Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm 

I just got the promo for the new Iron Void album and I'm even more hyped than I already was. Might be the best traditional doom album of the year.

https://shadowkingdomrecords.bandcamp.c ... /excalibur

~Guest 354281
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:47 pm 

just listened to Line of Dissent from Skinless upcoming album Savagery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qKOnyA-HGQ

that's a great fucking song right there, if the album keeps this level it's going to be one I'll be listening for quite some time

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
I just got the promo for the new Iron Void album and I'm even more hyped than I already was. Might be the best traditional doom album of the year.

https://shadowkingdomrecords.bandcamp.c ... /excalibur

Those two tracks are really good. I'm looking forward to quite a bit from SKR this year.

Randumo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 pm 

Babymetal tbh. They were about a song away on their last album from being recognized as having a full metal album, they recently have started their own record label, and have been saying how they were on the light side and are now turning to the dark side(hopefully that means an even more and totally full metal album). They dropped a new single yesterday, and it was definitely harder than what the first one they dropped for their last album was.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:22 pm 

Never cared for Babymetal but that song was a good Blood Stain Child style song, might have to check this release out.

Randumo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm 

One thing that is unfortunate is that, like almost every band it seems like today, is that the studio over produces on the actual album itself. Which, if you've ever heard them perform live at any festival, is stupid because they are legit talented and their live stuff actually sounds better than their albums. I mean, say what you want about gimmicks(and I can see why some people have their issues), but if this is what you get live I don't know why the producers haven't realised that they shouldn't mess with it. My opinion is always is, when you have any band full of legit talent, let it do all of the work because you're only holding it back when you start messing with it as a producer.

That is a band producers just really shouldn't be messing with in the studio, right?

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:11 pm 

Haven't read the previous 9 or so pages of this thread but just wanted to pop my head around the door to say that if no one's mentioned the upcoming Alice in Chains album then y'all are shameful.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:04 pm 

Black Fast has a new song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiSmKMYPFs

~Guest 427139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:21 am 

Void of Silence - The Sky Over
preview (facebook)
release dates: 11/06 for cd formats and 18/06 for the vinyl.
Luca Soi is a new vocalist (ex- Arcana Coelestia).

It's definitely the most anticipated album in the (funeral) doom metal sub-genre for me, just hope that there will be (even more) growls in the mix.
Cold, apocalyptic atmosphere with some calm ambient / acoustic parts is reminiscent of "Human Antithesis".. I could listen to this forever.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 am 

Just found out there's a new Night Flight Orchestra June 29! Sounds amazing, as usual.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:46 am 

Fun song ^

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm 

The new Marduk track sounds more in keeping with what I was expecting. Vocals are vicious and it sounds sufficiently Marduk-ian. The first track I think will be better in the context of the album rather than a stand alone track.

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 am 

Here's something I stumbled upon on Bandcamp: a sci-fi theme tech death band called The Beast of Nod releasing an album pretty soon. Sounds intriguing, what do you all think?

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 am 

Italian doomsters Black Oath announce new album "Behold the Abyss" for November 2018 on High Roller Records. Click for facebook announcement.

Teaser video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TthNHP3sU&feature=youtu.be

Not a lot to go on in the teaser, but what is there is good.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:11 am 

https://www.gmrmusic.se/product-page/ta ... -pre-order

New Tad Morose, Chapter X, in June or so. Their last one was actually pretty fucking cool, so I am looking forward to this. Cool cover art and track names also go a long way.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:36 am 

Soulseller Records is going to release an awesome album by a Norwegian Black Metal group called Ováte, featuring members of Gorgoroth and Taake!

https://soulsellerrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... il-ein-orm

Some of the best stuff I've heard this year! :D

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:16 am 

Another new Shylmagoghnar track released. These two singles make me feel as if this could honestly be the album of the year. This is going to be one hell of a focused record.

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2018/05 ... e-to-pass/

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 am 

Brimstone Coven released the first song from their upcoming album, What Was and What Shall Be, to be released on July 21st. I dig it.

Brimstone Coven - The Chosen Ones

Brimstone Coven are stoner/doom/hard rock in the vein of bands like Witchcraft, Blood Ceremony, Burning Saviours, etc. Their last album, 2016's Black Magic, was great Sabbath worship. Apparently not metal enough for the archives, but they are metal enough to have released their first two albums on Metal Blade. This next album (their third) appears to be self released though.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:45 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Brimstone Coven released the first song from their upcoming album, What Was and What Shall Be, to be released on July 21st. I dig it.

Brimstone Coven - The Chosen Ones

Brimstone Coven are stoner/doom/hard rock in the vein of bands like Witchcraft, Blood Ceremony, Burning Saviours, etc. Their last album, 2016's Black Magic, was great Sabbath worship. Apparently not metal enough for the archives, but they are metal enough to have released their first two albums on Metal Blade. This next album (their third) appears to be self released though.

I'm not an insider by any means but my theory is they either had a limited contract with Metal Blade or were dropped when their singer left the band. Considering how their old singer's band Necromancing the Stone is on the Archives and still listed with Metal Blade...

