Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 am 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
I Kept thinking Motörhead seems to be quiet and thought they might of broke up. But then I was just told recently about lemmy..

Told?

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
Anyways, Nazgul comes to mind with their 2002 De Expugnatione Elfmuth release. Solid nerdier-than-thou LOTR black metal, but nothing after the first release. And, no released statements or anything by the band.

Yeah, it's a shame because I enjoyed that music. They started a Facebook some time ago but there hasn't been an update in recent years.

Tyrant was a symphonic black metal band from Japan that stopped making updates back in maybe 2006 or so, and eventually their website closed.

I think Sad Legend counts. Maybe a year ago we finally traced a date but there was no official announcement. And on that note, also Oathean. Both of them were major bands in South Korea's black metal scene, but they both seemed to die out into the 10's decade...

Negura Bunget. I suppose it makes sense though; the band's last founding member died. They haven't released an update saying what they will do; perhaps they're still grieving?

Also, Abyssic Hate was put back into "active" instead of "unknown" but I can't for the life of me figure out why.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm 

ThanatosUK wrote:
g_k wrote:
i've been looking for a month off and on, but i haven't been able to find any information. i mean it's not a HUGE deal, but i'd like to know why one of the best weird dm bands has broken up hah.

I don't know the reasons why, but the insert for the split with Khthoniik Cerviiks says it's the last Howls of Ebb release.

thanks for that, sounds like it was maybe planned to lay the name to rest.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:57 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
I Kept thinking Motörhead seems to be quiet and thought they might of broke up. But then I was just told recently about lemmy..

How did you miss Lemmy's death, man? Not to mention the ensuing shitstorm that's been erupting around his assets and legacy.

Also, this thread convinced me to check up on Coven. I got in contact with one of the guys and he said they'd just been very busy in their personal lives. They played a show a few weeks ago but hadn't done so before that since 2015. Shit happens I guess, especially if music isn't your primary source of income.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:20 pm 

MRmehman wrote:
Steve Nebraska wrote:

How did you miss Lemmy's death, man? Not to mention the ensuing shitstorm that's been erupting around his assets and legacy.

Also, this thread convinced me to check up on Coven. I got in contact with one of the guys and he said they'd just been very busy in their personal lives. They played a show a few weeks ago but hadn't done so before that since 2015. Shit happens I guess, especially if music isn't your primary source of income.

What can I say? Nobody told me and I have no clue how to use Facebook.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm 

MRmehman wrote:
Steve Nebraska wrote:

What shitstorm about his assets? I've been wondering when his estate auction will happen. Nazi memorabilia collectors must be drooling at the chance.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 am 

traxan wrote:
What shitstorm about his assets? I've been wondering when his estate auction will happen. Nazi memorabilia collectors must be drooling at the chance.

Check this out for starters. They took Lemmy's own son out of his will. Shit got ugly a while back.

http://metalassault.com/2017/09/07/a-he ... e-rainbow/

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:33 am 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
traxan wrote:

Check this out for starters. They took Lemmy's own son out of his will. Shit got ugly a while back.

Yeah, that was what I meant by a shitstorm. His son Paul was shafted (as well as Lemmy's girlfriend as I understand), the Rainbow blacklisted a bunch of people for being critical of the statue, stuff came out about Lemmy "hating" Mickey Dee. You could also lump cash grabs like "Undercover" in there too. Most of it's just mudslinging, spite and greed.

I'm sure it's what Lemmy would have wanted.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 am 

traxan wrote:
Nazi memorabilia collectors must be drooling at the chance.

Wait, Lemmy collected Nazi memorabilia? Since I'm not a fan of the band, this is news to me (and seriously so; I'm not making fun of Steve Nebraska). Was that stuff used for stage shows or was he into that kind of shit?

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:52 am 

DecemberSoul wrote:
traxan wrote:

Wait, Lemmy collected Nazi memorabilia? Since I'm not a fan of the band, this is news to me (and seriously so; I'm not making fun of Steve Nebraska). Was that stuff used for stage shows or was he into that kind of shit?

