Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:54 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Ill Nino still exists?! I haven't heard that band mentioned in almost ten years.

I thought the same thing awhile ago when I was awalking and saw a guy wearing one of their shirts.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:19 am 

Oddeye wrote:
Really looking forward to this. Scourge of Iron is one of my favorite CC-songs of all time so I hope they write some songs in that vein.

This. Scourge is my favorite CC song. Those riffs are devastating.

And in the vein of 'Hammer Smashed Face'! That's right up there with 'Scourge' for me.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
I was just starting to wonder, since Torture came out two years ago, though it doesn't seem like it. Very curious as to how it will sound, since the guy that did the new Deicide is doing this one.

Well the new Deicide sounded marginally better than the previous few but nowhere near the quality of 'Torture', why not just use the same guy again? That sound was pretty unbeatable...

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 am 

Lagartija wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:
I was just starting to wonder, since Torture came out two years ago, though it doesn't seem like it. Very curious as to how it will sound, since the guy that did the new Deicide is doing this one.

Well the new Deicide sounded marginally better than the previous few but nowhere near the quality of 'Torture', why not just use the same guy again? That sound was pretty unbeatable...

"We've done three records [2006's 'Kill', 2009's 'Evisceration Plague' and 2012's 'Torture'] with Erik [Rutan, HATE ETERNAL] and all three of them turned out incredible; we're so happy with the production. But at the same time, we haven't worked with a different producer since 2003, when we worked with Neil [Kernon] on 'The Wretched Spawn'. So, really, when you're in a career for a long time, like we are, occasionally changing the people you work with, or changing the location of where you're working, can just help you feel more motivated to work, really. And we thought, 'OK, we've done these three records with Erik that were so successful, he did such a great job, but let's leave it at that for now, and maybe try working with Mark.' Since their studio is also very close to us. Both Erik and Mark's studios are down here in central Florida. So we figured, why not give it a try? Just to do something a little different; we'll see. But we would not rule out working with Erik again. He's awesome and we consider him a brother of the band, so working with Erik Rutan could certainly happen again in the future."

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 pm 

Quote:

Quote:
"We've done three records [2006's 'Kill', 2009's 'Evisceration Plague' and 2012's 'Torture'] with Erik [Rutan, HATE ETERNAL] and all three of them turned out incredible; we're so happy with the production. But at the same time, we haven't worked with a different producer since 2003, when we worked with Neil [Kernon] on 'The Wretched Spawn'. So, really, when you're in a career for a long time, like we are, occasionally changing the people you work with, or changing the location of where you're working, can just help you feel more motivated to work, really. And we thought, 'OK, we've done these three records with Erik that were so successful, he did such a great job, but let's leave it at that for now, and maybe try working with Mark.' Since their studio is also very close to us. Both Erik and Mark's studios are down here in central Florida. So we figured, why not give it a try? Just to do something a little different; we'll see. But we would not rule out working with Erik again. He's awesome and we consider him a brother of the band, so working with Erik Rutan could certainly happen again in the future."

Good stuff.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:02 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:

Riiiiiight, that makes perfect sense... "Let's change something that has worked brilliantly the last few times for something completely new that we have no idea how it's going to work out" :???:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:38 am 

I'd be really surprised if the album had a distinctly different sound even though it has a new producer. Cannibal definitely know how they want to sound and they aren't very experimental when it comes to that, so I really don't think we need to worry. I'm also surprised they're not using Erik but I'm still confident the album will be awesome.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:30 pm 

I think it was a cross between something different and that Erik Rutan wasn't able to.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:

Riiiiiight, that makes perfect sense... "Let's change something that has worked brilliantly the last few times for something completely new that we have no idea how it's going to work out" :???:

Because to get more of their creative juices flowing, maybe a different environment and producer will help? Things don't work in such a blunt, linear fashion all the time you know. And he said it himself, " when you're in a career for a long time, like we are, occasionally changing the people you work with, or changing the location of where you're working, can just help you feel more motivated to work, really."

It does make perfect sense. Unless you don't understand it.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm 

Rutan's plate has been pretty full for a while now with albums he's produced and likely has lined up in the future to include new Hate Eternal somewhere down the line, and Lewis produced the Conquering Dystopia debut as perhaps some sort of trial run for Alex to see how they'd work together. Even then, I wouldn't surmise the new Cannibal Corpse to sound like CD. Mark's openly stated that he takes an entirely fresh approach to tones with each album he works on and while I'm not exactly a doting fan of every band or project he's been involved with, that rings generally true to my ears.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 pm 

TheJizzHammer wrote:
They killed it live when I saw em' last summer

Same. My second time seeing CC and it was fantastic. Flawless performances. Very loud. Great choices for the song list. Torture and Hammer Smashed Face were amazing live, especially. I won't miss them next time they come around. Great show.

TypeONegativeFangirl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:31 pm 

I honestly think that CC hasn't released anything worth giving a damn about since maybe Bloodthirst, but I'm still curious as to how this might work out. I pretty much forgot what most of Kill and Torture sounded like, so I'm curious as to what 2014 Cannibal Corpse will be like.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
Rutan's plate has been pretty full for a while now with albums he's produced and likely has lined up in the future to include new Hate Eternal somewhere down the line, and Lewis produced the Conquering Dystopia debut as perhaps some sort of trial run for Alex to see how they'd work together. Even then, I wouldn't surmise the new Cannibal Corpse to sound like CD. Mark's openly stated that he takes an entirely fresh approach to tones with each album he works on and while I'm not exactly a doting fan of every band or project he's been involved with, that rings generally true to my ears.

