Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EssenceofLight
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 am 

I thought Finntroll was dead but apparently Henry Sorvali twitted this 2 days ago:

"Finntroll´s new year resolution: we'll gather every tuesday for composing-bootcamp-sessions. Thus far it has worked! "

Woooo!!!

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm 

Anyone heard anything on The County Medical Examiners? Gimmicky goregrind band sure, but I haven't heard a peep since their second album came out in 2007 aside from a 2012 interview that confirmed Matt Widener was part of it.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Anyone know what the Negative Plane boys are up to?

Saving up for more reverb pedals to cover up for their lack of substance, I reckon (first album's alright, though).

What happening with Deceased? I heard there was supposed to be an album called Ghastly White or something of that ilk. But I've not heard anything in ages (if anything's been said on social media, I would have missed it).

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:02 pm 

The first one is definitely a lot more riffy and "fun". The second one has some killer guitaring but it's surely all about that spooky atmosphere. It sounds like ghosts cavorting. It reminds me of a few isolated Drape moments stretched to a whole album. I could totally see that boring you to tears though.

Man, Deceased are so reliable. I'm sure they'll drop a new album on our heads out of nowhere. Will it be able to top Surreal Overdose though? That one is the best thing they've ever released, in my opinion. Really shocked me.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:20 pm 

Yeah, Deceased... are pretty much the most consistent band in metal. Everything's of a relatively similar level of quality. Fearless Undead Machines is my least favourite and The Blueprints of Madness is the one I listen to the most (although, it's not the best, I'll admit that). So, that's probably just me being weird. Surreal Overdose was one of their strongest ones but perhaps they could top it. I mean, the gestation period has been long enough.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

Saving up for more reverb pedals to cover up for their lack of substance, I reckon (first album's alright, though).

Haha, thats hilarious, but very well said. I prefer the first album very much.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm 

Man, there are so many of them...

Pavor? I still dont know if I like their music or not, but Furioso is definitely one of the most remarkable releases of technical death metal, and on MA it says status unknown. It has been 14 years now since their last!

Tormentor? 17 years now since Recipe Ferrum! I would love to see them playing live. I always felt that Masters hammer were somehow related to them, and they are gonna make it live this year on Brutal Assault fest!

Thorns? So is there new album in works or not?

Atrophia Red Sun? They sometimes post links to their old albums or links to Decapitated, since they shared some members, but they dont look active at all, even though MA says status active...

Aghora? I think they were working on next album, but it has been a while since last news. Without Danishta Rivero on vocals I dont have big expectations anyway...

Organ:? Very weird norwegian entity. I remember some news from duplicate records while ago that they are working on something, but then they disappeared.

Golem (death metal, Germany)?

Odem Arcarum? Not much happening on their FB, and 7 years since their last album which I like a lot.

The One? It seems Alexandros is busy with other projects (and Necromaniac and Satanic Supplicia are promising as fuck!!) but I hope he will continue The One one day.

Magane? What is happening with this japanese bm band?

Consummation? I hope they will hit us with some big news this year. That demo from 2012 shows some serious potential.

Decrepit Spectre? Now, when Code suck, it would be superb to see this band coming back to life...

Desultor? If I am not wrong, they said something like The World is not ready yet for their next album, hehe.

Lunaris?

Smile Carved Sour?

Last edited by slavonic777 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:03 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
Pavor?

Thorns? So is there new album in works or not?

Golem (death metal, Germany)?

1. dead, I guess. I'd be very surprised if anything ever happened with these guys again.
2. sophomore still said to be in the making, has already been recorded, they say (at least partially). but I guess snorre first needs to get his shit (= head) together). so nobody knows WHEN, but they say THAT it'll come. I won't give up hope, after all planet satan did come through in the end.
3. said to be dead.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:07 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
Atrophia Red Sun? They sometimes post links to their old albums or links to Decapitated, since they shared some members, but they dont look active at all, even though MA says status active...

You may be right. I'm looking into it.

