Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:22 pm 

That new track was good, very evocative. Still the annoying singing but its made me somewhat more keen to hear the album.

Elrosx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm 

Full album stream went up today:
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2017/06 ... ls-del-ii/

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:20 am 

I need to listen to this carefully. The music is great but I have problems to dig the clean vocals.

Nagilum1984
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:07 am 

Why the lack of activity around this topic?
A new Vintersorg album called Till Fjälls 2 is quite a big deal, folks.

I have listened to his music for almost 20 years so I am what you call a hard core fan, although I actually more or less dislike his more progressive stuff from 2002-2004. I have always missed his low pitched voice, the truly folky melodies and the epicness from his early works, always hoping that he eventually would return to where he belongs.

I have only listened to the album one time, but from what I have heard this sounds quite amazing. This is almost as good as the Cosmic Genesis/Ödemarkens Son/Till Fjälls-era. His voice isn't as deep/low and powerful as it was back in the day, but the songs are really good. Vintersorg tried to return to the roots already back in 2007 with Solens Roetter, but in my opionion this was basically just in the song titles and logo. The songs were almost as weird/progressive as when he made Focusing Blur, but a bit more folkish. As the years have passed he has clearly tried to become more and more like the old Vintersorg with each album, but I ended up a bit dissapointed although I enjoyed the albums. This time however something is different. I actually think he may have been able to bring back some of the gloriousness from the late ninetees.

~Guest 394415
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 394415 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

After a cursory listen to the two discs I can say that the second one seems to be the highlight on this release.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 pm 

I finally received the album and fuck, this is the best Vintersorg album in 15 years!! The singles are actually the tracks I liked the less, at least half of the album is totally on par with the classics!

These 4 songs are absolute gems

En Väldig Isvidds Karga Dräkt
Allt Mellan Himmel Och Jord
Obygdens Pionjär
Vinterstorm

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I finally received the album and fuck, this is the best Vintersorg album in 15 years!! The singles are actually the tracks I liked the less, at least half of the album is totally on par with the classics!

These 4 songs are absolute gems

En Väldig Isvidds Karga Dräkt
Allt Mellan Himmel Och Jord
Obygdens Pionjär
Vinterstorm

I totally agree. This album is a masterpiece and those four songs are the standouts. The best songs Mr. V has done in a very long time.

Like your reviews?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 am 

It took a while(as usual) but I have checked out this work several times and I am impressed. It way better than expected. It truly sounds like a continuation of Till fjälls, its obviously more refined and prog influenced but the viking/black essence is there, rifs are great and the folk arrangements are good too. The screams are powerful and though I am not fan of his clean vocals they fit well. Tough they are a minority the black metal esque vocals have a greater presence than I initially expected.

Very good record. :)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2