FrigidGround
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm 

Please God, give us a new Dordeduh album

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 am 

DividerOfShadows wrote:
I might be going out on a limb here, but I actually enjoyed Zi. Sure, it's not as weird or menace-sounding as Om or 'n crugu bradului, but it had its merits. It's not really an album to headbang to. And I'm deeply saddened that the trilogy will remain unfinished, but hey, maybe we'll get a second Dordeduh album soon. I know guys were in the studio some time ago.

It has its moments but they fall short. Last track was nice, though.

I guess third part wont see the light, which is sad because it could be a nice farewell and homage to him. Waiting for new Dordeduh too. Their first album was good but it lacked Negura´s magic moments.

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
DividerOfShadows wrote:
I might be going out on a limb here, but I actually enjoyed Zi. Sure, it's not as weird or menace-sounding as Om or 'n crugu bradului, but it had its merits. It's not really an album to headbang to. And I'm deeply saddened that the trilogy will remain unfinished, but hey, maybe we'll get a second Dordeduh album soon. I know guys were in the studio some time ago.

It has its moments but they fall short. Last track was nice, though.

I guess third part wont see the light, which is sad because it could be a nice farewell and homage to him. Waiting for new Dordeduh too. Their first album was good but it lacked Negura´s magic moments.

I remember when I heard of Negru's death, I had this idea in my mind, that Hypogrammos & Sol Faur would collaborate expanding upon the snippets that Negru left behind as final tribute/farewell, although such an idea is perhaps too romantic, not to add of course that I am personally more excited to hear Dar De Duh's continuation than more of Zi's sound.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am 

jjohn wrote:
I remember when I heard of Negru's death, I had this idea in my mind, that Hypogrammos & Sol Faur would collaborate expanding upon the snippets that Negru left behind as final tribute/farewell, although such an idea is perhaps too romantic, not to add of course that I am personally more excited to hear Dar De Duh's continuation than more of Zi's sound.

Jesus Christ, that would be wonderful... I know Sol Faur, Hupogrammos and Negru didn't really part ways all that amicably, but they were together for more than ten years. Gotta leave all the bad blood behind. Unfortunately, you're right, that idea is too romantic, but a beautiful one nonetheless. Maybe Dordeduh will write a couple of songs on their follow-up dedicated to Negru, or maybe the whole album itself will be dedicated to him? That seems more likely.

And I'm still hoping for Katy Perry to do another Christian album.

My Last.fm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:13 am 

DividerOfShadows wrote:
I know Sol Faur, Hupogrammos and Negru didn't really part ways all that amicably.

So, it won't happen.
I was thinking about current Negura Bunget members to complete the last album by themselves but it doesn't seem like.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:34 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
DividerOfShadows wrote:
I know Sol Faur, Hupogrammos and Negru didn't really part ways all that amicably.

So, it won't happen.
I was thinking about current Negura Bunget members to complete the last album by themselves but it doesn't seem like.

However, they did still post that he passed away on their Facebook page and expressed their condolences to both the band and his family, so I wouldn't say they're still angry with him...

My Last.fm

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 am 

Looks like there will be one final Negura Bunget album after all...

The 3rd and final chapter of the Transilvanian Trilogy has been completed.

After the departure of Negru and in acordance with his vision and his detailed production planning, the last album has been produced. It includes his last drum recordings and the musical contributions of his colleagues from “Zi”.

Under the sign of mystery and wonder, the last album is a statement as the Romanian philosopher Lucian Blaga said:

“I do not crush the world’s corolla of wonders
And I do not kill
with my mind the wonders
on my path.”

More information coming soon.

From Negura Bunget's Facebook.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 am 

jjohn wrote:
Looks like there will be one final Negura Bunget album after all...

Cool, thanks! :beer:

https://www.facebook.com/negurabunget/photos/a.10151289556594708/10156918331699708/

Quote:
The 3rd and final chapter of the Transilvanian Trilogy has been completed.

