Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 pm 

Rain of Tears I recall liking a lot. I probably should revisit that album one of these days.

Looks like ASRA disbanded (or went on hiatus or whatever, same thing), not too happy about that. I guess this time of year there's lots of breakups and lineup changes.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:01 pm 

tahu157 wrote:
RNG wrote:
Yeah I'm finding it hard to understand who'd dislike Under The Force of Courage. That ending song is unbelievable.

Raise My Sword, Soul of the Field, and the ending title track are all stellar, but the rest of the album didn't do much for me. I'm also pretty annoyed by the starting and stopping in Soul of the Field even though it's generally a good song.

But the cool stop-start thing with growls in "Soul of the Field" is incredible. I'm down with that entire album. "The Time Before Dawn," "Rain of Tears", "The Voice of Grievous Cry", etc. are all incredible.

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 pm 

Metalucifer have released a video for their new song and it's alright:

The guitar solo doesn't disappoint and the promise of more Metalucifer is tantalizing, especially considering this song is set to be on a split with Sabbat.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 pm 

Looks like Ningen-Isu is recording... Wouldn't be surprised if they released something by the end of the year.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

I don't see Onmyouza (Onmyo-za) mentioned enough here, let's give them some love:

Unfortunately I don't own any of their albums (bloody expensive) but whatever song I put in Youtube turns out to be a great piece of music, no exceptions.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm 

Great band, one of my favorites. I own all their full-lengths and singles (bar their self-released 1st one) and most of their DVDs. Wasn't cheap :lol:

I still need to get their latest DVD.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Great band, one of my favorites. I own all their full-lengths and singles (bar their self-released 1st one) and most of their DVDs. Wasn't cheap :lol:

I still need to get their latest DVD.

Where did you get them from?

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 pm 

HMV Japan and CD Japan. Both are pretty costly though (worth it though).

RNG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:46 am 

Looks like the new Fate Gear is out. I've been curious about it since they have Mysterious Priestess' keyboardist now. Feels a bit proggy on first listen.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:06 am 

Lovebites has not yet approved? I see that Mi-ya page has been recreated, but for a long time this band don't appear on this site.

If you need all tracks for this, then this is here vk.com/wall-29645520_7880

Recent - Trivium - What The Dead Men Say
Previous - Black Rain - Gekka Bijin
Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm 

I guess no one bothered to submit it until now (TadakatsuH0nda did the honors). No one submitted 絶対倶楽部 (Zettai Club) either.

I should have that Fate Gear and MinstreliX on Monday - looking forward to hearing both of them.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:48 am 

Oh yeah, noticed Lovebites wasn't up yet somehow and since they've got such a small discography I just did up a page for them really quick. They had a nice band photo and logo ready to go too, it saved me a bunch of annoying editing of the logo for once. :P
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:07 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
絶対倶楽部 (Zettai Club)

This band was founded recently, but bassist depart.

And what genre they play? It's difficult for me to determine this.

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:22 pm 

When did their bassist quit? That's news to me. I know they had a change in guitar position awhile back though. Genre is probably some power metal variant.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:39 pm 

After 17 sept, it's written in this tweet https://twitter.com/ZETTAI_CLUB/status/ ... 2790634496

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:08 pm 

Oh crap, I missed that. Hopefully they find a good replacement. Their keyboardist is the most important one (she's the songwriter).

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:39 pm 

I'm already not surprised by this. Present days, Japanese bands lineup is changing very often. And projects live very short. But I hope that this band will be active for a long time: I like Hiroka guitar technique.

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:42 pm 

Hyungnim wrote:
I'm already not surprised by this. Present days, Japanese bands lineup is changing very often. And projects live very short. But I hope that this band will be active for a long time: I like Hiroka guitar technique.

Please don't say things like this. If Mary's Blood switches members or splits up, then Japan is fucking dead to me.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Hyungnim wrote:

Please don't say things like this. If Mary's Blood switches members or splits up, then Japan is fucking dead to me.

