Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 343918
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 am 

Wilytank wrote:
Everflowingstream wrote:
Konishi is a polesmoker.

Who's going to print this shirt?

If someone does, make sure to have a die-hard edition of it.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:45 am 

This has been edited but was over $12.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=avoid

......next minute doing business with Blake Judd. Do as I say, not as I do. Guess that's the mantra.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:02 pm 

I'm not surprised, but I was hoping these reissues were legit. At least the Leviathan material has all been solid.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am 

what more is there about this official JI video concerning the legitimacy of these re-issues?

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:37 am 

controlledbleeding wrote:
what more is there about this official JI video concerning the legitimacy of these re-issues?

Seen or heard nothing more.

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:55 am 

Frankly, I had no problem with the last JI thread at NWN being locked. First off, people were saying the same thing over and over again. The purpose of the thread was for NWN to disseminate info about the releases. Discussion of the legitimacy of the releases is obviously expected, but the thread ballooned to 36 pages. Second, there were a lot of people speculating and assuming, like the guy that said AMM was using 128kbps sources, when it turned out that wasn't the case at all. He just didn't realize that BandCamp only streams at 128 kbps.

As for YK wanting to gain scene points by being involved in a JI release, the argument goes to far. He runs one of the two biggest UG labels in the States and has the biggest UG metal forum. He's not some kid trying to make a name.

I understand you guys may have had bad experiences with him. I've done business with him, beyond online purchases, and the guy has been extremely generous in our dealings.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 pm 

Knucklehead wrote:
Frankly, I had no problem with the last JI thread at NWN being locked. First off, people were saying the same thing over and over again. The purpose of the thread was for NWN to disseminate info about the releases. Discussion of the legitimacy of the releases is obviously expected, but the thread ballooned to 36 pages. Second, there were a lot of people speculating and assuming, like the guy that said AMM was using 128kbps sources, when it turned out that wasn't the case at all. He just didn't realize that BandCamp only streams at 128 kbps.

As for YK wanting to gain scene points by being involved in a JI release, the argument goes to far. He runs one of the two biggest UG labels in the States and has the biggest UG metal forum. He's not some kid trying to make a name.

I understand you guys may have had bad experiences with him. I've done business with him, beyond online purchases, and the guy has been extremely generous in our dealings.

I agree that the thread did derailed bad after awhile. But the case AMM releasing their products in 128 kbps even on physical format is revolting. There are many statements by others who have horrible copies of twilight and many others that just sounds so flat. And it’s not bandcamp at all. If everyone has the same issues, is everyone just wrong and picking on poor AMM?

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:03 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

I agree that the thread did derailed bad after awhile. But the case AMM releasing their products in 128 kbps even on physical format is revolting. There are many statements by others who have horrible copies of twilight and many others that just sounds so flat. And it’s not bandcamp at all. If everyone has the same issues, is everyone just wrong and picking on poor AMM?

I can't speak to the Twilight record. FWIW, a spectrogram of "Ye Blessed Creatures" on The Cold Earth Slept Below posted in the NWN thread revealed that the master recording was not 128 kbps. (*shrugs*)

dmerritt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:02 pm 

LOC78SK wrote:
FirebathDan wrote:
Hysterical that the "separate the art from the artist" mantra that's flung about these parts to justify the proliferation of Nazism in metal is not applicable with this guy.

A great observation and great point.

I suppose for the sake of consistency it should be, but I don't see why Nazism is inherently more antithetical to the ethos of Black Metal than equalitarianism. In terms of mantras for Black Metal, 'Social Justice' works about as well as Christianity. Communism has a niche, but only for its totalitarianism and intolerance.

Funny, back in the day when I lived in Chicago I used to run into Blake at the old Metal Haven shop, where he used to work. After he left to focus on Nachtmystium, a mulatto kid who listened exclusively to NSBM took his place.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 am 

Knucklehead wrote:
I can't speak to the Twilight record. FWIW, a spectrogram of "Ye Blessed Creatures" on The Cold Earth Slept Below posted in the NWN thread revealed that the master recording was not 128 kbps. (*shrugs*)

I have already posted specs of Twilight albums edited by AAM in this thread and all of them were mp3. This specs are from the Monument to Twilight End 2xCD and my bet would be 256/320kbps.

