Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 am 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
Wolvhammer have dropped off their tour with Abigail Williams.

Yosuke will carry the bootlegs. Of course. :lol:

Very predictable and lame response by him. He's not proceeding due to 'scene drama' (no word on the fact that the artist never consented to the releases nor any comment on the fact the artist has requested for them not to proceed). I hope he has burnt a bit of coin on this to be honest. Notwithstanding his background with Blake Judd, a half decent operator should have read the play some time back and would have made a statement stating, inter alia, not proceeding with this and apologising for opening the door to the riff raff. Instead, he's sitting back playing dumb on the whole thing and running the meek 'scene drama' line. One suspects he either had more to lose or gain than what is public knowledge. I guess him saying he is happy to carry the bootlegs confirms this. I wonder if he financed part of the pressings.

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:42 pm 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
Wolvhammer have dropped off their tour with Abigail Williams.

Yosuke will carry the bootlegs. Of course. :lol:

Wilson still plays with Abigail Williams, wolvhammer dropping off the tour likely has nothing to do with judd fallout. from what i can tell wilson's distanced himself from this whole thing completely. i wouldn't doubt if he'd been hoodwinked with everyone else.

curious that every 'prominent' figure who lauded him on his return and supposed effort to mend bridges has remained silent. curious that various outlets have remained silent as well.

CDexWard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:57 pm 

I followed this debacle for a while now and am kind of bummed out because I was really looking forward to these reissues. I do have all the available CDs so I am thinking about getting "Proclamations Of Intolerance" and "An Ancient Starry Sky" digitally from Bandcamp just to close the gaps in my collection. Did someone check the spectrogram of the FLAC version of those releases, yet? Are they also mastered from a lossy source?

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:53 pm 

You have to laugh at the cajones/guts/stupidity/drughigh to try to pull off the shit they've put on instagram and bigcartel today

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm 

Do you mean this CD that they're literally selling for $1,000? :lol: https://ascensionmonuments.bigcartel.co ... ication-cd

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 pm 

true_death wrote:
Do you mean this CD that they're literally selling for $1,000? :lol: https://ascensionmonuments.bigcartel.co ... ication-cd

Probably referring to the dozens of comments on a recent instagram post complaining about unfulfilled orders, unanswered emails, etc, which was met with another lengthy excuse about "trolls" and the fact that there are "literally thousands of you and only three of us," followed by them locking down the comments section and purging all the comments.

Edit: oh and this "statement" too

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Hey everyone - we have launched our new official online shop via Big Cartel! Its no secret that for the last month our Bandcamp store has been out of commission. Some of that is due to it needing to be closed for a while so we can get caught up on orders as we had six(!!) new releases land in a 3 1/2 week period, with over 1000 preorders to ship between all of them. We are STILL catching up on the tail-end of those and working diligently to get everything remaining out to you guys. Also, however, we have been extremely dissatisfied with Bandcamp's handling of some issues we've had with people / trolls fucking with us by bombing Bandcamps customer support with fabricated complaints, attempting to hack our store, interfering with our manufacturers with bogus phone calls and emails sighting totally fake / made up legal demands, etc. Its really gotten out of hand. We've come to the conclusion that we are going to regroup here under the Big Cartel system and see how this goes and try to move away from BC altogether as it feels like the best move for us and our customers. We have started to carry other titles besides just AMM titles (and we are now trading - interested labels get in touch

Obviously it's just jealous trolls that have a personal vendetta against the label, nothing else to see here, I think it's safe to say we can lock this thread and start ordering from their "official site" with confidence.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:25 pm 

Wait, didn’t Blake start a Big Cartel where he didn’t fulfill orders to the point that Century Media dropped the band and had to step in to fulfill everything Blake had screwed fans out of? - I’m sure THIS regroup is exactly what they need.

Regarding Jeff Wilson, he was always a junkie too. All of those guys were (Blake, Jeff, Charlie Fell, etc). It’s not a case of being hoodwinked, it’s a case of being a junkie who got some notoriety in the scene once upon a time.

asphaalanx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:54 am 

Bingewolf wrote:
Wait, didn’t Blake start a Big Cartel where he didn’t fulfill orders to the point that Century Media dropped the band and had to step in to fulfill everything Blake had screwed fans out of? - I’m sure THIS regroup is exactly what they need.

Regarding Jeff Wilson, he was always a junkie too. All of those guys were (Blake, Jeff, Charlie Fell, etc). It’s not a case of being hoodwinked, it’s a case of being a junkie who got some notoriety in the scene once upon a time.

Yep. That's what happened.

Charlie Fell at least admits having made mistakes. Plus he introduced Judd's head into a toilet (or something along those lines), so there's that.

