Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 pm 

Hopefully the 3rd Saurian album from Karl Sanders. He's working on it but there are no dates yet.
Fire walk with me"

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 pm 

Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:
Hopefully the 3rd Saurian album from Karl Sanders. He's working on it but there are no dates yet.
Not getting him to do the soundtrack is why the new mummy movie failed.

The Crazy Old School Music Fan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am 

PurpleDoom wrote:
Crypt Sermon just posted on their Facebook that they're planning to start recording their next album by January at the latest. Definitely looking forward to that, and I'm interested in hearing Watain and Summoning as well.

Oh wow, I can't wait!

I'm also seconding Esoteric, I saw them listed. Also, hopefully Skepticism does something new next year.

Also, on a different note, Hexenhaus. They were done recording their new album as far as I heard, but I haven't heard anything since early in June 2016.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am 

Definitely the new Svartidauði album. They lost a key member in Nökkvi Gylfason, but I'm sure it's still going to be an excellent release, even if it's not the level of Flesh Cathedral.

As for Nökkvi, I know his current band Zhrine has been writing new material, since they played one new song live last year. I'm hoping that they'll make a new album next year, and the fact that they don't have too many gig dates coming up might suggest that they're busy working on something.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:33 am 

Evoken wrote:

I'd love for that to happen too but they're currently broken up.

Yeahhh just nursing the outside hope those dudes punch back in. Their last album is so good.

Intraum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:10 pm 

all i want is that new Deceased album that has been teased for years, dammit! i think it's for really real coming out next year. hopefully.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 pm 

Just occurred to me that Amorphis broke their two-year cycle this year by not releasing an album. Hopefully we get something in 2018.

Pretty sure I mentioned Visigoth in the 2017 version of this thread, and I'll reiterate that here. Eagerly waiting for that.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 am 

PurpleDoom wrote:
Just occurred to me that Amorphis broke their two-year cycle this year by not releasing an album. Hopefully we get something in 2018.

Not unlikely - I've read on Facebook they have oficially finished the tour for Under The Red Cloud, so I think they will make a 2018 release happen. Plus, they re-signed with Nuclear Blast quite recently, so I would expect them to release something very soon.

I'm looking forward to hearing some more Alice in Chains, hopefully they make it this year - their last two were goooooood. Nile, Voivod, Judas Priest and Exodus have also been working on new stuff. And from the ones which are already announced, I want to hear the new Warrel Dane solo record.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 am 

Perhaps ogmetal could chime in if he feels so inclined but aside from the aforementioned Skeletal Remains, Dark Descent should also be primed to release new albums from Horrendous and Beseiged. Maybe even that long awaited Divine Eve too, but I know that’s been a slow roll now for a while for multiple reasons so if it happens, it happens.

I swear this now has to be, at minimum, the third or fourth year in a row where I’ve projected new Disgorge and Flesh Consumed with nothing to show for it. Regarding the latter, I think they might be self-releasing it and could still be available by the end of ‘17, but I’m just about to give up altogether on the former. At one point I thought they went back and had completely rewritten the album from scratch, and now I have zero clue what’s happening.

Skinless has been in the studio, so an early release from them next year is expected. We’re due for new Misery Index, I remember they were writing and demoing ideas late last year. Devourment announced their current five-man lineup in May, certainly that has to be leading to something. Likely a new Revocation album because of course, and no complaints from me.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:19 am 

Hell. I said this last year, and it was confirmed for 2017, but it's definitely pushed back for an 18 release.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 am 

I'm hoping for a new Triptykon next year...and i hope that Hypocrisy would break their wall of silence and start recording something new.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 am 

PurpleDoom wrote:
Pretty sure I mentioned Visigoth in the 2017 version of this thread, and I'll reiterate that here. Eagerly waiting for that.

Right there with ya man. I mentioned them in that thread as well as they are my favorite trad band right now and still spin the debut lp as well as the ep regularly.

Second band I mentioned in that was Caladan Brood. Caladan released their debut right after Summoning released OMD so I doubt we will get that lucky again, but who knows. Those guys keep to themselves so no idea on the state of the sophomore album, but high hopes!

