Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm 

Wow, just wow. That would be, what, the fifth thread that gets nuked so far? But noooo, no retaliatory censorship at all - anyone who dares to claim that is a faggot whiner, or whatever the most popular insult on that board is :lol:

This is why I sometimes read the NWN forum to keep up with niche releases and represses, but never bothered to register even though several musicians whose work I happen to be a fan of all post there for some inexplicable reason, and even so, you often have to wade through pages of retardation to find valuable info.
I actually lost more respect for NWN due to this behavior rather than falling for Blake's bait even though a goddamn daltonic could spot red flags all over the landscape without even squinting.
Nevertheless, shit can happen to anyone, and there's unquestionable truth about good intentions paving the road to hell. But dealing with it with such dismissive, stuck-up and bully-like behavior is a choice, and one I don't appreciate one bit.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:31 pm 

why was the latest one nuked? was it the $18k comment?

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:04 pm 

downthesun wrote:
Bingewolf wrote:
And YK nuked the thread...

wtf i cant believe he did that again.....

people need to move to posting here.

that isn't the answer either. hahahah

A small private subreddit is probably the best all around solution.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
why was the latest one nuked? was it the $18k comment?

It's 'because he got sick of being reminded of his mistake'. Really ridiculous behavior to delete yet another thread, but I suppose discussing Blasphemy pictures ('wow, look, another picture where these guys pose in a graveyard wearing sunglasses, let's make a patch and a flag and a diehard and a tape and a belt buckle out of that!') is much more interesting and relevant.

Just signed up here after noticing the thread was gone.

Anyone else think that the whole story regarding those records that supposedly 'came back from the pressing plant a month early' seems like an exit scam? The sleeve of the 'An Ancient Starry Sky' seriously looks like it was put together by a retarded six-year-old in MS Paint, but the limitation number of 250 copies is visibly printed on the back of the cover (albeit misplaced, did no one notice or do they simply not care?) Seems to me like they had to figure out a way to get out as many copies as they can a.s.a.p. before pulling the plug so they compromised on quality even more. Just look at this fucking abomination: https://ascensionmonuments.bigcartel.co ... atefold-lp

'What we can promise you is that these are top quality vinyl releases. No questions asked. You'll get your moneys worth.'
'There are now very, very few of ALL of the Judas Iscariot LPs on AMM, and they're of the highest quality. Do not miss your chance to own these now.'

And that at a very reasonable US$ 35, what a score!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:16 pm 

I think we're just fine without the NWN dwellers migrating here en masse.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm 

Yes, please. Besides, most of the hardcore NWN guys that have came over here inevitably get banned for being unlikable douchebags.

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:25 pm 

https://www.reddit.com/r/blakecrush/

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:27 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Yes, please. Besides, most of the hardcore NWN guys that have came over here inevitably get banned for being unlikable douchebags.

Plus they say we are butthurt ex NWN! posters that post on this forum. Funny I never once posted there and I’m sure I’ll get banned asking YK about why not out the cd version out at the sametime with the vinyl and tape when they release a new album. He gets into bitchy mood swings when someone does inquire about it. Hell thinking about it, YK seems to get butthurt easily especially if you don’t like the whole Sabbat collection.

Last edited by Steve Nebraska on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theconquerorwurm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 pm 

It's YK's prerogative to nuke threads if he wants to. It sucks that all the valuable information from those threads is gone, but honestly if you have a shred of interest or integrity, I would hope you're already not ordering from these morons, given the info readily available online (here, discogs, etc.). The fact that there still seem to be people buying these overpriced ($35??!?) LPs and somehow defending AMM, or worse- being apathetic, is truly incredible.

This label is run by lying conniving scum.

Usurp Athor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
Plus they say we are butthurt ex posters that post over here..

And? What do they expect, if you ban users on a weekly basis for very dubious reasons, that they just vaporize into nothingness? That would be a pretty short-sighted and somewhat arrogant way of thinking.

Someone made a topic here, and over there discussion was not possible. Quite logical what happens next.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm 

You would think a board that is so into worshipping nazis would love the fact that they're covering up misdeeds and under complete totalitarian control.