Spoiler: show

This is the new Twilight EP, Trident Death Rattle. Obvious 128kbpps.

Spoiler: show

All of them downloaded from Bandcamp and/or copied from the CDs with a 100% log + cue. I can post photos of the CDs if you still don't believe me.

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:09 am 

k311250 wrote:
This specs are from the Monument to Twilight End 2xCD and my bet would be 256/320kbps.
This is the new Twilight EP, Trident Death Rattle. Obvious 128kbpps.

Well, that's shitty. There's absolutely no excuse for that kind of garbage.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 am 

Knucklehead wrote:

https://imgur.com/U73iiAt

this image, assuming it is what you refer to (hard to tell, since this image is from "Damned Below Judas") shows quite clearly that the source for Cold Earth is certainly not a lossless original master recording. it is from something compressed and transformed into psychoacoustics and reconverted back into audio. that image/spectrogram was made from the FLAC file on the AMM bandcamp page. Whether it was 128, 256, 280, 295, we can't say for sure. We can however conclude that no respectable person pushing legitimate reissues that is in contact (was) with the band would use files like this . This is what you make a release from when you download mp3s off soulseek and use them as your source. It's the same reason the DiSN bootleg (ignoring the bootleg issue itself) is so pitiful. The center labels are upconverted cell phone pix that are off center; the jacket front art is from a scan that was saved at jpeg quality 5 and upscaled to 2x its size after having a poor photoshop black/white contrast filter applied to remove the scan artifacts. I mean (again, ignoring the bootleg aspect) -- it's simply low quality, and lazy, period.

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:51 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

https://imgur.com/U73iiAt

this image, assuming it is what you refer to (hard to tell, since this image is from "Damned Below Judas") shows quite clearly that the source for Cold Earth is certainly not a lossless original master recording.

The spectrogram of “Ye Blessed Creature” is on the same page as the one for “Damned Below Judas”. I missed the latter until going back to reread the NWN thread. Anyway, the spectrogram for YBC reveals higher frequency ranges, suggesting two possibilities: (1) one of the people that ran the analysis did it wrong; or, (2) AMM pulled two different rips, of different quality, off of Soulseek or someplace similar. I didn’t know about the Twilight issues. Setting aside the various issues of bootlegging, over-extended preorders, and the recent history of certain members, I’m rapidly losing interest in these reissues.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:12 pm 

Knucklehead wrote:
The spectrogram of “Ye Blessed Creature” is on the same page as the one for “Damned Below Judas”. I missed the latter until going back to reread the NWN thread. Anyway, the spectrogram for YBC reveals higher frequency ranges, suggesting two possibilities: (1) one of the people that ran the analysis did it wrong; or, (2) AMM pulled two different rips, of different quality, off of Soulseek or someplace similar. I didn’t know about the Twilight issues. Setting aside the various issues of bootlegging, over-extended preorders, and the recent history of certain members, I’m rapidly losing interest in these reissues.

there's no scale or axis markings on the "YBC" images, it's just a visual eye to eye comparison. It's useless for anything to be determined quantitatively. It's just an image, not a spectrogram when it is missing that information. I have ZERO clue how you can claim it shows higher frequencies with any certainty absent proper context that such proper plotting would show.

I can assure you the one for "DBJ" was made correctly. I also think it's hilarious you're doubting the legitimacy of output from a company whose product is world renowned for numeric computing, signal analysis/processing, etc. Would you like the output from Spek to go with it?

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
I can assure you the one for "DBJ" was made correctly.

Do you also go by SlevinKelevra?

Quote:
I also think it's hilarious you're doubting the legitimacy of output from a company whose product is world renowned for numeric computing, signal analysis/processing, etc. Would you like the output from Spek to go with it?

Nice straw man there, Chief.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 pm 

Knucklehead wrote:
Leader_OCola wrote:
I can assure you the one for "DBJ" was made correctly.

