your poison, death metal got you covered this year.

That being said, my number 1 spot goes to Elder and that masterpiece of an album.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 am 

Personally this was a down year for me too, but my potential candidates are like 80% death metal as well. Death metal killed it this year, but everything else struggled.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Daysbetween
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am 

I started re-listening to 2017 stuff at the weekend but will be sure to send my list again. Enjoyed the results last year and thought they were more relevant than the magazine lists. I thought it was a decent year for metal especially the more extreme stuff.

OlderBudweiser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 am 

Lol, i only heard maybe 5 or so releases from 2017. I still live in the 80's. Anyway my number 1 for this year is Lovebites Awakening from Abyss. These petite Japanese Females fucking slay. The guitarist Duo remind me of the guitar battles of old between Tipton / Downing- Smith/ Murray- Hanneman/ King.

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 pm 

My opinion is that the poll souldn't be closed until half january 2018. Otherwise, every release comin' out in these days is authomatically excluded from the list, there is no chance to listen deeply to it and have a strong opinion. First one comin'to my mind is the Evilfeast album, which appears to be a stand-out release but it's too close to n.y.d to be considered.

Also... a question about release date: is it concerning about physical release or is it the digital one happening first which it counts? I'm speaking particularly of Fractal Generator debut, on cd this year but seemingly digitally released som times ago.

I will edit this post later, just to give some little ideas probably my list will be including (in no particular order, as for now, and with painful choices to leave some of them out) Kassad - Faces Turn away; Dumal - The lesser gods; Saqra's cult - Forgotten rites; Sentient Horror - Ungodly forms; Sale Freux - Vindilis; Nightbringer - Terra Damnata; Hetroertzen - Uprising of the Fallen; Draugsol - Volada Land; Woe - Hope attrition; Nemesis Sopor - MMXL; The Great Old Ones ‎– EOD (A Tale Of Dark Legacy); Sorrowplagues - Homecoming; Synodic - Infinite presence in a violent multiverse; Sutrah - Dunes; Blaze of Sorrow - Astri; Suffering hour - In passing ascension

The newest arrivals I haven't listened enough to... but Horrified - Allure of the fallen and Mediis Tenebris ‎– Là où les Hommes se perdent are gainin' prestige.

Best newcomers: Jera - Jera; Grauen - В небесном источнике

Meanwhile, Shroud Ritual - Five suns instrumental progressive death/black/whatever-else metal has hit me back in the head again... impossible to not even mention this great album. Unbelievable it hasn't been released on physical cd yet. Labels, where are you?

LOL!!! record: new Cradle of Filth. Who ever thought they should have sounded again like "Dusk and her embrace"?
Cheers

THis is what I sent:

1) Kassad - Faces turn away
2) Suffering Hour - In passing ascension
3) Sale Freux - Vindilis
4) The Great Old Ones ‎– EOD (A Tale Of Dark Legacy)
5) Nemesis Sopor - MMXL
6) Shroud Ritual - Five suns
7) Nightbringer - Terra Damnata
8) Saqra's cult - Forgotten rites
9) Horrified - Allure of the fallen
10) Mediis Tenebris ‎– Là où les Hommes se perdent

Best newcomer : Jera - Jera

All other bands I listed in the thread are worthy entering this list tho'.

As imagined, Evilfeast album is a killer one but I've given only two listens... too few to enter the highlights of one year.
Very impressing music comes with Silence (Arg) - Placelessness; Sacred Son - Sacred Son is a great album too (don't be drawn to error by the cover), but I'm waiting for the vinyl, so I'll listen to it better in 2018

All the best, no fucking xmas wishes

Last edited by I_Crash_and_Burn on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:14 pm 

Ayreon- The Source
Unleash the Archers- Apex
Wolfheart- Tyhjyys
Wolves in the Throne Room- Thrice Woven
Orden Ogan- Gunmen

Best debut

Satan's Hallow- s/t

Overall an ok year. The last two had a lot more releases that I loved.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:

EDIT: I somehow forgot about my #2 album of the year in my first list so I had to edit and push everything down a slot which means Cannibal Corpse got knocked off. Duskmourn released a monstrous folky melodic extreme album that cannot be ignored. I knew something felt off when I was making the list and I'm glad I got it right.

