Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:21 am 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/duskmourn/of-shadow-and-flame-duskmourns-second-full-length?utm_source=Worldwide+Fans&utm_campaign=a88fbe6487-Kickstarter_Email_Campaign_1_11_2017_World&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f6c14cca7b-a88fbe6487-44818403

We want to say THANK YOU for your continued support over the years. It's a dream of ours to keep writing music for you guys and we can only do it with your help. Some of you may have already made a pledge and we appreciate the hell out of you. If you haven't and want to help, you can click here to make a pledge.

With that being said...We have just recorded our second full length album and it is ready for mixing and mastering! In order to keep up with the quality of Legends, we are committed to sending Of Shadow and Flame straight to the same incredibly talented audio engineer. We need your help to fund it!

Why we're crowdfunding

We would like the opportunity to release Of Shadow and Flame to all of you as soon as possible. As an unsigned two-person band, producing an album (and all that goes along with it) is a significant expense. It would take us years to save enough money to complete this project ourselves.

We don’t want to keep you all waiting if there’s something we can do about it!

So $3,750 is a lot of money. Where is it all going? This goal is set to cover the mixing, mastering and some of the recording expenses. In addition, we (Duskmourn) will be funding the printing of the new merchandise, pressing of the new album, artwork, and marketing expenses.

If you want to help us make this album happen this year instead of several years down the road—this is your opportunity to join our fellowship!

I loved the first abum so I am hyped with this one, anyway my current budget prevents me to pay $25 for a only one abum.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 pm 

I'll have to give their first album a listen again. I think I remember liking it, but it has been a while. Good for them though - they're almost at their goal.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 am 

ObservationSlave wrote:
I'll have to give their first album a listen again. I think I remember liking it, but it has been a while. Good for them though - they're almost at their goal.

Wow! you´re right! can´t wait to listen to the new album. The artwork gives me a good feeling! :)

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:13 am 

ObservationSlave wrote:

The band has reached its goal(and still receiving more money), congrats to them. Now I will wait to the release date, this album should be a must.

EssenceofLight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 am 

Discovered the band over the weekend and pretty damn good stuff they do. Wish I had the money so i can help them with the crowdfunding, but wish them luck :)

Can't wait to hear more from them!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am 

The debut was a very nice album so of course I too will be looking forward to this one :)

SatanicDeathLust666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:27 pm 

Loved the debut

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:21 am 

The album is finally out:

https://duskmourn.bandcamp.com/album/of ... -and-flame

It can be purchased here:

http://www.duskmourn.com/

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am 

Paganbasque wrote:

I absolutely love it on first listen. Going to get a lot of plays, this one!

Edit: AOTY contender for me. Listened 3 times through today and its only getting better.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:43 am 

pfk505 wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

I absolutely love it on first listen. Going to get a lot of plays, this one!

Edit: AOTY contender for me. Listened 3 times through today and its only getting better.

Too early to judge it but it sounds great. Anyway I stil prefer the debut but as I have said, its too early to decide which one is better.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am 

Good stuff man! Loving it so far!

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:52 pm 

A serious AOTY contender. I got an advanced copy and have been listening to it for a while now. It's such an amazing album.

Like your reviews?

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:49 pm 

I'll repost my thoughts from the Worthwhile Albums of 2017 thread:

The new Duskmourn, Of Shadow and Flame, came out on Friday, and it has far exceeded the expectations that I had for it. It's something along the lines of a mix between Moonsorrow, Falkenbach, and Melodic DM. Duskmourn are able to wear their influences on their sleeve while still retaining a unique quality about their music. There are a few more Black Metal elements to this album than the last, and it's a good progress in sound. Everything from the compositions, the instrumentation, the production, the lyrics/vocals, and the album art is top notch. While each and every song is unique and stands on its own, Of Shadow and Flame is the kind of album that once you start, you want to listen to in entirety. Highly recommended for anyone who likes Epic/Folk/Viking Metal or soaring melodies.

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:56 pm 

I keep hoping one of the bigger review/blog sites will pick it up as these guys deserve some visibility and a bump in attention while the album is fresh. For me one of the best things I've heard this year so far.

GanoesParan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:32 pm 

Recently picked up this album and loved it on my first listen. Definitely one of my favorites of the year so far.

Reply to topic