Thoth Amon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:24 pm 

Acrobat wrote:

LOL!!! For the record I dug both albums (first being better).

Epic black/thrash.

Padan_Fain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:10 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

What happening with Deceased? I heard there was supposed to be an album called Ghastly White or something of that ilk. But I've not heard anything in ages (if anything's been said on social media, I would have missed it).

They were having issues getting together to write it for a long time, but last I talked to King, they've been jamming on new stuff that he was really hyped about. He just doesn't want to rush something out for the sake of putting out an album, thus no real release date timeline other than when Ghostly White is ready and he's happy with it.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:03 pm 

Alright, cool, that's probably the best I could have hoped for. I was just worried that they'd fallen apart since I'd last heard from them.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 pm 

Green Carnation?

I know they played live last year. Was anyone there? Any hints at a new studio album? The first three records are awesome.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:43 pm 

How about evil incarnate?

Immerse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 am 

Unity wrote:
Carpathian Forest? They haven't put out anything in 10 years.

Working on new stuff.The End.No other info was put public.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 am 

Acrobat wrote:

They shouldn't have sold the ones they had to Chthe'ilist for such a cheap price.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

MetallicaTrueFan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 pm 

Yeah where is the new Green Carnation... isn't the next album suppose to be another epic like Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 pm 

Has anyone heard any news on Trollech recently? It has been five years now since they released Vnitřní tma, which was much different from anything else they had released to date, but I actually welcomed the change. Anyways, an update of any kind would be nice just so I know they haven't become to immersed in their side projects that they forgot about one of my favorite bands!

TheCrimsonIdol
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm 

Has Varg mentioned anything about the next Burzum album? It's been two and a half years since the last one, which may not seem like a long time, but for a while he was pumping out new material every year.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:25 pm 

He's too busy making his own shitty white-power Dungeons and Dragons knock off.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm 

What happened to Shear? Katharsis was excellent and they toured all through 2015, but neither their website nor their FB page have been updated in over a year.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm 

Acrobat wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

King recently stated on his Facebook page that work on 'Ghostly White' has resumed. Things came to a halt originally because Mike, the guitarist, is in the CIA or something and has been in Europe for work for a long time. Everyone has busy lives outside of the band, which makes getting together impossible sometimes. King was definitely beyond anxious to get back to work on the album, but there was nothing he could do until Mike got back.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:09 pm 

Some news regarding Heathen. Apparently they've got some new material demoed, but that's about it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exodus ... ke-family/

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:08 pm 

Winterwolf. Cycle of the Werewolf was one of my favorite albums of 2009 but other than a split with Disma in 2011 they've been quiet.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

paroxysmicstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:13 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:

Consummation? I hope they will hit us with some big news this year. That demo from 2012 shows some serious potential.

I'm close with the band... they're about to release an absolute monster. Beware.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 pm 

I bet Lykathea Aflame, or Lykathé have been brought up a lot here. I can only assume the wait will lead us into a completely universe reassembling album.

I'm definitely not up to date with metal happenings. So has WITTR given up black metal for good?

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm 

MorbidEngel wrote:
Anyone heard anything on The County Medical Examiners? Gimmicky goregrind band sure, but I haven't heard a peep since their second album came out in 2007 aside from a 2012 interview that confirmed Matt Widener was part of it.

Second you on this, TCME were basically the best Carcass-clone band out there, but there hasn't been ANY activity from them for a decade. Time to spin Olidous Operettas again.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

Amber Gray wrote:
So has WITTR given up black metal for good?

Would be interesting if they did the opposite and actually released a black metal album.

So far, Nocte Obducta is the only "too intellectual for black metal" band that has done that (with the Schwarzmetall album), and that album actually has some really good songs on it.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Padan_Fain
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 am 

Deceased update
King Fowley posted this on facebook yesterday,
"we have 65 parts so far on tape. from last 3 years. writing new stuff stil land using the old stuff that holds up to us. i'd say so far we have about 20 minutes of the record written. one tune is going to be around 15 minutes and we are about 8 minutes into that one. one song is done and two others are half way done. seven total on record. we are shooting to have it written/arranged by june. recording around september an looking at a late 2017 release on hells headbangers."

