Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 811
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:26 pm 
 

lost_wanderer wrote:
I don't know for sure but Roman Saenko of drudkh have make a guest session on a peste noire album, so there's chances that he share sympathies for some of those view.

"A chance"

In other words, pure speculation and rumors

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:14 pm 
 

I have never heard Drudkh in this discussion but, from looking at their M-A page, it must've come up before since "Drudkh is not a political band" is already written there.

However, having a guitarist guest on an album is not something I would be too concerned with... Would I guest with a band like this? No, because people may assume I support that kind of ideology. But, as the discussion here shows, it is all shades of grey in such a small scene. How many times have we seen non-NS bands have to apologize for a demo or early release coming out through a label that also distributes NSBM? With NSBM being a fairly widespread subgenre in an already small genre pool, the two worlds are going to bump into each other sometimes.

I tend to look for more meaningful connections before I judge a particular band. For instance, despite their recent controversies and Antifa threats, it should be fairly apparent that Marduk and Watain are NOT NS (http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/04/11/nazi-imagery-why-watain-and-marduk-dont-get-a-pass-while-slayer-and-metallica-do/).

I also remember when Nachtmystium got signed to Century Media and got accused of being NS because Regimental Records released their debut album. So, to me, I am not ready to make a conclusion on Drudkh based on one guest appearance.

That said, if anyone has more meaningful proof otherwise, let's see it!

Top
 Profile  
k311250
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:06 pm 
 

Roman Saenko from Drudkh played in Hate Forest and there's always been a lot of talk about Hate Forest being a NSBM band despite the eforts of the band members in denying all this claims (they had a song called Aryosophia with a pretty obvious message, they used triskelions and celtic crosses on their artwork, they recorded stuff on Blutreinheit Productions, they used to sell a shirt with the face of Roman Shukhevych who was a one-time ally of Nazi Germany and one of the organizers of the Halych-Volhyn massacre...)

Image

Roman being friends with Famine shouldn't bee too surprising, I thought all of this was common knowledge.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metal freak

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm 
 

Derigin wrote:
With that said, please don't derail this thread any further, and let's continue discussing Peste Noire and its music.

Wilytank wrote:
:roll: Yeah, seriously, fuck this goon and fuck his shitty music too.

:scratch:

:nono:

Top
 Profile  
Thiestru
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 am
Posts: 1910
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:52 pm 
 

God, Famine is a terrible vocalist and a putrescent lyricist. This band needs to go instrumental. Seriously, those boneheaded lyrics....
_________________
Zodijackyl wrote:
Anything but undying, eternal praise for Awaken the Guardian is completely wrong and a disgrace to you, your band, family, and Facebook friends list.


If you're interested in hearing my music, it can be found here: http://thiestru.bandcamp.com. Wassail.

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:17 pm 
 

Thiestru wrote:
God, Famine is a terrible vocalist and a putrescent lyricist. This band needs to go instrumental. Seriously, those boneheaded lyrics....


That was my take away as well... Very corny lyrics and I didn’t like the vocal approach at all.

Top
 Profile  
Usurp Athor
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 am
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:51 pm 
 

The only thing you "need" from this band is their first album, 2nd and 3rd one were ok but not as great. After that, the music got worse just like the whole narcissist spectacle around Famine got more annoying, there must be some correlation here. Surely they have now more bad than good albums out, which is never a good sign. And they aren't even an old band.

Top
 Profile  
BeholdtheNicktopus
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 pm
Posts: 315
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm 
 

I agree with Usurp mostly. I think Folkfuck Folie and Ballade were excellent, especially the later, but nothing after those has been too good imo. The music really changed pretty severely and I just don't enjoy the new vibe at all. It fits the videos perfectly though (which is not a good thing for the music!).
_________________
RIP Mark "The Shark" Shelton
"Existence is a trace of The One." ~Plotinus

Top
 Profile  
Grimbeard
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 153
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm 
 

I actually like their last two albums better than the older ones. I'm excited as hell for the new material, wish they would hurry up with it. :)

Top
 Profile  
HeavenDuff
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Posts: 971
Location: Quebec, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:28 am 
 

k311250 wrote:
Roman Saenko from Drudkh played in Hate Forest and there's always been a lot of talk about Hate Forest being a NSBM band despite the eforts of the band members in denying all this claims (they had a song called Aryosophia with a pretty obvious message, they used triskelions and celtic crosses on their artwork, they recorded stuff on Blutreinheit Productions, they used to sell a shirt with the face of Roman Shukhevych who was a one-time ally of Nazi Germany and one of the organizers of the Halych-Volhyn massacre...)

