Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:40 am 

Quote:
"Room Of Nightmares", the new video from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, can be seen below. The song is taken from the band's upcoming tenth full-length album, "Grimmest Hits", which will be released January 19, 2018 via Entertainment One (eOne).

The "Room Of Nightmares" video was directed by BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's longtime collaborator Justin Reich. The song is available on all digital service providers and streaming services. It is also an iTunes instant-gratification track, meaning fans who pre order the album on iTunes will receive "Room Of Nightmares" as an instant download.

"Grimmest Hits" track listing:

01. Trampled Down Below
02. Seasons Of Falter
03. The Betrayal
04. All That Once Shined
05. The Only Words
06. Room Of Nightmares
07. A Love Unreal
08. Disbelief
09. The Day That Heaven Had Gone Away
10. Illusions Of Peace
11. Bury Your Sorrow
12. Nothing Left To Say

In an interview with Full Metal Jackie, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY leader Zakk Wylde, who rejoined Ozzy Osbourne's solo band earlier in the year, stated about BLS's upcoming activities: "In between the breaks and in between my nail appointments, the shaving of my legs, we've actually made another BLACK LABEL album. So that'll be coming out in the New Year. We gotta pick our spots where we want to put records in there. So the whole thing is, we were in The Black Vatican [Zakk's home studio], we made another album so that'll be coming out in the New Year and then the BLACK LABEL armada will start rolling in the New Year."

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's latest studio album, "Catacombs Of The Black Vatican", sold around 26,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Catacombs Of The Black Vatican" was released in Europe on April 7, 2014 via Mascot Label Group and one day later in North America through eOne Music.

Prior to the release of "Catacombs Of The Black Vatican", BLACK LABEL SOCIETY amicably parted ways with longtime guitarist Nick Catanese and replaced him with Dario Lorina (LIZZY BORDEN).

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY is:

Zakk Wylde - Vocals/Guitar
John DeServio - Bass
Dario Lorina - Guitar
Jeff Fabb - Drums

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black- ... vYdkHtA.99

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 am 

When your music is so incredibly bland that you have to rely on videoclip gimmicks to divert attention. What a worthless, pedestrian rock song. I mean, the main riff is not half bad, but they do precisely nothing with it for 3 minutes. I'll pass.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 am 

Well, there isn't as much pitch harmonic abuse and the vocals have less of that fake Ozzy processing on them but the actual composition is pretty phoned in. I'll have to see how this is in context since "My Dying Time" was a pretty weak single choice but Catacombs of the Black Vatican was a decent enough album. At any rate, this feels like one step forward, two steps back...

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

New single:

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm 

Again, the video is amusing, but the music is bland. At least they have a clever art director.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm 

Fuck this band; one of the lamest and most cookie-cutter groups in the genre. Having said that though it's no wonder people eat them up.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm 

I saw them live once and it was the second most boring show I've been to after Mastodon. Their worst quality is that they are bad in a way that isn't interesting or fun to tear apart. Like you said: lame. Black Label Society is for pre-teens who want to rebel against their dads for trying to make them like the Allman Brothers Band.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:50 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I saw them live once and it was the second most boring show I've been to after Mastodon. Their worst quality is that they are bad in a way that isn't interesting or fun to tear apart. Like you said: lame. Black Label Society is for pre-teens who want to rebel against their dads for trying to make them like the Allman Brothers Band.

When I saw Judas Priest for the first time, BLS was the 2nd opener after Thin Lizzy. Needless to say, I stepped out into the hallway during their set.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 pm 

I remember in 2000, buying "Stronger Than Death" on the merit that it was "Ozzy's guitar player". I never could handle Zakk's "underbite rock" voice.

Yeah, this is gonna be a 'no' for me, dog.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 pm 

Metal_Jaw wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

When I saw Judas Priest for the first time, BLS was the 2nd opener after Thin Lizzy. Needless to say, I stepped out into the hallway during their set.

I've seen Thin Lizzy live and they rocked out with their cocks out. A twin guitar assault. They were HEAVY. BLS wasn't at that event, but I can only imagine disappointment going from that to... this.

Reply to topic