I thought the same about Destrose. And nothing bad happened. Yeah, Captain will never repeat that cool solo with one-handed tapping and floyd. But in Japan there are many more similar bands.

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:30 pm 

The "Similar Artists" tab for Mary's Blood is a fucking lie--the only bands even remotely similar to them are Beautiful Sin and Triosphere, and even then they're not *that* similar.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm 

^^^You bitch and whine too much. God, you're annoying...

Hyungnim wrote:

If a Japanese band lasts over a year, I'm actually surprised. Its probably a good thing they get there line-ups straightened out before going prime-time. Girl-bands are actually more volatile than usual. Then you get bands who only release a few singles at venues then break-up (good luck for anyone over here getting their hands on that). I've endured so many break-ups and line-up changes over the last 5 years that I'm completely numb to it by now.

SirAngry95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 pm 

LOL!. someone has mental issues.

anyways. i was very much impressed with Anthem's newest album and did review it for my channel. and i'm also very much looking forward to Crowley's comeback album.

Mistereyedee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Hyungnim wrote:

Just more fangirlish hyperbole. Good riddance, if and when that happens.

simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 am 

I finally have heard Fate Gear's second album OZ -Rebellion- and I've enjoyed the hell out of it. The band sounds mature in every aspect especially in the vocals and songwriting. There are more sound variety in their new album. "Queen of the War" is a gorgeous song.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:02 am 

Do you want Groove Metal?

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

namine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 am 

Perdition666 wrote:
Looks like Ningen-Isu is recording... Wouldn't be surprised if they released something by the end of the year.

Title is 異次元からの咆哮 and its released on Oct 4th in regular and limited edition (with DVD). I ran the title through google translate and it came up with "Roar from different dimensions".

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 pm 

I'm casually listening through the new Fate Gear. This sounds a lot like newer Sirenia at times. Definitely not what I was expecting given their debut.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 pm 

Disqualia went to hiatus. I knew that building a band around the nation Ibuki has no prospects.

But can this mean a Destrose reunion?

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

Hyungnim wrote:
Disqualia went to hiatus. I knew that building a band around the nation Ibuki has no prospects.

Why?

Quote:

:lol: Not a chance in hell...

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Hyungnim wrote:

Why?

All projects to which Ibuki touches, everything turns into a Around The Nation. On Disqualia last album we were surprised by the provocative theme (1st track) and blast beat (last track). She's gone. The result - band hiatus.

Perdition666 wrote:
Quote:

:lol: Not a chance in hell...

In 2017 there were several interesting reunions. Even the band 雛 -Hina- was reunited for one day.

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:28 pm 

Around the Nation was just her solo project, I don't see what the big deal is. Of course the band is on hiatus after she left - she wrote all the music and lyrics. There wasn't a blast beat on the last track and "Mad Desire" was the provocative one. The only thing I can see being problematic is she's a mother and that would making touring really inconvenient. I've seen several instances with band interviews where she couldn't attend.

If it was a band other than Destrose, I may agree with you. But I'm sure there's a lot of bad blood with the ex-members and its a very safe assumption that Mina doesn't... get along well... with most of her ex-members.

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm 

tahu157 wrote:
I'm casually listening through the new Fate Gear. This sounds a lot like newer Sirenia at times. Definitely not what I was expecting given their debut.

It's definitely an improvement over the debut (I'd have been surprised otherwise), but I'll have to hear it again since outside of the second song I'm not feeling the Sirenia comparison. I need to write a review for this (and the Lovebites EP) soon.
Shame about Disqualia...they had something unique going on in the songwriting, so losing that aspect, I'm obviously not surprised about the hiatus.

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:18 pm 

Disqualia was one of the more interesting ones out of those bands and had a lot of potential. I just hope the remaining 3 members don't become studio/session musicians. I believe the thing with Ibuki was she didn't want to be bandleader anymore and no one else in the band was up to being leader. They sure take the leader thing seriously over there.

