Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:38 am 

Disillusion will release a new studio album in March 2016. Source : the band announced it on the Leipzig gig yesterday, along with playing a new song called "Alea", which was an epic 11 minute piece featuring an on stage trumpet. The song was closer to bttos style than Gloria, but not copying the first album. I was kind of blown away by it. (the announcement as well as the song).

Edit :
Oh yeah the new song was recorded on video as well so prepare for a live video soon

Jebator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:46 am 

Fucking finally.

Saw them live a few months ago while performing the whole "Splendour" album. The guys were slightly taken aback because of all the enthusiastic crowd feedback (who wouldn't be enthusiastic, it's just one of the best metal albums ever) so I guess it sparked more fire back into them.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:35 pm 

interesting...
i did quite like splendour despite me usually not at all liking albums in that style.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:53 pm 

Good news if it's more like Splendour, such a great album. I'm looking forward to this!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

the_bard_of_osyrhia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:35 pm 

This is honestly the best news I've had in years. Disillusion have been one of my staunch favourite bands for over ten years and I never thought I'd hear anything new from them. They've covered a lot of different ground but it's all been excellent on many levels. I can't fucking wait for the new album!

http://www.last.fm/user/Argaalofthemyst

eViLbOrIs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:44 pm 

Wow. This is shocking, and very welcome, news. I've been checking their website a couple of times a year since the release of Gloria, but had give up most hope a long time ago. Based on the strength of their two lps, this band deserves much more recognition than they get; although I suppose releasing two albums in 16 years isn't really a good way to stay on the tip of the music world's tongue.
Both albums are very different from each other, and from almost anything else I've ever heard. Pure visionary quality.
Good trades with: Satan_Laughs (x2), thrashbeast, jthompson (x2), Groanofthewind, Mantis44 (x2), Decry, Igor, Kelibat, Madcow, Vakshay, Mespheber, Lord_Domitian, orionmetalhead, J, mightypeniz, Jacobo123 etc...

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 pm 

Wow, haven't seen a couple of these posters in quite some time. Guess we all come out of the woodwork for a new album by a long-inactive band!

Anyway, Splendor was decent but quite overrated; horrible vocals pretty much from beginning to end and only one truly great song (Fall, obvz). So many of the riffs and vocal patterns and harsh/nasally-clean interplay were just too redolent of -core crap to me. Gloria, on the other hand features ostensibly worse influences (from nu-metal to stock standard industrial rock) but somehow manages to do something much more original and elegant with them. It isn't a perfect album by any means but it knows exactly what it wants to be and does that really well.

Looking forward to the new album but if it's just Splendor 2.0, count me out.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

eViLbOrIs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:52 pm 

Well, March 2016 has come and (long) gone with no new Disillusion album, BUT(!!!) a new ten minute single was released today, and it's at least as much as I could highly hope for. A splendid and glorious melding of the sounds they established on their first two LP's, with a few subtle new ingredients to freshen up the recipe. The vocals are a bit subdued compared to the older material, but rest assured Disillusion 2016 still lacks nothing for epicness, theatricality, and seamless songwriting. Those ten listening minutes went by very fast.
Can't wait for the new album.
Between this, the new Opeth, and Madder Mortem finally releasing a new album in just 21 days, my musical 2016 is wrapping up quite nicely.
Good trades with: Satan_Laughs (x2), thrashbeast, jthompson (x2), Groanofthewind, Mantis44 (x2), Decry, Igor, Kelibat, Madcow, Vakshay, Mespheber, Lord_Domitian, orionmetalhead, J, mightypeniz, Jacobo123 etc...

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:06 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qfrconI1RI

I enjoyed it. Wasn't high heights of what I hoped but we're talking a 10 year drought from this band.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:32 pm 

Yes, the single is excellent. I was expecting an album though, but somehow I can't be disappointed. It's the first new material in ten years and approaches the great material of BTTOS once again. I seriously hope for an album in 2017. There are some shows coming up, maybe they will reveal even more material.
So far the 10 minutes offer a huge amount of stuff to discover and great songwriting with an amazing conclusion. Metal and real brass can work together well under the right circumstances.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:50 pm 

The new Gatecreeper is better.

the_bard_of_osyrhia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:52 pm 

I really enjoy the new song. I feel that the vocal arrangements really stand out. Disillusion were always excellent at that and Gloria, even with all of its bizarre effects and such, took it to another level which is continued here.
I only learnt about the existence of this song the day it came out though so it was a fantastic surprise.
Here's to the eventual album!

http://www.last.fm/user/Argaalofthemyst

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:52 pm 

rexxz wrote:

Oh absolutely. There is no comparison. It's the best album of 2016 easily. Even Albums from 1987 can't compare.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:09 pm 

rexxz wrote:

why wrote:
Oh absolutely. There is no comparison. It's the best album of 2016 easily. Even Albums from 1987 can't compare.

Lol what is this inside joke between you two?

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:10 pm 

lol no I was just making fun of his comment in the Gatecreeper thread when I noticed he said the same thing in the NP thread so I figured I'd mess with him but he was a good sport about it :lol:

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:19 pm 

rexxz wrote:
lol no I was just making fun of his comment in the Gatecreeper thread when I noticed he said the same thing in the NP thread so I figured I'd mess with him but he was a good sport about it :lol:

I see. :lol:

Reply to topic