Image

Roman being friends with Famine shouldn't bee too surprising, I thought all of this was common knowledge.


I'd love to know what goes on inside these kinds of guys' heads. I mean, what's up with all the cryptofascist and cryptonazi shit? I know there are people who legitimately believe they are neither of these things even if they might like the symbolism or be fund of some early conservative germanic revolution stuff or whatever... but people who actually put the face of Nazis or Nazi allies on their merch and then go on to try and deny that their are neo-nazis... I'm not getting it...

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:02 pm 
 

This has caused me to brush up on my history and do a bit of research. Apparently, many Ukrainian people lionize Roman Shukhevych for his role in the fight for Ukrainian independence. In 2007, the president posthumously gave him the "Hero of Ukraine" award - but the high courts overruled him as Shukhevych was never a Ukrainian citizen and wouldn't be eligible for the honor. They even renamed a street after him in Kiev this past summer. They downplay the real issue, which is that this is a person who allied himself with Nazi Germany to try and use that allegiance to gain independence for Ukraine.

It's quite interesting to see the rise of these far right ideals in Eastern Europe and even in the States. After the devastation and mass murder, it's crazy to see the rise of nationalism all over again. Though, for those in our scene, it is easy to see that NS bands have always been huge in that part of the world, so maybe nationalism never really left.

That said, bands that try to distance themselves from the word "nazi" apparently don't think it's a bad thing to be nationalistic - as evidence by this shirt being sold. But, whether you're a nationalist, a fascist or whatever you want to call it - you're part of the same movement as nazis.

And, as I said in my earlier post, there is too much good music being produced around the world to have a reason to support these bands. It is also much easier now to distribute your music than having to partner with a label that puts this stuff out. If you do, there's something more to it than just "I really like the riffs, man..."

Top
 Profile  
MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 am
Posts: 398
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 pm 
 

I'm always surprised when people don't know that about Drudkh. Hate Forest was pretty overt about what they believe.

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:32 pm 
 

For myself, I blame it on naivety honestly... I had only heard of Hate Forest in passing, never checked them out or knew who was involved. I also assumed a label as big as Season of Mist wouldn't be associating with this part of the scene. But, then again, they took in Inquisition as well so who knows.

Top
 Profile  
Nemrod_88
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:53 am 
 

I hope their new album have anything to do with SxE scum, I think Famine is getting SxE like that Slavic douchebags

Top
 Profile  
MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 am
Posts: 398
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 am 
 

I stumbled across their new(ish?) music video. "Hooligan black metal" is the new hip hop?

Youtube: show


I'm more interested in Peste Noire than I've been since "La Sanie..." came out. "Macabre Transcendence" is still one of the best demos of the 00's.

Top
 Profile  
~Guest 226319
President Satan

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 am
Posts: 6571
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 am 
 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
I stumbled across their new(ish?) music video. "Hooligan black metal" is the new hip hop?

Yes, there are a lot of similarities between Peste Noire and gangsta rap.

Top
 Profile  
SkinMM
Jesus Loves Me (More than You)

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:01 pm
Posts: 40
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:21 pm 
 

Image

Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Metal freak

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm 
 

SkinMM wrote:
Info.

:beer:

Top
 Profile  
Grimbeard
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 153
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm 
 

That street live was AWESOME, can't wait for the new album.

Top
 Profile  
CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 421
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:36 am 
 

Haha wow, that was embarrassing.

Top
 Profile  
Mental_Relapse
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 am 
 

I will never understand why NSBM - or any kind of nationalism or racialism - in metal remains so controversial.

Metal is saturated with lyrics about murder, rape, gore, mutilation, genocide, war, and every other horrific topic, but the moment someone hints at being white nationalist everyone gets super triggered. Too bad most modern metalheads are ultimately just a bunch of sniveling liberals. #sad

Top
 Profile  
TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:18 am
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am 
 

Ideology aside, that street live was fucking embarrassing. Everything Black Metal should not be, especially when claiming its own elitism, as those bonehead fucks at Militant Zone tend to speak of themselves.