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:58 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Amber Gray wrote:
So has WITTR given up black metal for good?

Would be interesting if they did the opposite and actually released a black metal album.

band that has done that (with the Schwarzmetall album), and that album actually has some really good songs on it.

If I recall correctly Nocte Obducta released a prog rock album called Sequenzen einer Wanderung just to return to black metal in the following release, Verderbnis.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 pm 

Padan_Fain wrote:
Deceased update
King Fowley posted this on facebook yesterday,
"we have 65 parts so far on tape. from last 3 years. writing new stuff stil land using the old stuff that holds up to us. i'd say so far we have about 20 minutes of the record written. one tune is going to be around 15 minutes and we are about 8 minutes into that one. one song is done and two others are half way done. seven total on record. we are shooting to have it written/arranged by june. recording around september an looking at a late 2017 release on hells headbangers."

15 minute Deceased song sounds fucking great - this will be cool. I need to listen to them more when it isn't Halloween time.

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:35 pm 

After Cryptopsy's much maligned crowd-funding campaign two year ago, they put out a 4 song EP then? I know it's only been a little over a year but no word at all and I thought the whole point of begging for money was to pump these things out annually. What's the point of taking 2 years to release a 4 song EP when it only took them 3 or so years to release a full-length? Sounds like somebody in the band needed a quick paycheck

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:32 pm 

paroxysmicstorm wrote:
slavonic777 wrote:

I'm close with the band... they're about to release an absolute monster. Beware.

This is very good news. After being completely flattened by their live show, and playing the shit out of the demo, I can't wait to hear a full length.

So what the fuck is up with Katharsis? Nothing since 2009, with their Fourth Reich EP.

Necros Christos has been quiet also. Admittedly only since 2014, but still, I would like a new album please.

My collection

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:50 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Necros Christos has been quiet also. Admittedly only since 2014, but still, I would like a new album please.

from their FB, Jan 2
Quote:
The Beginning of the End;
We're thrilled to announce that the recordings of DOMEDON DOXOMEDON shall finally take place in 2017.
Nearly all material is written, a disturbing time is guaranteed for all.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 pm 

Hey cool, thanks mate :thumbsup:

Keen for this, though I hope it's a step up from Doom of the Occult. Don't get me wrong, I really like the album, I would just like a little more grit that the first record had.

My collection

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:07 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
So what the fuck is up with Katharsis? Nothing since 2009, with their Fourth Reich EP.

I doubt they will ever release anything again after drakh's, umm, "enforced outing". just a guess though.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:43 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
CrushedRevelation wrote:

I doubt they will ever release anything again after drakh's, umm, "enforced outing". just a guess though.

I like to think he had had decided to quit Katharsis long before being exposed as a professor of sociology and LGBT rights activist by easily excitable NWN! forum posters.

It's a shame, though, Katharsis were a very good black metal band.

flowa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:29 pm 

Aszfargoth wrote:

I like to think he had had decided to quit Katharsis long before being exposed as a professor of sociology and LGBT rights activist by easily excitable NWN! forum posters.

It's a shame, though, Katharsis were a very good black metal band.[/quote]

Didn't know that happened! Such a shame, indeed.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:08 pm 

lmao is that actually something that happened?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:38 pm 

Aszfargoth wrote:

It's a shame, though, Katharsis were a very good black metal band.

assuming the same here, except I've never got into katharsis' music and aesthetics at all, but I've always liked their remaining in obscurity so to say, and letting their music do the talking.
in hindsight, I'd say the decision to try and let katharsis die silently instead of quitting publicly for good backfired on him immensely, even though I appreciate the cohesive "fuck off" approach communicationwise.

ninjer: yes it really happened, and it caused massive (over)reactions, shitstorms etc., at least in the german BM underground. ridiculous story all around.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next