I can only imagine how Belphegor will sound, since they worked on that for two years.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm 

Vince just posted that the cover will be done at the end of May.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:34 pm 

01. High Velocity Impact Spatter
02. Sadistic Embodiment
03. Kill Or Become
04. A Skeletal Domain
05. Headlong Into Carnage
06. The Murderer's Pact
07. Funeral Cremation
08. Icepick Lobotomy
09. Vector Of Cruelty
10. Bloodstained Cement
11. Asphyxiate To Resuscitate
12. Hollowed Bodies

Personally, I dont like the artwork, but some interesting song titles.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:44 pm 

The artwork is pretty different for them, but still interesting. The song titles are great. Completely brutal.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:11 pm 

I think it's a bit too cartoony to be a Canniabal Corpse cover, and the boring font that barely stands out doesn't help.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:14 pm 

The longer I look at it the more I start to like it, and High Velocity Impact Spatter is an amazing song title.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:22 pm 

Reminds me of that cover art, I like it. It's more subtle than their usual stuff. http://www.metal-archives.com/images/3/ ... 0.jpg?1455

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:28 pm 

Really looking forward to this!

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 pm 

Some of those song titles sound like Suffocations ones

LeonardoS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:43 pm 

What a great artwork... It's diffrent, and I like it.
looking forward too

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 pm 

Favorite song title is "Asphyxiate to Resuscitate". Artwork's pretty cool too. Definitely a change of pace for them.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

adace
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:58 pm 

Their best album art yet. Can't wait!

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:23 pm 

Sweeet. I am a fan of the art this time around. Song titles meh but that's to be expected at this point.

LeonardoS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:00 pm 

In my opinion, Torture is a hell of an album. Great riffs.
Can't wait for this.

Kronarr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 pm 

deleted.

Last edited by Kronarr on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 pm 

I... I never thought I'd see the day where Cannibal broke from a tried and true formula. Granted, it's just the cover art and apparently it's still Vincent Locke, but it's a pretty jarring stylistic change. That said, I actually like it a lot. Hopefully the music doesn't stray from the path too much. Generally I welcome experimentation because I hate it when things get stagnant, but Cannibal is one of the rare exceptions where they do what they do so frickin' well that I really can't imagine them doing anything else.

Also, "High Velocity Impact Splatter" may have just surpassed "Blowtorch Slaughter" as my favorite title of theirs.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Alsandair
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:01 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Also, "High Velocity Impact Splatter" may have just surpassed "Blowtorch Slaughter" as my favorite title of theirs.

That's 'spatter' thank you very much. :wink:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm 

Yeah I just realized that.... Damned, splatter is such a better word than spatter. YOU ALMOST GOT IT RIGHT CANNIBAL CORPSE!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 pm 

Yeah, very subtle and atmospheric artwork. Possibly the best they've had. I really like the coloring.

And for what it's worth, "Kill or Become" is my favorite of the song titles. Actually, none of em are bad which seems rare for a modern Cannibal Corpse album. Very stoked for this.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:53 pm 

Icepick Lobotomy is just a great title.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:51 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Icepick Lobotomy is just a great title.

Well, it is a little unwhelming if you knew that Lobotomies were at one point used with icepicks (Transorbital Lobotomy), though the lyrics will be fuckin' brutal if it is about the couple times the icepicks BROKE in some skulls DURING the lobotomy
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 am 

It looks to me like a page in a comic book than an actual album cover. Other than Torture, I dont think theyve had a really good cover since the Barnes days. Most of the Fisher one's are too goofy looking.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:49 am 

This will surely deliver. I dig the artwork, too. Interested to hear how the production might be different from the last album since they changed things up studio and producer-wise.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:22 am 

I dig it. Like the cover art. Like the song titles. Pleasantly suprised they've got it out so relatively quickly after Torture. It's been what, two and a half years? Couldn't blame them for taking more like three and a half, especially with their advancing age and various side projects.

Also pleasantly surprised they're back in Australia again in September despite being here earlier this year. I still haven't had the chance to see them live.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:47 am 

I agree that the new look is different, but it makes me very optimistic. The last few albums have been good, but the far away bleakness of this one almost gives off a Hell Awaits vibe. I wonder if the sound will be any more old-school than usual.

Titles are great too \m/

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:55 am 

Is too much to ask a return to the glories of 'Tomb Of The Mutilated', 'Vile' or 'Bloodthirst'?
Please stop jerking off with these technical shit.

As for the cover art I like it, diverse yes, but still brutal.

"You make it easy."

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:14 am 

The Lions Den wrote:
Is too much to ask a return to the glories of 'Tomb Of The Mutilated', 'Vile' or 'Bloodthirst'?

As for the cover art I like it, diverse yes, but still brutal.

Pat wrote at least half the album, or as Alex put it "more than anyone else", so it's probably going to be more complex. Hopefully we'll hear something in a month.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 am 

The Lions Den wrote:

Vile is the band's most technical album. Listen to "Perverse Suffering"; it's unnecessarily technical, but completely awesome. Bloodthirst is more on the technical side too.

With that said, if Pat wrote most of this album it is going to be crazy technical, but also really catchy because it means Paul did the vocal lines.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next