As far as I know, Lemmy was a HUGE World War II afficionado and he hoarded pretty much anything related to that. So to be fair, it was not just Nazi memorabilia.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 am 

Quote:
http://metalassault.com/2017/09/07/a-heartbreaking-tell-all-lemmys-best-friend-scott-albanesius-presents-untold-story-about-lemmy-statue-and-how-he-was-fired-banned-from-the-rainbow/

Doesn't shit always get ugly when famous/rich people die?
And who is this Scott guy? A self proclaimed "best friend" that pops out all of a sudden. Looks more like a mini-me.
Lemmy hated Mikkey Dee? That was unexpected! I really can live without gossip.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
traxan wrote:

Holy shit that is unreal...

And I hate the statue, too. He looks like shit. Did they model it on him one month before he died?

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:56 pm 

DecemberSoul wrote:
traxan wrote:

Christ, you really must not be a fan. Everyone knows this. He has the Nazi logo on his wood grain Rickenbacker and wears an Iron Cross on stage.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm 

I didn't know either so count me out as everyone too.

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:02 pm 

I'm wondering about Shrinebuilder... Does anyone know exactly why they wont play together anymore?
I believe Wino said something about Al being crazy or some shit... but, I mean? What the fuck? I just don't get it. Such a shame, whatever happened, because that album is magnificent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am 

There's probably more money to be made touring Sleep around, and as for Al being crazy, well I'd believe it!

And probably also the usual explanation of other members being busy with other things.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 pm 

What is the deal with OM?

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:28 pm 

traxan wrote:
Christ, you really must not be a fan. Everyone knows this. He has the Nazi logo on his wood grain Rickenbacker and wears an Iron Cross on stage.

"Nazi logo" here = Reichsadler (imperial eagle of the Holy Roman Empire).

Just to emphasise, he didn't go around with the swastika, glorifying it. He may have collected Third Reich memorabilia (come on, Hugo Boss designed their uniforms! Heinous crimes against humanity aside, they were super-stylish) but worth making the obvious point that Lemmy was no Neo-Nazi.

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:59 pm 

Eh, it's very sad that the mighty Circle of Dead Children fits the bill.

One co-founding member, Jason Andrews, left the band after their 2010 album Psalm of the Grand Destroyer (go get it now), and it was announced that their bassist was gonna switch over to guitars. The very last FB post was in late 2014, unrelated to new music and gigs.

I kind of cling to some hope that Joe will make things happen but it doesn't look good at all.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 pm 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
What is the deal with OM?

I've been wondering the same thing for a while now. I guess Sleep is the priority at the moment, but it's strange we haven't heard anything about new Sleep material either for the longest time. OM's still playing live here and there, though, so I don't think there's cause to worry that they're gonna break up any time soon. Still, I can't wait for a new album. I'm still spinning Advaitic Songs regularly.

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:32 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
There's probably more money to be made touring Sleep around, and as for Al being crazy, well I'd believe it!

And probably also the usual explanation of other members being busy with other things.

I guess you're right. I was just wondering if there was anything deeper behind it, but I totally get what you're saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm 

idunnosomename wrote:
traxan wrote:

"Nazi logo" here = Reichsadler (imperial eagle of the Holy Roman Empire).

Just to emphasise, he didn't go around with the swastika, glorifying it. He may have collected Third Reich memorabilia (come on, Hugo Boss designed their uniforms! Heinous crimes against humanity aside, they were super-stylish) but worth making the obvious point that Lemmy was no Neo-Nazi.

thanks for the correction, I didn't know what the eagle symbol was called.

And I know he was no Nazi. He said it all the time, the Germans do it with style and the bad guys have all the best stuff. Those were his words. I can see how the sight of his apartment had to be scary but anyone listening to him talk with know he was no Nazi.

Mutterficker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 pm 

MRmehman wrote:

Are we talking about Jinx Dawson's Coven or another band called Coven? Because I know Dawson's band has been teasing new material but I haven't kept up with them since I heard their god-awful remake of "Wicked Woman".

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:11 am 

I was rocking the hell out to Solitude Aeturnus yesterday, and their status says split-up... was there an official announcement somewhere? Couldn't find anything.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:37 am 

Mutterficker wrote:
MRmehman wrote:

Are we talking about Jinx Dawson's Coven or another band called Coven? Because I know Dawson's band has been teasing new material but I haven't kept up with them since I heard their god-awful remake of "Wicked Woman".