Shit. Just sent mine in and completely forgot about this album. Oh well.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:26 pm 

OlderBudweiser wrote:
Lol, i only heard maybe 5 or so releases from 2017. I still live in the 80's. Anyway my number 1 for this year is Lovebites Awakening from Abyss. These petite Japanese Females fucking slay. The guitarist Duo remind me of the guitar battles of old between Tipton / Downing- Smith/ Murray- Hanneman/ King.

The latest by Serenity in Murder is incredible as well, speaking of Japanese metal. Might end up in my #1 slot.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:
My opinion is that the poll souldn't be closed until half january 2018. Otherwise, every release comin' out in these days is authomatically excluded from the list, there is no chance to listen deeply to it and have a strong opinion. First one comin'to my mind is the Evilfeast album, which appears to be a stand-out release but it's too close to n.y.d to be considered.

Also... a question about release date: is it concerning about physical release or is it the digital one happening first which it counts? I'm speaking particularly of Fractal Generator debut, on cd this year but seemingly digitally released som times ago.

I will edit this post later, just to give some little ideas probably my list will be including (in no particular order, as for now, and with painful choices to leave some of them out) Kassad - Faces Turn away; Dumal - The lesser gods; Saqra's cult - Forgotten rites; Sentient Horror - Ungodly forms; Sale Freux - Vindilis; Nightbringer - Terra Damnata; Hetroertzen - Uprising of the Fallen; Draugsol - Volada Land; Woe - Hope attrition; Nemesis Sopor - MMXL; The Great Old Ones ‎– EOD (A Tale Of Dark Legacy); Sorrowplagues - Homecoming; Synodic - Infinite presence in a violent multiverse; Sutrah - Dunes; Blaze of Sorrow - Astri; Suffering hour - In passing ascension

The newest arrivals I haven't listened enough to... but Horrified - Uprising of the fallen and Mediis Tenebris ‎– Là où les Hommes se perdent are gainin' prestige.

Best newcomers: Jera - Jera; Grauen - В небесном источнике

LOL!!! record: new Cradle of Filth. Who ever thought they should have sounded again like "Dusk and her embrace"?
Cheers

lol what the fuck dude, i havent heard like half those bands

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:

Yeah, but it's just a bit of fun. CradleofBurzum was saying the same thing but it's honestly just a harmless poll.

I'm going to do my list but I'm waiting for a couple more to arrive, which should be soon. Then I'll make my list, which will be hard because I've been unusually prolific this year - nearly 100 purchased albums!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:21 pm 

Fuck yeah.. gonna wait a few weeks to post mine but that Duskmourn will be at or near the top. Absolutely killer album.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:

Closing the poll at the end of the year is ok because the people who won't be able to listen deeply enough to form a strong opinion to things released at the end of the year will be balanced out by the people who have an immediately strong reaction to those same releases which might otherwise have been tempered by further listening.

Either way it's just a top ten list. Just think of it as a spur of the moment thing and throw on the first ten things that come to mind. It's only meant to be a snapshot of what people were thinking at the moment, not a binding judgement for all posterity. :)

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 am 

Exactly. Hindsight and later discoveries are powerful things, especially when whatever poor sod I nominated for the #1 spot back in 2014 would obviously be stomped into the ground by Mary's Blood's debut album until the crater is so deep you can see Hell. And Nightwish's 2015 offering would have to sleep with one eye open lest Mary's Blood's follow-up album should slice its throat open in the dead of night.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Death metal killed it this year, but everything else struggled.

Yes, excellent year for death metal (quietly a great year for black metal too, I'm noticing my preliminary year end list is backloaded with a ton of black metal).

Speaking of death metal, I hope no one misses out on Bufihimat's debut full length. An absolutely devastating piece of grinding death metal with some tasteful experimentation here and there. An impressive work, you can tell the years of dedication to creating this record paid off. There has been zero mentions of them on the forum, so that's why I'm bringing the name up.
https://bufihimat.bandcamp.com/album/i

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Personally this was a down year for me too, but my potential candidates are like 80% death metal as well. Death metal killed it this year, but everything else struggled.