TheNakedWhipper
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:33 pm 

blackmantram wrote:
Morn Of Solace wrote:
his records aged really badly

As far as I know Nachtmystium's legacy is very important for black metal, specially in the American scene (which is in my opinion pretty strong these days), i'd say that's far from bad aging.

I nearly pissed myself laughing at how off the mark you are on Nachtmystium and its effect on Black Metal. Clueless much?
Holy shit.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm 

nachtmystium are definitely more known these days for judd's judding than anything musical. even in their heyday, they were second fiddle to leviathan, xasthur and even wolves in the throne room. sure they had a century media deal, but that doesn't really mean shit in regards to usbm clout.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:38 pm 

Important? Hahaha! Only time they had a draw to their shows is when they were a supporting band for a bigger band. When nachtmystium played a headline show, they barely drew 30 people even after they got popular and decibel magazine kissing their ass. Important you say?

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 pm 

Obviously, I am no Blake fan... but, in fairness, there was a moment that Nachtmystium was on the verge of being a "big" band. He just kept fucking it up at every turn. There was a moment where it wasn't just Decibel kissing their ass. It was Pitchfork, Rolling Stone and others too. They were "edgy" and black metal was "popular" for have a second. After the 'Black Meddle' series, the wheels fell off though. They were supposed to do a big headlining tour with Jarboe in support for the next album, when Blake OD'd and cancelled everything. This was also around the time that Thurston Moore had joined Twilight - but Blake couldn't contribute to the record because he was strung out. Then, on came the swarm...

Also, good to see YK finally address the situation... It's obvious he is embarrassed by what happened. But, hopefully, this will be the last time we hear from Blake and co.

asphaalanx wrote:
Bingewolf wrote:

Yep. That's what happened.

Charlie Fell at least admits having made mistakes. Plus he introduced Judd's head into a toilet (or something along those lines), so there's that.

Would LOVE to hear this story!

Usurp Athor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 am 

Bingewolf wrote:
Also, good to see YK finally address the situation... It's obvious he is embarrassed by what happened. But, hopefully, this will be the last time we hear from Blake and co.

Nah, defensive YK is even worse. Especially since he now blames others ("Red Stream went along, so I thought it was fine?"). He doesn't understand that the damage was already done after he forgave BJ and stopped the "Crush Blake" movement on his forum. Now everyone knows what a spineless hypocrite he is.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:03 am 

Usurp Athor wrote:
Bingewolf wrote:

Nah, defensive YK is even worse. Especially since he now blames others ("Red Stream went along, so I thought it was fine?"). He doesn't understand that the damage was already done after he forgave BJ and stopped the "Crush Blake" movement on his forum. Now everyone knows what a spineless hypocrite he is.

Love how his buddy Ixtab was quick to chime in to call an "internet tough guy" the user that YK went all aggro upon for committing the ulktimate sin of pointing out that what happened was pretty damn stupid.

And yeah, Nachtmystium were gaining a pretty strong momentum around the mid 00s with records like Demise and Instinct Decay (both of which I still like - no tolerance for ripoff scum, but no butthurt revisionism from me either). They could have easily jumped to the next level with Black Meddle, but unfortunately that's when good ol' Blake started fucking up for real, and lo and behold, it's been downhill ever since.
So no, Nachtmystium never got the chance the become really important for the USBM underground. They had their prime but their mastermind pissed it all away.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:05 am 

He is constantly calling people such lovely names like scum, parasite, asshole, retard and bootlegging filth (certain he has wished death on some too), but looks to take the moral highground when it is submitted he is stupid and/or naive for getting involved in this stunt. Classic. Got better when YK chief fart sniffer IXTAB couldn't help but comment. Pity those two don't post on a board they don't control.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:21 am 

I know nachtmystium was getting more attention from other areas around the country and got a strong following. But to call them important to the black metal scene is just bullshit. You have countless other usbm bands that earn their dues and work hard and yet some are just mostly an after thought. Like I said, they barely drew people in Chicago when they headline their own show. Then again most of the people in the city knew how much of s junkie, con artist he was so he was no near a hometown hero.

As for YK goes. I understand him trying to be a nice guy and give people benefits of a doubt and what not but making all these excuses, when in fact bj yet got caught in a con he just went into isolation. YK deals with alot of fake people with his business and I get it can be frustrating at timed but calling people names isn’t going to change the outcome and also him ignoring people or him getting pissy when someone ask about a status update on an upcoming album release. YK here’s an idea. Why don’t you quit always giving a vinyl or tape treatment to new releases first then wait several months for the fucking cd to be released. Not everyone owns a record player or a tape player. Grave upheaval second album shouldn’t be taking this fucking long to be released on cd.