They're really pulling off the trio format though. Their bassist/singer is also the main guy in Ironflame and just joined Icarus Witch so I have a lot of confidence in him.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 pm 

New Tad Morose song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41kmi5M ... e=youtu.be

Something quite cool and epic about it. The vocals in the chorus are kind of weird, but they're really getting into a groove with this new lineup with some sweet riffs and powerful drumming. Bit more ambitious songwriting than the last two so far, too. I hope the album is good.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
New Tad Morose song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41kmi5M ... e=youtu.be

Something quite cool and epic about it. The vocals in the chorus are kind of weird, but they're really getting into a groove with this new lineup with some sweet riffs and powerful drumming. Bit more ambitious songwriting than the last two so far, too. I hope the album is good.

The guitar riff at about 2:17 reminds me of a riff from Black Sabbath's Dirty Women. :-D

I'm not familiar with this band, but that was a pretty cool song.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm 

Check out their old albums with urban breed. Much more sophisticated and weird and epic... any of em are worth a spin.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm 

Oh man that Black Fast song is fantastic. Had to go back and get their past albums. Can't wait for the release!

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:13 pm 

Another new Tomb Mold song + an interview:

https://www.cvltnation.com/cvlt-nation- ... od-mirror/

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm 

Opus wrote:
Just found out there's a new Night Flight Orchestra June 29! Sounds amazing, as usual.

holy shit, another one?!

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 am 

PvtNinjer wrote:
Opus wrote:

holy shit, another one?!

It feels like the last one just came out a couple months ago. I don't know how they're going to top that one btw. I still love that album.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:05 pm 

Never gave a spin to this band. I should do so though as everyone is praising this band.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

GanoesParan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:37 pm 

Eternal Lies is releasing a second album 16 years after their debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uF4tg2 ... e=youtu.be

It's releasing in a few days and I'm hoping for good things, I am a big fan of Spiritual Deception.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 am 

Zmey Gorynich - Mother Russia (June 22)

Nothing from this album has been released yet (from what I can gather), but if it's anything like the EP, I think you're going to be in for a wild, hilarious, and confusing ride.

Seriously, check out the EP. The deathcore and the folk music blend oddly well together. https://zmeygorynich.bandcamp.com/

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MeatWolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 am 

Confirmed stuff anticipated by me for 2018 or close to that (although probably at least some bands won't make it):

Agrypnie – a new full-length and another album with demo re-recordings and some other bonus stuff
Andromida – hope the guy solves his gf issues *coughs*
Arion – the album is already done but the silence starts to worry me
Atoma – not sure what to expect from Ehsan after the repeated studio robbery but he covered at least some costs with the cf so
Disarmonia Mundi – announced out of the blue for this year though it's still hard to believe they will make it done
Finsterforst – probably the album I set the most hope on, the previous was a colossal symphonic masterpiece
Illidiance
Matt Guillory
Mechina – starting the works on the new album in June so probably 2019. And I’m quite confused about the future material now upon hearing the Compendium atrocity
Omnium Gatherum – I wonder for how long Markus can keep it up writing for 2 top level bands
Soilwork – judging by the description, should be something in the vein of the recent three which is excellent
Wolfheart - a shitton of black metal in the previews didn't sound quite promising but let's see

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:44 pm 

If these happen, but I'm not holding my breath. Everything else I was anticipating has come out. (YOB, Urfaust, Old Tower, Thy Catafalque, Almyrkvi etc). I'm probably the only person on this board hyped for Drake and Kanye West to drop their albums in June.

Darkspace - III II
Mgla - TBA
Sculptured - The Liminal Phase
Spectral Lore - IV
Sunn O))) - TBA

There have been a lot of nice surprises, like Sleep, Elysian Blaze and Altar of Perversion. SLEEP is still the highlight of the year for me.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:58 am 

MeatWolf wrote:
Omnium Gatherum – I wonder for how long Markus can keep it up writing for 2 top level bands

I hope the single Blade Reflections from last year is not the answer to your question. Grey Heavens and Winter's Gate were both fantastic.

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 am 

Definitely waiting for Paradox's Heresy II to be released this year of maybe next year.

MeatWolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:33 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
MeatWolf wrote:

I hope the single Blade Reflections from last year is not the answer to your question. Grey Heavens and Winter's Gate were both fantastic.

Blade Reflections is a Grey Heavens b-side. I can definitely see why it didn't end up on the album but it's not a hint oа the future material.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:46 pm 

Just popping in to say I can't wait for the new Hoth album. And Hellripper EP??

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 pm 

Blade Reflections - yeah, I read somewhere that the song is no indication of future material as it was just a one off, or a b-side like someone mentioned earlier. I love the band and really hope the new album is better than Gray Heavens and more in tune with New World Shadows. The former only had 3 great songs (possibly 4) while the latter was stellar from start to finish.

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 pm 

Pretty excited for the new Manticora album.

MeatWolf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:17 am 

At first I was quite frustrated with Grey Heavens as well since it showed no signs of lofty brilliance of NWS / Beyond but then I actually began to seriously appreciate Grey Heavens for what it is. It's a different album but it has its own perfectly crafted mood.

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:16 am 

ChildClownOutlet wrote:
Pretty excited for the new Manticora album.

Same here. It seems that they came with huge stuff this time, as they plan to release two concept-albums from a story written by one of the members. I'm definitely gonna check that out.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:55 pm 

New The Skull (ex-Trouble members), called The Endless Road Turns Dark, due in the fall.

Blabbermouth article

Stream a song preview here

The song snippet sounds pretty cool. The guitars are dark and heavy.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next