Do you also go by SlevinKelevra?

Quote:
I also think it's hilarious you're doubting the legitimacy of output from a company whose product is world renowned for numeric computing, signal analysis/processing, etc. Would you like the output from Spek to go with it?

Nice straw man there, Chief.

1) nope, just another interested party who spent about 3 minutes and validated/confirmed his (her?, who cares?) work in 4 different programs. Seriously, it took about 3 minutes. What's your excuse?

2) If you don't know what Matlab is or that its beyond reliable and basically idiot-proof, then I don't know what to tell you other than you shouldn't be in threads discussion its output.

Cute that you didn't respond to anything else I addressed either.

Still stand by interpreting a "spectrogram" that has no axes?

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 pm 

Again, with the straw man.

Please re-read what I wrote — I’m not vouching for AMM, despite how badly you want me to be. You have one data point, which is one song. You now claim that you yourself actually ran the analysis. Fine. (The reason I asked is because a similar result has been posted elsewhere by someone else). That data point alone establishes that AMM didn’t use a losssless master. That is obvious. It leaves open the question what the sources were for the remaining tracks, although we can assume none of the releases, with the exception of An Ancient Starry Sky, are lossless.

Again, enough with the straw man. Think better, son.

MoribundRecords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:45 pm 

A bit of privileged information for the JI fanatics and Blake Crushers... Akhenaten is absolutely livid- he does not have a personal relationship with Blake nor has he given AMM permission for these releases. Not sure that Akhenaten will indeed post a video, however he is fully aware of Judd's con and has apparently made his intense displeasure known to him and a select few entangled in this nightmare.

This is not an official statement, but should be noted for the sake of posterity :nono:

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:24 am 

Even without the quality issues and his past, someone who sells and markets a product as deadstock of a defunct label when in fact it is evidently clear it is a bootleg he has manufactured, must be avoided.

You cannot defend that behaviour.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:00 am 

Word. The Distant in Solitary Night fiasco is where literally everyone should draw the line. Shameless and lazy bootlegging, with total shit quality concerning both sound and presentation, and a cock-and-bull false backstory involving a defunct label run by a deceased individual who obviously could not speak up nor act against it.
I can't see Akhenaten posting videos, but I certainly hope he releases a statement to expose all this charade. Involved labels like Moribund and No Colours would do well to to the same, IMHO.

I wish all of this had occurred before I placed my order from the Twilight bandcamp. By the way, what about the Ancient Starry Sky cd released by Elegy Rex? Any info on the source material for that one?
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am 

Everflowingstream wrote:
Even without the quality issues and his past, someone who sells and markets a product as deadstock of a defunct label when in fact it is evidently clear it is a bootleg he has manufactured, must be avoided.

The backstory is what's mindblowing to me that people will fall for. It went from 'we found some deadstock' to 'we have official reissues!'

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:39 pm 

MoribundRecords wrote:
A bit of privileged information for the JI fanatics and Blake Crushers... Akhenaten is absolutely livid- he does not have a personal relationship with Blake nor has he given AMM permission for these releases. Not sure that Akhenaten will indeed post a video, however he is fully aware of Judd's con and has apparently made his intense displeasure known to him and a select few entangled in this nightmare.

This is not an official statement, but should be noted for the sake of posterity :nono:

Thank you! I know you personally had a better relationship with Andrew over the years and I would totally take your word on the status of his disgust over Blake scams over anyone else “I know Blake and Andy are buddies again they were sharing burgers at kumas corner together and he gave Blake the green light to reissue out his material.” I would still like to hear or read a statement from Andrew himself but til or if that day comes, I’ll just take your word.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:34 pm 

Looks like it's all been confirmed on the NWN board. Everyone lied to. Makes you wonder how much YK knew and why he'd compromise his label's credibility for the sake of this.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 pm 

Everflowingstream wrote:
Looks like it's all been confirmed on the NWN board. Everyone lied to. Makes you wonder how much YK knew and why he'd compromise his label's credibility for the sake of this.

considering that he just closed yet another thread....