Curious to hear what you have to say about that Lovebites EP. They're recording again, btw.

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 pm 

I've actually only heard the Lovebites EP once so far. I need to spin that one more, but I remember digging it a lot. Very polished sounding and pretty fast at times.
Weird though that I like Fate Gear's raw and kinda murky production, as it really fits the whole steampunk vibe.

And yeah, the remaining Disqualia members deserve better than "live extra/replacement" roles for touring groups or something.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:
Around the Nation was just her solo project, I don't see what the big deal is. Of course the band is on hiatus after she left - she wrote all the music and lyrics. There wasn't a blast beat on the last track and "Mad Desire" was the provocative one. The only thing I can see being problematic is she's a mother and that would making touring really inconvenient. I've seen several instances with band interviews where she couldn't attend.

I know that she's not little girl. I mean working habits: great attention to guitar parts and lyrics and little attention to the drums. And previous famous project that does not have a drummer. Coincidence?

Provocative theme - it's about song "Lady Boy". For me it was enough to translate this string "可愛いあの子はレディボーイ".

Perdition666 wrote:
If it was a band other than Destrose, I may agree with you. But I'm sure there's a lot of bad blood with the ex-members and its a very safe assumption that Mina doesn't... get along well... with most of her ex-members.

I knew about her illness, but... Bad relations with members? I suspected that Marina had a bad temper. But what's wrong with the others?

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:28 pm 

Around the Nation did have a drummer initially (it was a 4 piece), then was reduced to 2 or 3 + support members. Disqualia's drumming was actually pretty good. Disqualia themselves arranged the music, despite Ibuki being the composer. Anyway, I think your claims about them not lasting due to Ibuki are baseless and erroneous.

Dude, Mina went through band-members like crazy. I've heard that she's a bit...difficult to work with, to put things mildly. There's no doubt in my mind that she, Marina and Miho all butted heads. Hell, look at Fate Gear's lineup turnover :lol:

Mistereyedee
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm 

Hyungnim wrote:

All projects to which Ibuki touches, everything turns into a Around The Nation. On Disqualia last album we were surprised by the provocative theme (1st track) and blast beat (last track). She's gone. The result - band hiatus.

For fuck's sake, you strike me as someone who just argues for the sake of arguing. Why not just relax and enjoy music for what it is?

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:54 pm 

Liquid_Braino wrote:
tahu157 wrote:

It's definitely an improvement over the debut (I'd have been surprised otherwise), but I'll have to hear it again since outside of the second song I'm not feeling the Sirenia comparison. I need to write a review for this (and the Lovebites EP) soon.
Shame about Disqualia...they had something unique going on in the songwriting, so losing that aspect, I'm obviously not surprised about the hiatus.

The Sirenia thing definitely doesn't hold for the whole album. The third song is super folky iirc, but I think the Sirenia sound popped up a few times after that as well.

Hyungnim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am 

Perdition666 wrote:
Around the Nation did have a drummer initially (it was a 4 piece), then was reduced to 2 or 3 + support members. Disqualia's drumming was actually pretty good. Disqualia themselves arranged the music, despite Ibuki being the composer. Anyway, I think your claims about them not lasting due to Ibuki are baseless and erroneous.

Thanks for addition, I missed it. But there is definitely something here.

Perdition666 wrote:
Dude, Mina went through band-members like crazy. I've heard that she's a bit...difficult to work with, to put things mildly. There's no doubt in my mind that she, Marina and Miho all butted heads. Hell, look at Fate Gear's lineup turnover :lol:

I forgot that with her illness the psyche suffers. Now I understand why after work in Destrose with captain nobody else meets. Sometimes I see a photo of past members on Twitter, but I have not seen with captain.

By the way, about past Destrose members. Marina finally had an instagram https://www.instagram.com/hebimarina/

Spoiler: show

Next - Miyu - Meta-Loid

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 84  Next