Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:27 pm 

ThrashAD720 wrote:
What are the differences between the Xentrix re-issue that Metal Mind Mind did in 07 compared to the ones Dissonance Productions released??

I only own the Metal Mind reissues but looking at discogs they look identical to me.

untappd: patrick_g

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:29 pm 

The In the Name of Gore split from Exhumed and Hemdale is finally getting a reissue and also coming to vinyl for the first time. Pretty big news for gore freaks.

https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item- ... gpID=36858

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:28 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
ThrashAD720 wrote:
What are the differences between the Xentrix re-issue that Metal Mind Mind did in 07 compared to the ones Dissonance Productions released??

I only own the Metal Mind reissues but looking at discogs they look identical to me.

I also have the Metal Mind one, so there's no point in rebuying these CDs.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 pm 

Dissonance Records just announced a reissue of Uncle Slam's Will Work For Food and When God Dies. I already have the former album, but not the latter so I ordered the package.

They actually have a ton of cool reissues in their store, and the prices are fairly reasonable. I picked up the Samson boxset too.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
Dissonance Records just announced a reissue of Uncle Slam's Will Work For Food and When God Dies. I already have the former album, but not the latter so I ordered the package.

They actually have a ton of cool reissues in their store, and the prices are fairly reasonable. I picked up the Samson boxset too.

Perfect timing too because lately I’ve been seriously regretting selling those 2 years back.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 am 

I guess they aren't doing the first Uncle Slam album since Divebomb Records released it almost 4 years ago.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm 

I'm not too sure how the rights work for Uncle Slam because the Divebomb guy (Matt) has actually reissued that first album multiple times, and he very recently reissued the pre-Uncle Slam band The Brood (which is killer). But for some reason he has never done the two later Uncle Slam records. I'm sure Matt has mentioned it at some point, but I can't really recall.

Interestingly, I did see a comment on YouTube from one of the Uncle Slam guys suggesting that they felt pressured into writing music a certain way on When God Dies. A very common story, I'm sure, but I look forward to hearing it to find out.

ThrashAD720
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
I'm not too sure how the rights work for Uncle Slam because the Divebomb guy (Matt) has actually reissued that first album multiple times, and he very recently reissued the pre-Uncle Slam band The Brood (which is killer). But for some reason he has never done the two later Uncle Slam records. I'm sure Matt has mentioned it at some point, but I can't really recall.

Interestingly, I did see a comment on YouTube from one of the Uncle Slam guys suggesting that they felt pressured into writing music a certain way on When God Dies. A very common story, I'm sure, but I look forward to hearing it to find out.

Yea, I see it now, one from 2010 and the one from 2020, so I don't need to get both versions??

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 2:53 pm 

Apparently In Flames is reissuing Lunar Strain, Colony, Siren Charms, and Soundtrack on vinyl. Preorders for various versions are ongoing.

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 am 

Desultory - Darkness Falls (The Early Years) CD/MC/LP
Includes the three demos. CD out 6th June, LP and MC 4th July.
https://darknessshallrise.de/?s=desulto ... aa03aaca95

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27