Dimrill
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 pm 

theconquerorwurm wrote:
It sucks that all the valuable information from those threads is gone,

Not quite. I've been saving each page discussing the subject since the 3rd thread was killed. I've only just woke up so missed from page 38 onwards of the latest thread.

Fill yer boots: https://www38.zippyshare.com/v/X2tXZREX/file.html

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:33 pm 

It's disappointing. The issue at hand is important as Blake Judd is still out there selling this scam and NWN is one of the higher trafficked places for the underground online. I get being embarrassed but I feel that info is relevant to the board. It is his board, so he's free to do whatever he wants...

narsilianshard wrote:
You would think a board that is so into worshipping nazis would love the fact that they're covering up misdeeds and under complete totalitarian control.

It is crazy how many openly NS people are on that board... Don't get me wrong, I like NWN and I've discovered a lot of great music through the board and YK's own releases... but it is weird to me how it's totally accepted over there.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 am 

Best NWN releases are all reissues (or vinyl versions) of other label's work (or demos). Sarcofago, Master's Hammer, Black Witchery, Toxic Holocaust, Abigail, Blasphemy, Sabbat, Goatlord, Sadistik Exekution, Nifelheim, Order From Chaos, Root, Metalucifer, Conqueror, Demoncy, Carpathian Forest, Mystifier, Varathron etc etc. Compare the label's output to say the output of what I consider two (active) benchmark labels in Iron Pegasus and Northern Heritage - you cannot compare in my view. Not even close. The label is more of a boutique 'Black on Black' and in many ways, the owner's attitude also seems to mirror the same consumerist attitude that PHD has. He took a punt on the JI reissues for the wrong reasons and got caught out.

Kladusha
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 am 

Finally registered to chime in..NWN forum has always been pretty retarted, informative but annoying nonetheless.
Like if you open it right now, the trending discussions are about the 10 most evil death metal bands, a poll on the best incantation's full length, a lot of "out now"-s and topics of people requesting forgotten nsbm demos.
I guess it's what Yosuke prefers nowadays, a placid and fully controlled underground "safe space". This is way I stopped lurking there and moved here, at least you can have different points of view without the topic being nuked mercilessly...

Usurp Athor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 am 

Everflowingstream wrote:
Best NWN releases are all reissues (or vinyl versions) of other label's work (or demos).

Very true.

About NWN worshiping NS: The guys behind the label surely don't, its just accepted because a lot of those records sell and are popular within their customers. This tolerance for certain labels & bands there is simply because of lucrative business relations and interdependence. They are not interested in politics or "ideals" at all, be them left or right.

And censorship would be more a trademark of Stalinism, by the way.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 am 

Everflowingstream wrote:
Best NWN releases are all reissues (or vinyl versions) of other label's work (or demos). Sarcofago, Master's Hammer, Black Witchery, Toxic Holocaust, Abigail, Blasphemy, Sabbat, Goatlord, Sadistik Exekution, Nifelheim, Order From Chaos, Root, Metalucifer, Conqueror, Demoncy, Carpathian Forest, Mystifier, Varathron etc etc. Compare the label's output to say the output of what I consider two (active) benchmark labels in Iron Pegasus and Northern Heritage - you cannot compare in my view. Not even close. The label is more of a boutique 'Black on Black' and in many ways, the owner's attitude also seems to mirror the same consumerist attitude that PHD has. He took a punt on the JI reissues for the wrong reasons and got caught out.