Ok sorry rant over. Thanks for reading.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:21 pm 

i mean, to be fair, what band was doing what they were doing on Instict when that album came out?

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm 

Yeah, I totally see your point regarding YK's response. It would've been better if he had actually laid out what happened, why he decided to give Blake a chance, etc. But, on the other hand, I completely understand his responses. He's embarrassed. He was the guy who created Blake Crush and then he was the guy to welcome him back into the underground. I'd be embarrassed too. But, that's the story for all who got involved in this. Red Stream, Elegy, people trusting Blake's "Andy told me I could release these back when we were waiting on our breakfast at Waffle House 12 years ago" story.

The whole thing is an embarrassment and fans who trusted the labels that vouched for it then lost money and wasted time. But, good to see YK finally addressed it, regardless.

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
asphaalanx wrote:

Charlie put Judd's head through a van window on tour.

Last.fm

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:48 pm 

I normally get bored with "sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll" nonsense but I'd totally read a Nachtmystium biography.

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 am 

More fuel to the fire!!!

This note was included in the AMMCD version of the Judas Iscariot 1993 demo. Haha, the failure never ends!

Yes it is.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 am 

"biased sites like Metal-Archives whom hate anything involving Blake Judd" nice to know websites are sentient and can hate people!

That's a super terrible, extremely pathetic email. Also, "in lew of cash". lmfao. It's in lieu, ya fucks.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:40 am 

Dear fucking god, it never ends.

This is literally drilling through the fucking bottom to keep sinking lower and lower.
We're witnessing history in the making, folks - the bar for catastrophic failure has been considerably raised.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:24 pm 

Journey to the Center of the Earth - AMM Edition.

Twilightkid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 pm 

**the above note**

can someone enlarge this or something? My old eyes and brand new glasses still can't read this...lol

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:45 pm 

Right click the image, click "open image in new tab" then use your browser's zoom function or simply download the image and use the zoom function in any image viewer.

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 pm 

never seen a group of people have such bad luck. crazy how they did nothing wrong and everything that did go wrong is everyone else's fault. just amazing. /s

edit:

i think the best part about that letter though is telling people that didn't know about their BS to go check out metal-archives to read about all their BS. hahaha

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm 

Epicureo wrote:
Journey to the Center of the Earth - AMM Edition.

It should be more: Journey in a Blake hole - AMM Edition

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 pm 

Blake Judd - the gift that keeps on giving!

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm 

...so.

Who from AMM is reading this haha?

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 pm 

Ascension Monuments Media wrote:
Pretty disappointing if you ask us, why Akhenaten decided to fabricate these detail, we'll never know, but the truth is out.

:scratch:

Yes! This is all Akhenaten's fault... Thank you AMM for uncovering this great untruth!

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE! If Akhenaten sent Blake all the items to support the releases (as Blake said), why don't they just ask him!? :lol:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am 

I swear, I never did hard drugs in my life and never felt the urge to try, but all this colossal fiasco motivated me to stay the hell away from that shit even more, and I'm not even kidding here. Aside from the obvious shenanigans, all these statements, mails, notes and what have you show a loss of grip on reality and fragmented thought processes which I'm finding genuinely disturbing.
Never want to see myself reduced to such a state, thank you very much.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:39 am 

Blake also posted this Facebook today:

asphaalanx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am 

Bingewolf wrote:

Here you go.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments ... nt/ckge6pr

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 am 

Spotted this in the comments here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/08/07/update-wolvhammer-announce-headlining-shows-and-new-guitarist/

Usurp Athor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:21 am 

18'000 bucks for Judas Iscariot LPs? How is that possible, are they made out of platinum?

If that's true, I really, really hope that money is lost for "underdog" YK. And people should really stop defending this implausible scumbag now. How can you support someone who will betray you anytime for money or "kult"?

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am 

Yeah, there really is no possible way one could spend $18K on a limited run of vinyl. My guess is that was Jeff trying to shift blame to others. His “poor me, I got duped too guys” excuse is pretty lame considering he made the fake Sombre jackets. As one of the comments said, what did he think they were for!? :lol:

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 am 

And YK nuked the thread...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am 

"You're all scum for even daring to insinuate that there was anything malignant about my intentions, so I'm going to put myself above responding to that." Classic, Taking that kind of strategy really suggests that he had the purest intentions, and really puts him in the clear in my book. What an awesome, stand up guy :wanker:

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:23 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
And YK nuked the thread...

wtf i cant believe he did that again.....

people need to move to posting here.

Last edited by downthesun on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next