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:49 pm 

Auch wrote:
Everflowingstream wrote:

The backstory is what's mindblowing to me that people will fall for. It went from 'we found some deadstock' to 'we have official reissues!'

I hate Blake and this fiasco as much as anyone (if not more) but that was never the backstory. Not the way you just presented it.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:16 pm 

I thought that's what it was. I distinctly remember reading that a fan had like 38 vinyls on deadstock but maybe I mixed up the releases. Can you clarify?

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:19 pm 

Auch wrote:
I thought that's what it was. I distinctly remember reading that a fan had like 38 vinyls on deadstock but maybe I mixed up the releases. Can you clarify?

the story was they found a german with dead stock of sombre records pressing. they "verified" they were authenticate after receiving 10 of them and bought the rest.

i bought one and then was comparing their pics to the pics on discogs of the real one and then started questioning them about it. they continued telling me it was real then i mentioned the differences and they apologized that they were wrong and were now trying to get back in contact with the german guy and he was ignoring their emails.

i requested a refund on that. they claimed they sent an email out to all of their customers through bandcamp. i never got the email, so i questioned them again, they claimed i hadn't gotten it due to be being refunded(which i believe is BS).

they never said anything about DiSN being a reissue or repress or anything, they stuck to their story that they bought it from a german and that story has not changed at all.

downthesun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:22 pm 

Also, here is the email they claimed to have sent out to all people the purchased it on bandcamp. i only received it directly from them after questioning why i hadn't received it. i don't think everyone got this email, i imagine only the people that were questioning the authenticity of the record got this email after directly asking them for it.

___________Hi everyone –

If you are receiving this email, it means that you either have purchased or are interested in purchasing a copy of the distributed title that we stocked recently from Judas Iscariot's "Distant in Solitary Night" album on vinyl. This LP was advertised on our website as a Sombre Records pressing, which is what the product had been presented to AMM as. We are reaching out to inform our customers that upon inspection after their arrival, it has been determined that these are an unofficial (aka "bootleg”) pressing.

We had received an email from an individual in Germany awhile after we had begun corresponding with numerous labels, stores, artists and individuals around the world regarding our upcoming Judas Iscariot releases. He claimed he used to work with the now-deceased Sombre Records owner, Marcel Spaller, during the early days of the label & had remained personal friends. Names, dates, events and details were mentioned that seemed to further validate their credentials as truth. Before purchasing, we were sent photos of the 38 LP’s that were being offered, one photo of all the LP’s to prove quantity (spine side out in a shelf) & one photo showing a paper with the date hand written on it & some records laid out overlapped, showing the hand-numbered backs (face down). With our skepticism eased & excitement overshadowing any remaining doubts, the trigger was pulled on purchasing the records. We did not receive a wholesale, label or bulk deal & AMM paid the cost of shipping all of them from Germany to the US.

It was decided that these LP’s would only be sold via Bandcamp as a way to show appreciation to AMM supporters & dedicated JI fans instead of appearing greedy by putting them on eBay or Discogs in order to fetch a higher asking price like we could have. A photo of the LPs were posted to the AMM Bandcamp page after we had confirmation via tracking information that they had made it out of Germany & were on their way to us, but before we had actually seen them in person. The picture posted onto the AMM social media pages after the records arrived led to some questions regarding the record’s authenticity. A few dedicated fans lucky enough to own the original Sombre pressing (we had no way to compare it to an original) noticed that there seemed to be some slight variations between the original version & the version we received. We immediately did our homework & were unfortunately able to determine that the copies we had received were bootlegs. We have attempted to make contact with the seller with no luck thus far.

The LP’s we have do indeed have the “Sombre Records” logo on the back cover. They appear to be hand-numbered ( # / 100). They come in very thick black jackets. The vinyl is 180 gram plain black vinyl (a dead giveaway to us that something was amiss). As audiophiles, at least we can report that the records honestly sound great.