I can't say I fully agree with all this. Certainly, to a point.
1) a lot of that stuff vinyl was sadly missing and NWN (I am thankful) stepped up and filled the void on it
2) Iron Pegasus started mainly as a vinyl reissue label for Sabbat and a good 75% of their most important releases to date remain from those first few years batches of releases
1&2- both created the impetus for the "die heard" vinyl collectors item we have now overkill with among every label out there
3) Northern Heritage certainly although a little bit of that, certainly far less than NWN or Iron Pegasus; but perhaps 3 or 4 of their best and most important releases are . Also, Mikkos changing attitudes over the last 20 years on limitations, represses, format exclusions, resale for profit, etc.... All leave a lot to be desired when setting any sort of benchmark for "consistent underground ethos"

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 am 

You guys are certainly free to discuss what's going on over there in this thread, and of course we welcome anyone to our forum who loves and wants to talk about metal (and peripheral subjects or whatever in the places we have for such things). Just be aware that the line in the sand is that we don't want any forum vs. forum bullshit popping up with some back and forth or whatever that might result in trolling or vandalism (either here, or over there). Not accusing anyone here of doing that sort of thing, just making sure you guys know what's up. Carry on.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm 

Sonic_Titan wrote:
The sleeve of the 'An Ancient Starry Sky' seriously looks like it was put together by a retarded six-year-old in MS Paint, but the limitation number of 250 copies is visibly printed on the back of the cover (albeit misplaced, did no one notice or do they simply not care?) Seems to me like they had to figure out a way to get out as many copies as they can a.s.a.p. before pulling the plug so they compromised on quality even more. Just look at this fucking abomination: https://ascensionmonuments.bigcartel.co ... atefold-lp

'What we can promise you is that these are top quality vinyl releases. No questions asked. You'll get your moneys worth.'
'There are now very, very few of ALL of the Judas Iscariot LPs on AMM, and they're of the highest quality. Do not miss your chance to own these now.'

Holy hell, I had somehow missed this in the midst of all the ongoing turmoil :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm ready to bet whoever "designed" that "sleeve" just searched for "starry sky free stock photos" and slapped the first result on the cover. Then of course there's the aforementioned misaligned limitation number, the gorgeous puked orange juice hue of the record and the botched song titles (I can't recall if The Cold Earth Slept Below was ever shortened to just The Cold Breath or whether the ruin of Babylon was actually meant to be in plural form, but I'm positive that the Umlaut in "Hölle" is mandatory).

They're not even trying anymore. I swear I own bootlegs that are presented infinitely better that this piece of garbage.

On a more productive note, is any European distro going to carry the official cd version by Elegy Rex? So far the only copies I've seen in stock are either from Elegy itself or Red Stream, which means brutal postage rates plus dealing with Italian customs, both of which I'd very much rather avoid.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:29 pm 

why is the "250" outside the whitebox? who did the art layout on this turd?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
On a more productive note, is any European distro going to carry the official cd version by Elegy Rex? So far the only copies I've seen in stock are either from Elegy itself or Red Stream, which means brutal postage rates plus dealing with Italian customs, both of which I'd very much rather avoid.

merchant of death has it in stock.

PS: yes, the umlaut is actually mandatory. ;)
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Sonic_Titan wrote:
The sleeve of the 'An Ancient Starry Sky' seriously looks like it was put together by a retarded six-year-old in MS Paint, but the limitation number of 250 copies is visibly printed on the back of the cover (albeit misplaced, did no one notice or do they simply not care?) Seems to me like they had to figure out a way to get out as many copies as they can a.s.a.p. before pulling the plug so they compromised on quality even more. Just look at this fucking abomination: https://ascensionmonuments.bigcartel.co ... atefold-lp

Holy hell, I had somehow missed this in the midst of all the ongoing turmoil :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm ready to bet whoever "designed" that "sleeve" just searched for "starry sky free stock photos" and slapped the first result on the cover.

You're actually not that far off. It's this stock photo flipped horizontally with a possible filter applied to it.

See?
Spoiler: show

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:20 pm 

Well I'll be..

That's hilarious, excellent find! I enhanced the back cover, is it me or are the label credits totally illegible as well? Seriously can't read shit.. did anyone actually think this is even remotely acceptable or what? Or has it been made illegible on purpose so as not to give customers any ideas as to where to reclaim their 35 bucks? :lol:

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:04 pm 

I've designed better covers for my burnt CD's and fake bands.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm 

Looks like they didn't even bother to center the album title...