Fascinating! I found this to be my favorite year for speed/thrash since early '90's with amazing albums from Antichrist, Vulture, Stalker, Condor, Midnight, Vampire, and more. Yet personally most of the death metal I heard this year was underwhelming.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
10. Cover of Night - The Depths (Very dark and atmospheric one-man band from "The Road" in the USA)

Spoiler, but this is going to find it's way somewhere on my list. Love seeing it on yours. I found it fascinating. The lyrics are profoundly sad.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:09 pm 

2017, the year of old hoary death metal bands making hoary old plain average death metal albums. Just kidding! I dug most of them.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:29 pm 

There was some good doom metal in 2017 too. Pallbearer and Below come to mind, but death metal seemed to dominate this year. Dominated most of my list TBH. There were a couple good prog metal releases also from Threshold and Sons of Apollo's debut

putrescent_stench
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Death metal killed it this year, but everything else struggled.

Finding death metal conquering my list as well. Even beyond my top ten, there were a lot of great death metal albums this year - Cannabis Corpse, Left Hand Pass; Phrenelith, Desolate Endscape; Entrails, World Inferno. These are strong albums, but lost to a few others that I found myself going to frequently, and enjoying even more on repeated listens.

Last year seemed to be dominated by thrash, though I don't remember being quite as psyched about them albums as those at the top of my list this year.

Some interesting traditional metal albums as well. Was surprised how much I liked the new Accept - Rise of Chaos. Again, not top 10 material, but a fun listen nonetheless.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 pm 

Damn, I might have to make a list simply for death metal.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Also, don't forget about Locust Leaves, it came out in February so it's not totally fresh but it's incredible.

Glad this was mentioned. Really solid album, though the last two proper tracks pale in comparison to the first song "Light (Fos)." Certainly a project to keep an eye on.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am 

Most of the death metal albums I heard all had the same Portal/Demilich hybrid sound. droneriot made a great point in his Demilich review how it's like that band came from a universe where time runs backwards and they were the most generic brutal tech death metal band in the world because all the death metal bands for years now have been playing catch up with all the ideas they crammed into one little album twenty-four years ago... As for Portal becoming the other cornerstone of death metal... I guess it's a simple way to make a "big" sound?

Obviously I'm more of a black metal fan anyway, but black metal this year seems much more varied with a nice mix of styles all making it into the running for top ten lists.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am 

So many to chose from. Had to eliminate a few newcomers from my list and non-metal stuff.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 am 

Just sent mine in. Of the albums from bands/artists I seek out, there are only two I have yet to hear-Witchery and Nortt. I highly doubt these would make the list (Nortt might be an honorable mention).

Will post my list (with more detailed thoughts) as well as my honorable mentions, biggest disappointments, and my non-metal list/honorable mentions/biggest disappointments in the results thread.
Obliteration

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:24 pm 

Do you guys have an official worst album poll/discussion, or is it just best albums?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to participating for the first time! Shame that Endeligt is coming out so late, though... I still have to listen to that, Kong Vinter, Kwintessens, Deep Calleth Upon Deep, and Gunmen so I can make a confident decision.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:41 pm 

I wouldn't be able to make a very good Worst of 2017 list because I tend not to give albums I hate more than a single listen, and I quickly put them out of my mind so I wouldn't be able to rank them or justify their positions. :V

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:18 pm 

I think for a lot of people, Worst of 2017 would be a waste of time. If there's a handful of shitty albums, who cares which is worse than the others?

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 pm 

Eh, looking back I have no fucking clue why I said "poll" but I sometimes like listening to terrible albums. I can laugh at them, I can analyze what went wrong with them, and my enjoyment of genuinely good albums can increase by listening with them.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am 

Here are the worst of 2017 that I heard...

Havok - Conformicide
Musically ungraceful and annoying with awful vocals and lyrics. Just so bad.

Wintersun - The Forest Seasons
Overblown, bells and whistles pompous garbage - superbly unintelligent, silly music.

Serious Black - Magic
I've loved urban breed for as long as I've been into metal, and this just killed me. Awful crap.

Dragonforce - Reaching for Infinity
Another old favorite of mine descends into essentially try-hard, directionless garbage.

Battle Beast - Bringer of Pain
Utterly shallow, plastic music. Just not good and it's a shame - their old stuff had potential.

Last edited by Empyreal on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:54 am 

I think we should stop posting lists in here until after the results are tallied and posted to prevent further submissions from being influenced or prejudiced.
Obliteration

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next