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 pm 

New Vengeful release is not too far off either from memory. Imagine this might end up being early 2018

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:29 pm 

alexo666 wrote:
Alice In Chains
The Ocean
Xentrix
Amon Amarth
MGLA

I absolutely can't wait for the new Mgla album! This is very good news.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 pm 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
I absolutely can't wait for the new Mgla album! This is very good news.

I think this will be a late 2018 release if it even comes out in 2018.

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:10 am 

Vorum
Possession/Venefixion split
Misþyrming
Sulphur Aeon
Omegavortex
Horns of Domination

probably more that don't come to mind atm

Last edited by Warlord Wossman on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:56 pm 

Spoiler: show

March 2018. Not sure if it's really that anticipated, but I'm always curious about new music from Pestilence.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
PurpleDoom wrote:

Not unlikely - I've read on Facebook they have oficially finished the tour for Under The Red Cloud, so I think they will make a 2018 release happen. Plus, they re-signed with Nuclear Blast quite recently, so I would expect them to release something very soon.

Yes, they will release a new album next year. I think they're in the pre-production stages right now, and Olli-Pekka Laine is involved in the writing process.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:09 pm 

Plenty of responses already here, and there's already plenty of confirmed stuff to look forward to, such as Pestilence, Obscura, and Fister.

Cattle Decapitation's last one was 2014, so they're due for a new album, too. Really liked The Anthropocene Extinction so something like that would be more than welcome. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm 

^ Just watched the recent tour doc from Cattle Decap and Travis had mentioned they're ready to get back in the studio. Should see something late next year or early 2019, hopefully.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:31 am 

ThePoop wrote:
^ Just watched the recent tour doc from Cattle Decap and Travis had mentioned they're ready to get back in the studio. Should see something late next year or early 2019, hopefully.

Ah, awesome. Thanks for that. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 am 

My two all time favourite bands, Summoning and Arkona, have albums coming out within a week of each other. 2018 will start out with a bang.

mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:42 am 

USURPER!
And Coroner too, of course

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:51 pm 

Omnium Gatherum

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:54 pm 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Omnium Gatherum

Only if they switch up their sound a little. The last two albums haven't been too exciting to say the least. Especially Grey Heavens just faded out of existence for me.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:14 pm 

Persuader: "- The album is scheduled to be released in 2017 through Inner Wound Recordings."
Looks like it will be 2018.

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Every year I say the new Sleep album and every year I disappoint myself.

I'm with you. As it seems, they're a liiittle bit closer to finalize the goddamn thing finally and hopefully we'll have it in our hands sometime in 2018. I feel the same way about Tool, by the way. It's been too long now you swine, give us what we deserve!

Ilwhyan wrote:
Definitely the new Svartidauði album. They lost a key member in Nökkvi Gylfason, but I'm sure it's still going to be an excellent release, even if it's not the level of Flesh Cathedral.

As for Nökkvi, I know his current band Zhrine has been writing new material, since they played one new song live last year. I'm hoping that they'll make a new album next year, and the fact that they don't have too many gig dates coming up might suggest that they're busy working on something.

Also looking forward to the new Svartidauði! Have listened to Those who Crawl and Slither...demo and Flesh Cathedral countless times! One of the contemporary Black Metal scene's best bands, for sure.

Finally, I really hope we get some new tunes from Eyehategod...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:42 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Omnium Gatherum

Only if they switch up their sound a little. The last two albums haven't been too exciting to say the least. Especially Grey Heavens just faded out of existence for me.

I agree about Grey Heavens, but Storm Front is easily one of their best songs ever. It has an amazing intensity to it. The album before that, Beyond, is killer IMO, though nothing beats NWS.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am 

pfk505 wrote:
My two all time favourite bands, Summoning and Arkona, have albums coming out within a week of each other. 2018 will start out with a bang.

