Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 am 

TrooperEd wrote:
Never mind that shit, KK is so strapped for cash he's selling his royalty rights:

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/8456570/rights-to-130-judas-priest-tracks-up-for-sale-after

This is the most depressing news since Lemmy died. :(

Well that explains why he was so "shocked and saddened" that he wasn't asked back to Priest. He knew the writing was on the wall that he was going to be going broke soon, and Priest would have seemed his only opportunity to keep himself afloat.

Now what's he going to do? He's probably going to have to work until the day he dies to afford living and medical expenses.

Opus
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 am 

Article wrote:
The next part of the bankruptcy process involves the sale of Downing's share of the royalty rights

Does this mean he's forced to sell it?

Temple Of Blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am 

I have a feeling those royalty rights were part of the loan he made to buy the golf course. When it went south, he lost them.

I feel bad for him but I also thought this was a highly risky endeavor and wasn't surprised it went south.

No way the value of those songs will go up over time. Bad investment.

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:24 pm 

Not sure how things weren't looking good for the band in 2009. Maybe Nostradamus got a bad reception but they went on that British Steel full album tour and people seemed to be cool with it again. We all thought the band was retiring with the Epitaph tour so maybe he was just sick of Jayne and just decided to retire early.

I think the band should bring KK back out of a) human decency, b) Andy Sneap really doesn't belong there. Doesn't he have a bunch generic cookie-cutter bands to overproduce?

Frying other fish and false metal since 2004!

Temple Of Blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:58 pm 

Yeah, a reconciliation with KK would be in the both the band and KK's best interests.

He didn't part on bad terms, unlike Rob ... so bringing him back should be easier.

Thought it would be weird seeing KK and KK Jr. playing on the same stage together wearing similar outfits and playing similar guitars.

gizzard_puke
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm 

I feel for KK he's a decent old chap and it sucks for this to happen especially now after all that's gone on. That being said... golf resort... it's a niche activity isn't it? Hardly stuff for the masses to enjoy... and every golf fan I've ever known has been a complete wanker (only three people but it leaves an impression). He'd have been better off going into property development, or invested in stocks, or just banked it and lived off the interest... but what do I know I'm hardly Rockerfeller.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
Yeah, a reconciliation with KK would be in the both the band and KK's best interests.

He didn't part on bad terms, unlike Rob ... so bringing him back should be easier.

Thought it would be weird seeing KK and KK Jr. playing on the same stage together wearing similar outfits and playing similar guitars.

I'd like to see it happen, but it seems they can get away with hiring KK Jr to play both lots of leads with Sneap throwing in some of Glen's easier solos for less money.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16