At the end of the day, we are all huge fans here at AMM. We don’t own original copies & maybe never will, so this LP is welcomed in our collections. Due to the fact that they don’t look, sound or feel like an offensively cheap knock-off, we do not regret buying these at all. We had the best intentions when we made these available to all of you. We do regret that we had misinformed our customers & the JI fanbase; it was not our intention to deceive anyone. For that misunderstanding, we sincerely apologize.

With all of that out in the open, we’ve halted shipping on ALL copies until we hear back from each customer that has ordered. We will refund your order if you request to do so via emailing back to this email. If you would like to receive your copy or purchase a copy (as I now have some available due to cancellations), then please send a reply back to this email. We are throwing in some awesome JI & AMM merch as our way of showing our apologies for any misunderstandings that may have occurred & to show our appreciation to those getting a copy.

On behalf of the AMM staff,

Erikah

Co-owner/ customer service & media manage

PS - if you're one of those people who has a copy already on its way to you that you wish to return, you may return it for a full refund & we'll cover the postage. Email us here.

_________

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:38 pm 

Auch wrote:

it was advertised as deadstock, it was sold as deadstock, it was refunded as "we got conned too". but it was never advertised as an "official reissue"

again, that doesn't excuse the fact they seem to have intentionally and wilfully defrauded customers. I just don't want inaccuracies piling up. Leave those to Blake/Erica to generate.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:50 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
Auch wrote:

it was advertised as deadstock, it was sold as deadstock, it was refunded as "we got conned too". but it was never advertised as an "official reissue"

again, that doesn't excuse the fact they seem to have intentionally and wilfully defrauded customers. I just don't want inaccuracies piling up. Leave those to Blake/Erica to generate.

The run out has 'ascension' etched into the groove. His friend Jeff Wilson printed the sleeves and advertised same on his Disorder instagram page, until he took the post down after been outed (I saw the post). The backstory was a contact in Germany had circa 38 copies of the release (which was released in 2001 by Sombre and limited to at least 200 copies). The story also mentioned they got '10 copies first to make sure it was legit'. These people are that stupid they couldn't even pull this off without making stupid mistakes (posting photos of vinyl sleeve, the run out etching, the Sombre story).

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm 

Leader_OCola wrote:
Everflowingstream wrote:

considering that he just closed yet another thread....

Yep. Probably enough has been said - I think most of the vitriol is more to do with YK opening the door to this crook and steadfastly refusing to acknowledge on his forum that he has made a big error. When is he going to address issues such as what background checks he did to ensure the story presented to him was correct (surely you'd not take on face value the word of a known crook). Some interesting posts in that thread towards the end, particuarly some from a poster who used to be one of the guys who ran 'War Hammer' (co-released Live Ritual). My takeaway is that he is happy to look the other way if it suits him when it comes to dealing with rip offs and bootleggers though will cry like a child if he is out of pocket for $10.

Argus Monitor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 pm 

I guess you guys don’t know the history of Yosuke. The guy has done his share of bootlegging too when he first started out. He was really into the French black legions back in the day and he got a taste for black metal money on eBay.

You can also ask Master’s Hammer

Like everflowingstream said, as long as it’s not him getting ripped off it’s okay. Nuff said.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 pm 

Argus Monitor wrote:
I guess you guys don’t know the history of Yosuke. The guy has done his share of bootlegging too when he first started out. He was really into the French black legions back in the day and he got a taste for black metal money on eBay.

Like everflowingstream said, as long as it’s not him getting ripped off it’s okay. Nuff said.

Yosuke indeed has a history of bootlegging, but in neither case you mention is it him or a bootleg.
If we're talking about the same release(s) and ebay seller.