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:53 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
Everflowingstream wrote:

I can't say I fully agree with all this. Certainly, to a point.
1) a lot of that stuff vinyl was sadly missing and NWN (I am thankful) stepped up and filled the void on it
2) Iron Pegasus started mainly as a vinyl reissue label for Sabbat and a good 75% of their most important releases to date remain from those first few years batches of releases
1&2- both created the impetus for the "die heard" vinyl collectors item we have now overkill with among every label out there
3) Northern Heritage certainly although a little bit of that, certainly far less than NWN or Iron Pegasus; but perhaps 3 or 4 of their best and most important releases are . Also, Mikkos changing attitudes over the last 20 years on limitations, represses, format exclusions, resale for profit, etc.... All leave a lot to be desired when setting any sort of benchmark for "consistent underground ethos"

I agree with point 1. I'd submit IP took a risk when it reissued the Sabbat's first two albums in 99. There was no Sabbat hysteria as there was later (certainly was when Disembody and Fetishism were done in 03). And of course, IP released the Sabbat studio albums from 99 onwards. IP are the reason Sabbat got the exposure in the west IMO. Both IP and NH have released 'classic' material. Save for Ares Kingdom (who probably only got touched due to the OFC connection), I'd struggle to think of something on NWN that fits that bill.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
You guys are certainly free to discuss what's going on over there in this thread, and of course we welcome anyone to our forum who loves and wants to talk about metal (and peripheral subjects or whatever in the places we have for such things). Just be aware that the line in the sand is that we don't want any forum vs. forum bullshit popping up with some back and forth or whatever that might result in trolling or vandalism (either here, or over there). Not accusing anyone here of doing that sort of thing, just making sure you guys know what's up. Carry on.

Think the moderation of this thread has been great.

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 pm 

haaha the stock photo for the cover is hilarious and the credits are so fucking bad. maybe something was misaligned with the printer and thats why the credits are all fucked up and the /250 is off center of the white box. lol

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 pm 

Yeah, this should not turn into a NWN blast thread... I really do feel bad for YK for getting involved, especially when he had a bad history with Blake before.

The fact remains that this is all the Blake Judd/Jeff Wilson/Erika-Noel saga... This cover is just pathetic! The quality of what they are actually shipping is proof that this whole thing has been a scam all along. "Let's take a BM legend who has disappeared from the scene and repress his music as cheaply as possible without giving him a cent..." is what this screams. This is only a means to the next fix for the clowns involved.

true_death wrote:
Looks like they didn't even bother to center the album title...

Hard to stop right on the center when your hands are shaking.... :lol:

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:05 pm 

/r/blakecrush

Last edited by downthesun on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:38 pm 

Holy shit, a comedy goldmine! They're about to fire the owner / janitor / owner / janitor / whatever!

All of the JI vinyl bootlegs have been pulled from the AMM Bigcartel as well, by the looks of it. All sold out, or is it something else?

theconquerorwurm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm 

More lies, of course. They literally had the jackets printed themselves. That's been proven beyond a doubt. And they said that some European dude contacted them and claimed they were deadstock. Unreal. Isn't she fucking Blake?? How does that firing work.. these have got to be the dumbest people on the planet.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:00 pm 

On second thought, I wonder whether or not that's genuine. Not to dick around, but I can barely imagine anyone actually being dumb enough to attempt to save face by means of sending such a message. Easy enough to work some MS Paint magic.

The fact that I'm actually contemplating this should say enough. I wouldn't consider a similar screenshot to depict a trolling attempt 99.5% of the time but with these guys you just never know.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:30 pm 

Well we know for sure the sleeve isn't deadstock. The stock photo was taken Dec 2, 2017. :lol:

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:46 pm 

Even if there wasn't the blatant evidence that the sleeves were printed so recently, their story about being duped into buying those records makes no sense. When they originally announced the "deadstock" they said they received a handful of them in order to verify authenticity before ordering the whole lot. They could've easily verified the authenticity by comparing LP sleeves, and upon seeing the white border immediately known it wasn't legit. Not to mention the scratched out matrix codes.