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:20 am 
 

Mental_Relapse wrote:
I will never understand why NSBM - or any kind of nationalism or racialism - in metal remains so controversial.

Metal is saturated with lyrics about murder, rape, gore, mutilation, genocide, war, and every other horrific topic, but the moment someone hints at being white nationalist everyone gets super triggered. Too bad most modern metalheads are ultimately just a bunch of sniveling liberals. #sad


Anyone who makes this argument is being willfully ignorant to the intent of NSBM. When a band sings about war, that band is talking about the brutality of war. When bands are NS, they are espousing their own racist beliefs for other racists to celebrate. NS bands are NS people. NS people are scum.

Bands singing about war and destruction are exploring brutal themes. NS bands are racist. If you pretend not to know the difference, what category does that put you in?

Top
 Profile  
Mental_Relapse
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:11 pm 
 

Bingewolf wrote:
Mental_Relapse wrote:
I will never understand why NSBM - or any kind of nationalism or racialism - in metal remains so controversial.

Metal is saturated with lyrics about murder, rape, gore, mutilation, genocide, war, and every other horrific topic, but the moment someone hints at being white nationalist everyone gets super triggered. Too bad most modern metalheads are ultimately just a bunch of sniveling liberals. #sad


Anyone who makes this argument is being willfully ignorant to the intent of NSBM. When a band sings about war, that band is talking about the brutality of war. When bands are NS, they are espousing their own racist beliefs for other racists to celebrate. NS bands are NS people. NS people are scum.

Bands singing about war and destruction are exploring brutal themes. NS bands are racist. If you pretend not to know the difference, what category does that put you in?


Nice Talmudic logic.

Why can't people have "racist" beliefs? What exactly is the problem with that? Race is a real biological phenomenon with social and political effects on society. NS is mainly about ancestry and keeping Europa white, as it should be.

Anti-Christian black metal isn't just "exploring dark themes", it's actually anti-Christian and no one on this board has a problem with that. But when it comes to anti-Semitic black metal, you all clutch your pearls like a bunch of Catholic school girls.

For the record, yes, I'm NS.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 5122
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:35 pm 
 

So edgy.
_________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
rexxz
Where's your band?

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 11352
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm 
 

Mental_Relapse wrote:
Anti-Christian black metal isn't just "exploring dark themes", it's actually anti-Christian and no one on this board has a problem with that. But when it comes to anti-Semitic black metal, you all clutch your pearls like a bunch of Catholic school girls.

For the record, yes, I'm NS.


Show me an anti-semitic band that criticizes the Hebrew religion without making horrible racist statements towards ethnic Jews and I've got a bridge in Alaska I want to sell you.

inb4 "yes they exist". I'm sure they do. All 2 or 3 of them.

You know damn well what point is being made here. There's no point in defending racism. Unless you're just an openly racist asshole, which may be the case.
_________________
Hexenkraft - diabolical cyberpunk darksynth
Cosmic Atrophy - extradimensional death metal

Top
 Profile  
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 5041
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
 

Mental_Relapse wrote:
I will never understand why NSBM - or any kind of nationalism or racialism - in metal remains so controversial.

Metal is saturated with lyrics about murder, rape, gore, mutilation, genocide, war, and every other horrific topic, but the moment someone hints at being white nationalist everyone gets super triggered. Too bad most modern metalheads are ultimately just a bunch of sniveling liberals. #sad

This was a really funny way to say that you don’t know the definitions of shock value or tongue in cheek humor, not to mention that you probably never hung out with actual death metal musicians/never been to a concert/don’t ever go outside at all.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
Twisted_Psychology wrote:
My cousin made me an edible peanut butter sandwich


Is that unusual? Do your cousin's peanut butter sandwiches typically contain broken glass?


Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
narsilianshard
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 1939
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm 
 

Four posts into being on this forum and every single one has been about far-right politics. It's pretty clear he only made an account here to, as they say, "trigger the libruls." Please don't give this russian bot the pleasure, he's not even here to discuss music.
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/se ... 0&sr=posts

Top
 Profile  
Mass Suicide
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 am
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 am 
 

Bingewolf wrote:
Anyone who makes this argument is being willfully ignorant to the intent of NSBM. When a band sings about war, that band is talking about the brutality of war. When bands are NS, they are espousing their own racist beliefs for other racists to celebrate.