After the departure of Negru and in acordance with his vision and his detailed production planning, the last album has been produced. It includes his last drum recordings and the musical contributions of his colleagues from “Zi”.

Under the sign of mystery and wonder, the last album is a statement as the Romanian philosopher Lucian Blaga said:

“I do not crush the world’s corolla of wonders
And I do not kill
with my mind the wonders
on my path.”

More information coming soon.

Let's see if this ends like a shame trilogy or a decent tribute to Negru. :roll:

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm 

Apparently, I'm one of those in the extreme minority who thinks the last three albums were awesome, with Virstele... being the weakest of the three. OM is a disjointed, overrated mess with two truly solid songs on it. I think what it highlighted was the divergent ideas about which direction the band should go in, and so the split was actually a good thing, because we got two amazing bands instead of one. Tau and Zi come off as more focused and sincere. Can't get enough of the atmosphere on them.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:27 pm 

This is great news, I also liked their latest records, not as much as their previous work but I still think they're good.
I personally still feel bad for Negru's passing, it was so sudden and he seemed so full of energy with many plans for the future. At least they're going to give a proper ending to his hard work.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 pm 

Cruciphage wrote:
Apparently, I'm one of those in the extreme minority who thinks the last three albums were awesome, with Virstele... being the weakest of the three. OM is a disjointed, overrated mess with two truly solid songs on it. I think what it highlighted was the divergent ideas about which direction the band should go in, and so the split was actually a good thing, because we got two amazing bands instead of one. Tau and Zi come off as more focused and sincere. Can't get enough of the atmosphere on them.

Tau was terrible indeed but I agree Zi wasn't that bad. The first five songs are enjoyable, my only complain would be the last track (Marea Cea Mare) which is pretty boring. They are nowhere near as good as 'N Crugu Bradului, Om, Măiestrit and Vîrstele pămîntului though. The Dordeduh LP is miles better than Negura with only Negru imho.

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree. Om and Virstele are great and have a pretty cool atmosphere which is completely missing in Tau. Tau is just boring and uneventful, nothing happens and the sound is completely dull and uninteresting. I have listened to it many times and still can't remember a single riff.

I saw them in the last tour and it wasn't remarcable either. There were a few embarrassing moments that kind of ruined it for me.

Edited because spelling.

Last edited by k311250 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:45 pm 

k311250 wrote:
Cruciphage wrote:

Tau was terrible indeed but I agree Zi wasn't that bad. The first five songs are enjoyable, my only complain would be the last track (Marea Cea Mare) which it's pretty boring. They are nowhere near as good as 'N Crugu Bradului, Om, Măiestrit and Vîrstele pămîntului though. The Dordeduh LP is miles better than Negura with only Negru imho.

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree. Om and Virstele are great and have a pretty cool atmosphere which is completely missing in Tau. Tau is just boring and uneventful, nothing happens and the sound is completely dull and uninteresting. I have listened to it many times and still can't remember a single riff.

That's fine. I've listened to Tau quite a bit and something about it just does it for me. It has the right mix of everything I look for in atmospheric music. Zi is one I need to spend more time with. I'll confess I haven't listened to their work before OM a great deal, but I don't think it would change my opinion of the later albums.

And, admittedly, I haven't given Dordeduh enough attention, but I did enjoy Dar de Duh the few times I put it on. It felt like the natural extension of the original Negura Bunget.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 pm 

Oh, hell yeah. I'm so glad that the third installment will be released soon after all, I had already given up hope. I wonder what it will sound like.

My Last.fm

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:11 am 

I really hope this last album is a great tribute to Negura Bunget´s legacy. Last two albums were lame so I don´t have great expectations, but it would be great if they can release something good. Negura Bunget is a very important band for me and a final good album would be seriously good news.

pbarb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:25 am 

Any news on this? I’m one of the few here who really liked the direction the band took with the last few albums. Was really bummed by the death of the driving member. I really hope someone releases a quality album as a tribute to Negru and a worthy end to the Transilvanian Trilogy.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2