And if that Discogs message is legit, then making the claim that this is all a vast conspiracy to discredit Blake Judd is even more bizarre because it assumes somebody puppet-mastered this whole debacle, going as far as printing a run of bootleg LPs in order to trick Blake Judd into buying and distributing them. The mind reels.

Sonic_Titan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 pm 

I'm willing to bet they printed and sold at least a hundred copies of 'Distant' simply because there is no way a regular pressing plant accepts lesser quantities (unless when going acetate/lathe cut, which is an entirely different story, not the case here though). Cock up some bullshit 'magically found deadstock from Sombre' story, sell each and every one of those at 35 bucks a pop et voila, there's an easy down payment for one of the next reissues. There is simply no way someone else took the trouble of funding a bootleg and pinning it on AMM by A. scratching out matrix numbers and B. tricking their print guy / former bandmate into printing a bunch of sleeves.

ViF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
Yeah, this should not turn into a NWN blast thread... I really do feel bad for YK for getting involved, especially when he had a bad history with Blake before.

i'm a firm believer that lessons are meant to be learned the hard way and apparently this guy doesn't learn.

i never understood all the hype behind Nachtmystium's music other than being popular due to BJ's ordeals.
you are already gods, without earthly desires. but one thing you want to know is that your own crash-dive is not in vain. regrettably, we will not be able to tell you the results. but i shall watch your efforts to the end and report your deeds to the throne

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 pm 

I feel like that post has to be fake... It's too on the nose. It's hilarious though and, if real, clearly drug induced.

That said, the Jeff Wilson MetalSucks thread is still hilarious to me. Guy claiming to be duped "just like NWN and Red Stream" when he made the fucking fake Sombre covers for the bootleg DISN LP. :lol:

The fact is, most likely, no one would've known they were lying about the reissues if they hadn't decided to boot that Sombre album. Blake had already convinced everyone involved behind the scenes that he was telling the truth, so much so that NWN, Red Stream and Elegy were all being supportive of the releases. And, once YK endorsed him, a lot of people seemed to welcome him back... and then he pulls all of this.

Sonic_Titan wrote:
I'm willing to bet they printed and sold at least a hundred copies of 'Distant' simply because there is no way a regular pressing plant accepts lesser quantities (unless when going acetate/lathe cut, which is an entirely different story, not the case here though). Cock up some bullshit 'magically found deadstock from Sombre' story, sell each and every one of those at 35 bucks a pop et voila, there's an easy down payment for one of the next reissues. There is simply no way someone else took the trouble of funding a bootleg and pinning it on AMM by A. scratching out matrix numbers and B. tricking their print guy / former bandmate into printing a bunch of sleeves.

100%. No one does pressings of that few vinyl. I've seen a rumor that they made as many as 250 of the fake Sombre LPs but, at the very least, they had to make 100.

HaisingRell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 pm 

On a more positive note, it seems that upon release of their FOURTEENTH different version (as per Discogs) of Leviathan’s First Sublevel compilation, AMM have at last released a CD version showing the correct track listing.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:14 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

merchant of death has it in stock.

PS: yes, the umlaut is actually mandatory. ;)

Cheers for the info; I hope it stays in stock until I get some cash, as the last couple of months have been anything but kind on my budget...

Derigin wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:
I'm ready to bet whoever "designed" that "sleeve" just searched for "starry sky free stock photos" and slapped the first result on the cover.

You're actually not that far off. It's this stock photo flipped horizontally with a possible filter applied to it.

See?
Spoiler: show

I don't even...
...fuck me...
*brain broken, please stand by*

Sonic_Titan wrote:

...and bang goes the gavel, no appeal. Seriously, there's no realistic way anything else could have happened.

I can't believe they're still trying to deny the whole DISN bootleg fiasco, more so by pulling once again the whole "everybody is mean to poor Blake and AMM; we did everything right and honest but the universe keeps crapping bad luck on our heads and hateful trolls do the rest" sob story card. Then again, considering that this whole story actually happened, I can't fault them too much for assuming that literally everyone else is retarded beyond belief.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next