Great logic, indeed. Yes, surely all bands that sing about the "brutality of war" do this because they are 100% pacifist, and surely NOT because they are fascinated by martialism. And all bands that sing about serial killers, demons, Satan or whatever did this because they are strongly against such things and NOT because they are fascinated by evil and destruction.

You see the problem here?

Top
 Profile  
CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am
Posts: 421
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 am 
 

Nope, please elaborate.

Top
 Profile  
Mass Suicide
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 am
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 am 
 

I asked Bingewolf, not you. If you want an elaborate answer, tell me where you stand first.

And Bingewolf: Just for the record, it's fine if you're against racism in Metal, but please don't cover the inferior motifs of bands like Watain or Marduk with noble ones. These people are surely no leftwingers (to put it mildly) and if it wouldn't ruin their commercial careers & reputation, their albums would contain NS praise as well.

Top
 Profile  
Bingewolf
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 187
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 am 
 

Mass Suicide wrote:
Bingewolf wrote:
Anyone who makes this argument is being willfully ignorant to the intent of NSBM. When a band sings about war, that band is talking about the brutality of war. When bands are NS, they are espousing their own racist beliefs for other racists to celebrate.


Great logic, indeed. Yes, surely all bands that sing about the "brutality of war" do this because they are 100% pacifist, and surely NOT because they are fascinated by martialism. And all bands that sing about serial killers, demons, Satan or whatever did this because they are strongly against such things and NOT because they are fascinated by evil and destruction.

You see the problem here?


No, I do not see the problem here. As I and others have stated, brutal topics in metal music are par for the course. Everyone who listens to the genre has experienced what the lyrical topics often are. However, Cannibal Corpse are not rapists and murderers and Sodom aren’t out there declaring war on nations.

However, NS bands are out there being nazis and openly racist scum. Being “fascinated by evil and destruction” is much different from being a nazi. Nice try though. That was cute!

Mental_Relapse wrote:
Nice Talmudic logic.

Why can't people have "racist" beliefs? What exactly is the problem with that? Race is a real biological phenomenon with social and political effects on society. NS is mainly about ancestry and keeping Europa white, as it should be.

Anti-Christian black metal isn't just "exploring dark themes", it's actually anti-Christian and no one on this board has a problem with that. But when it comes to anti-Semitic black metal, you all clutch your pearls like a bunch of Catholic school girls.

For the record, yes, I'm NS.


People can have racist views if you want but that also means you can be criticized for your shitty worldview. The fact that you say “NS is about keeping Europe white, as it should be” shows that you’re racist scum. No one’s race makes them superior. That is quite laughable.

Moreover, if you actually like Peste Noire, that just highlights your poor taste in music... Which isn’t surprising considering the garbage passed off as “music” in that scene.

Top
 Profile  
Mass Suicide
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 am
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 am 
 

Bingewolf wrote:
No, I do not see the problem here. As I and others have stated, brutal topics in metal music are par for the course. Everyone who listens to the genre has experienced what the lyrical topics often are. However, Cannibal Corpse are not rapists and murderers and Sodom aren’t out there declaring war on nations.

However, NS bands are out there being nazis and openly racist scum. Being “fascinated by evil and destruction” is much different from being a nazi. Nice try though. That was cute!


Bullshit argumentation. Show me one NSBM band that commits political violence against minorities. You won't find one, only Slavs and Latinos LARPing around. They have wicked ideas, but so have Cannibal Corpse if they phantasize about killing women and raping dead babies.

Your argument about Cannibal Corpse is like saying "pedophiles who only look at nude pictures on the internet are not doing harm to anyone".

There are bands like Macabre that openly advocates serial killers and no one has a problem with it. I suggest you also check out Denmarks Infernal Torment's lyrics and then you tell me that this was "just for fun" or being edgy.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 5122
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am 
 

This thread has long moved on from being about the original topic, and is now just one more "Mental_Relapse" from turning into a full-fledged dumpster fire.
_________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abethedemon, Auch, booK_of_blood and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

  Print view
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group