And yes, he's quite the hypocrite on this.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:46 pm 

Everflowingstream wrote:
Yep. Probably enough has been said - I think most of the vitriol is more to do with YK opening the door to this crook and steadfastly refusing to acknowledge on his forum that he has made a big error. When is he going to address issues such as what background checks he did to ensure the story presented to him was correct (surely you'd not take on face value the word of a known crook). Some interesting posts in that thread towards the end, particuarly some from a poster who used to be one of the guys who ran 'War Hammer' (co-released Live Ritual). My takeaway is that he is happy to look the other way if it suits him when it comes to dealing with rip offs and bootleggers though will cry like a child if he is out of pocket for $10.

yes, a lot of the "furor" would die out and the topic would (for the most part) be ignored if he would come outright with a thorough , honest rundown of who/what/where/when/why/how this happened; and what he plans to do to rectify it.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm 

To be fair to YK, this isn’t his fault. I think it’s extraordinarily poor judgement for him, of all people, to open the door for Blake back into the underground (anyone got a spare Blakecrush shirt!? :lol: ) - but this whole scam was organized by Blake Judd, Jeff Wilson, his girlfriend and those involved at AMM.

YK never booted a JI release. Only Blake, Jeff Wilson, etc did that. YK was going to co-release one of the reissues. Though, it’s unclear where that stands now that it’s obvious that Blake lied about these being approved.

It’s crazy enough that Blake/Jeff/AMM bootlegged a record and passed it off as original. However, it’s extremely disgusting that he would do a full run of reissues, claiming to have “permission” from his old “friend,” only to have that be a lie too. Now Red Stream have even pulled their support for the releases and others in the underground have verified that JI never ok’d the releases and is upset.

My guess is that YK is absolutely embarrassed that he fell for this and that is why he is locking threads... However, you’d think he would want to say something himself about all of this. He brought Blake into the scene, he announced a joint release of this now obviously unapproved re-issues set, he should tell everyone what happened. Is it embarrassing? Yes. But address it and move on.

Will be watching for the next twist in this hilarious story!

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 am 

Argus Monitor wrote:

Yeah, MH release not sanctioned by the band. In respect to eBay, surely he wasn't behind that Vincedawg or whatever account which flipped records in the early 00s......

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:44 am 

i guess Al Jourgensen was right when he said never trust a junkie. I ordered the Monument To The Twilight End double CD five weeks ago and nothing arrived. I e-mailed them yesterday about the status of my order and the casually told me the CD was sold out since last month. The had basically oversold and had sent all buyers an e-mail letting them know they won't be getting their order, curiously enough i never got this e-mail. When i asked for a refund they replied i could select anything from the bandcamp page for the same amount. Needless to say i said no thanx and once again asked for a refund. I'm curious how long it's going to take...

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:56 pm 

I placed an order for that one and the Trident... mcd from the Twilight Bandcamp page on April 10th; nothing but dead silence since then.

For the record, the Mechina box set I had preordered overseas later on showed up today after having been sent on June 16th, so it can't be chalked up to overseas shipping.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:08 pm 

MoribundRecords wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It's hard to imagine that a guy who dedicated songs "to the destruction of the capitalist scum who tried to destroy black metal" would put his music in the hands of a scumbag.

Bingewolf wrote:
To be fair to YK, this isn’t his fault. I think it’s extraordinarily poor judgement for him, of all people, to open the door for Blake back into the underground (anyone got a spare Blakecrush shirt!? :lol: ) - but this whole scam was organized by Blake Judd, Jeff Wilson, his girlfriend and those involved at AMM.

YK never booted a JI release. Only Blake, Jeff Wilson, etc did that. YK was going to co-release one of the reissues. Though, it’s unclear where that stands now that it’s obvious that Blake lied about these being approved.

His statement about Blake's authorization mentions that BJ had been in touch with AJH as "recently" as roughly a decade ago, and the authorization was verbally given years before that. What it boils down to is that he trusted the word of an incredibly untrustworthy person, who ripped him and many others off, and he released something based on a memory recalled from over a decade ago in a drug-ravaged brain. Since YK knew AJH well enough that he once stayed at his home, which he mentioned during this saga, it seems reasonable that he should have made a good faith attempt to contact him rather than relying solely on the trust of a guy he told the world they shouldn't trust.

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:56 pm 

The claim that NWN was reintroducing Blake Judd to the underground goes a touch too far. AMM had already started working with Red Stream and Elegy, before NWN became involved. That is why NWN isn’t involved in Heaven In Flames.

Having said that, there is no question that NWN’s involvement brought a sense of legitimacy to the whole project.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next