Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:30 am 

I quite liked the last album since it was a bit more straightforward with the death metal influences, but the band suffered another change of guitarist. I still don't think they have quite managed to top "What Hell Is About" but they still can have a few decent songs each album.

1. Tenebra
2. Inner Sun
3. The Legacy of Ares
4. Stone Ocean
5. The Infinite Chase
6. The Grand Emptiness
7. Lost Gravity
8. Fire Dies
9. Phoenix et Corvus
10. Vantablack
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 am 

I agree pretty much 100% with Diamhea, "What Hell Is About" is still untopped. I did like the last one a fair bit, maybe it's even second-best of their catalogue. Some really solid groove on it, but not just that. I also noticed that they changed the drummer, which sucks as well, their previous one definitely had a significant presence.
I'll be checking Black Nova out for sure, but I'll remain cautious.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 pm 

You could take the logo off that album art and I would still probably tell you it's a Dagoba album.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 am 

Indecency wrote:
You could take the logo off that album art and I would still probably tell you it's a Dagoba album.

Yes, but anyway I like it.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:40 am 

even though I've never listened to Dagoba, this cover art makes me to correct that

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:22 am 

Bumping this thread because I've listened to the album and I don't even know whether it's good or not. It feels a bit more adventurous, more samples, more melodic elements, also more metalcore bits involved... but I just can't tell whether I like it - "Vantablack" and "Fire Dies" seemed very good to me. Any thoughts?
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
Bumping this thread because I've listened to the album and I don't even know whether it's good or not. It feels a bit more adventurous, more samples, more melodic elements, also more metalcore bits involved... but I just can't tell whether I like it - "Vantablack" and "Fire Dies" seemed very good to me. Any thoughts?

Finally listened to this. It isn't as good as the last one but it is definitely passable. The new drummer is a slight step down and the production feels a bit too smoothed out. Some meaty chords on "Lost Gravity" and I liked the cleans on "Stone Ocean." I enjoyed the samples on this one, they weren't too overbearing.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic