Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:44 pm 

Man, why the hell not?! I must be like the one guy praising this band to high heavens, and it pains me because they're pretty much incredible in how hey can retain an old school edge while being a more typical modern proggy tech death band. I'm quite fond of both The Dreamer's Will and the more recent EP Crafted by Society, and although the main reference point is without a doubt Beyond Creation I can definitely hear old Spawn of Possession or Quo Vadis on the debut album. To me it's just another example of the incredible Canadian scene.

Furthermore, the band is supposed to release a new album in 2019 and signed by Season of Mist, so is this their chance to finally see the light of day?! I really hope so as this is a great counterpart to Kevin and Hugo's main project, and even more when Beyond Creation is softening up with each passing album. It's great to see a band retaining that old school grit and aggression.

What do you guys think of it? Yay, nay, more or less?

https://broughtbypain.bandcamp.com/albu ... amers-will
https://broughtbypain.bandcamp.com/albu ... society-ep

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 pm 

They remind me of an infinitely more focused and less scattershot early Beyond Creation. I don't like The Aura at all and it put me off them for years, but Brought by Pain has all of the aggression of that album while also not feeling like a disjointed, disorganized mess.

Reply to topic