Also mega-excited for both of these albums. "With Doom We Come" the song is great and thus the album will be great as a whole. It is impossible for the title track not to be representative of the album as a whole, right? :aww:

And the artwork for the new Arkona looks cool as heck fire, and also the description sounds like it will be picking up where they left off on Yav, which was definitely their most fun and creative album.

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:10 pm 

Forgot to mention earlier that Snailking are probably going to release a new album next year. Really looking forward to it. I've been a massive fan since their first demo, Samsara back in 2012. I was in close contact with their ex-drummer around that time and I believe I was one of the first to hear songs from that demo, and Storm is a magnificent album so I have high hopes for the follow up.

By the way, the drummer on Samsara and Storm is active in a band called Pissboiler. Really fuckin' dark and slow Doom/Sludge with some serious Black Metal tendencies and they're going to drop something heavy in late December or early January. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 pm 

Stuff I know about.

New Corpsessed, Lvcifyre, Skeletal Remains, Blaspherian, Gravehill, Devouring Star, Ritual Necromancy, Imprecation, Divine Eve, Spectral Voice/Vastum, Lie In Ruins, Vanhelgd, Crypt Sermon, Solstice (UK), Invincible Force.

I may be forgetting one or two.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:13 am 

Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:

I do hope he leaves some Egyptian ambients sections for Nile´s new record.

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:23 am 

Let me think:

1. Kekal - Deeper Underground
2. Sigh - Heir To Despair
3. Ihsahn's new disc
4. Orphaned Land- Unsung Prophets & Dead Messiahs
5. Thy Catafalque is probably releasing something if that enigmatic "2018" message on their Facebook is to be believed :)
6. Howling Sycamore's debut. Davide Tiso's new project, I'm not sure if it's set for 2018 or it will be released in 2017. CD's being printed apparently but so far nothing else has been released, so I kinda doubt they will release without any promotion
7. Anything from the Dordeduh guys. Hopefully their second album, but Sunset in the 12th House is definitely acceptable and there is still that Transceatla album that was supposed to be released in Spring.

Probably more, but most I can think of at the moment are hopeful thinking (i.e Averse's second LP, Self Spiller's second LP etc)

~Guest 268919
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 am 

Enforcer and Toxic Holocaust are both working on things right now I believe so I'm looking forward to those.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:27 am 

Xymosys wrote:
I'm hoping for a new Triptykon next year...and i hope that Hypocrisy would break their wall of silence and start recording something new.

New Triptykon album would indeed be nice. And I wouldn't be surprised if Tom actually released it in 2018, given the fact he has been releasing albums every four years lately (Monotheist, Eparistera Daimones, Melana Chasmata). Also, I don't really want to say this, but Ain's death might inspire him for some heavy and sorrowful songs; I remember I read somewhere that he said he was only inspired when bad things occured around him - that's why Cold Lake blew, he had a new girlfriend and "was happy".

I'll second Alice in Chains, Sulphur Aeon, Ihsahn, Dordeduh and Amorphis, and I'll also add Mayhem, Arcturus, Borknagar and Anciients. Mayhem didn't release anything since Esoteric Warfare, and that was back in 2014. They might be onto something these days. Arcturus, Borknagar and Anciients even said on their Facebook that they were writing new songs. 2018 might be a good year.

And yeah, maybe Dimmu Borgir will finally release that damned thing they've been teasing us with for over a year.

And I'm still hoping for Katy Perry to do another Christian album.

My Last.fm

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 am 

Voivod, Tribulation and Sigh.. on the same year! My heart will not survive :lol:

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 am 

Some I'm looking forward to for 2018 in no particular order...

Coroner
Voivod
Machine Head
Hooded Menace

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:14 am 

Loudness - Rise To Glory (January 26)

Saxon - Thunderbolt (February 2)
I'm looking forward to both these releases.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:38 pm 

January 12. New Corrosion of Conformity. Not bad.

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 pm 

Looking forward to a release by Heidevolk (January 12) and of course, like people have already said: Arkona, Orphaned Land, and Summoning. I know that some people are probably going to appreciate a new Shining release too (January 5) but I've never listened to the band and I'm not sure if I should start there or go back to I.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next