He's referring to the death/thrash Coven (who go by Coven 6669 now), released some great albums like Blessed Is the Black and Boneless Christian.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 am 

Peyp wrote:
Negura Bunget. I suppose it makes sense though; the band's last founding member died. They haven't released an update saying what they will do; perhaps they're still grieving?

Also, Abyssic Hate was put back into "active" instead of "unknown" but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I don't know what's up with Negura Bunget, but given the circumstances I think it would be appropriate for the remaining members to do what every other former line-up has done - that is, carry on under a different name (if they have any desire to do so, obviously) - and just put the NB monicker to rest.

As for Abyssic Hate, Shane has been hinting at some stuff to come on his facebook for a while now. He's definitely busy these days, but I doout it's all AH-related. We'll just have to wait and see.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:56 am 

Review queue reminded me of this - Intestine Baalism. To my knowledge they never mentioned breaking up. It's already been nearly 10 years since the last album! I know they take long between putting stuff out but damn.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

The Red Tower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:50 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
I was rocking the hell out to Solitude Aeturnus yesterday, and their status says split-up... was there an official announcement somewhere? Couldn't find anything.

I learned about their disbandment here on MA too. Being a fan this badly sucks of course but I wasn't really surprised with their last album dating back to 2006. Wrote a report and asked where the information came from. Doomsday (MA mod) answered that "John Perez has confirmed the band is over and done.".

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 pm 

Skymning, Steel Attack, Thirdmoon (says Active on the archives, but they haven't done anything in 11 years)

FuneralDeity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm 

VINTERSEMESTRE! Mysterious black metal band from Finland, released 2 brilliant albums in the mid 90s, then vanished. All 6 members seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. No new projects, no contact, nothing.

Feetgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 pm 

What is the deal with Abyssic Hate? They're still listed as active but its been 17 years since the release of his sole masterpiece album. I've been wanting more material ever since.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 am 

The Red Tower wrote:
TheWaltzer wrote:

I learned about their disbandment here on MA too. Being a fan this badly sucks of course but I wasn't really surprised with their last album dating back to 2006. Wrote a report and asked where the information came from. Doomsday (MA mod) answered that "John Perez has confirmed the band is over and done.".

They split up?! How long ago was this? I remember reading everyone was busy with their private lives but I didn't think they'd call it quits. What a shame.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 am 

raumr wrote:
It's something that annoys me. If I had a band that had people checking out the official outlets for info, I would make some statement like "The band is on ice for the moment, nothing new in the works." Or something like that.

+100000, its not that hard to write at least a short review.

For example, I was excited with Drapsnatt´s upcoming album when someone told me that the band was Split-up. I checkec out their Facebook but there was no mention. I checked the page once again and it was a short mention about the band end in the "about/info" section. Its like come ooooooooooooooon! :(

The Kovenant, Nazgul, Adhur, Vinterland and Frostoom come to me mind. The last two ones being like "aborted" comebacks.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:12 pm 

I just noticed that the prolific Brazillian black metal artist Granatus is now listed as split-up.

Not that it's any great loss, mind you. Granatus is one of those artists who were clearly inspired by Luc Mertz and Zarach Baal Tharagh, sharing the philosophy of "lets put out a new recording every couple weeks or so; and who gives a fuck how crappy it sounds."

Zarach "Baal" Tharagh, to his credit, was actually more talented than Granatus. And (while he may have his flaws) he wasn't a neo-Nazi douchebag, either.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
I just noticed that the prolific Brazillian black metal artist Granatus is now listed as split-up.

Not that it's any great loss, mind you. Granatus is one of those artists who were clearly inspired by Luc Mertz and Zarach Baal Tharagh, sharing the philosophy of "lets put out a new recording every couple weeks or so; and who gives a fuck how crappy it sounds."

Zarach "Baal" Tharagh, to his credit, was actually more talented than Granatus. And (while he may have his flaws) he wasn't a neo-Nazi douchebag, either.

Holy shit, seriously.... :D

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:51 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
Oxenkiller wrote:

Holy shit, seriously.... :D

Where will we get our shitty Brazilian nazi music from now?

On that note, whatever happened to Baal? Is he still going?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2