Diamhea wrote:
The long pined-for "The Fall of Russ"

Spoiler: show

I posted it two days ago. :)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:22 pm 

Gah!

You didn't embed so I must have glanced right over it. Oh well...worth seeing again...and again..
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:10 pm 

That Cloven Hoof video is hilarious. I'm surprised he's even able to belt out those falsettos while completely trashed. I mean sure, it's not like he's even singing anything, but still.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:31 pm 

Found a video I feel is worthy of resurrecting this thread.

Through a combination of numerous missed notes and pointless oversinging, James Labrie ruins this performance of Afterlife. I guarantee you Portnoy would not have allowed this to happen.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:24 pm 

LaBrie was about to be fired around 2000 or something? Not only Portnoy, but Petrucci also talked to him to get his shit together, stop sucking and work on his voice once and for all. In fact, Petrucci is not a fan of his vocal style anymore but he just accepts him as part of the DT sound - hey, when Portnoy left the band, it was said one of the real reasons for his departure was he threatened the band to leave unless LaBrie was out. The rest of the guys sided with James.

James is obviously the weakest link of the band and Portnoy is way better than Mangini - as a drummer in terms of playing and sound. Also, I preferred the Portnoy fan-oriented nature of the setlists. They just got lazier (even Petrucci got fat, mind you).

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:55 pm 

Subrick wrote:

Through a combination of numerous missed notes and pointless oversinging, James Labrie ruins this performance of Afterlife. I guarantee you Portnoy would not have allowed this to happen.

I have no idea what LaBrie's singing about during that performance. His vowels sound really unclear to me but oh man, does he sound awkward or what. :durr:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:38 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Xes ... 3540395809
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:45 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Leaving aside the stupid dance and backscreen, I have the impression she's singing on a different key than the rest of the band, unless is intentional and their music is simply terribly written.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:54 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
Leaving aside the stupid dance and backscreen, I have the impression she's singing on a different key than the rest of the band, unless is intentional and their music is simply terribly written.

Last.fm

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:58 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Subrick wrote:

I have no idea what LaBrie's singing about during that performance. His vowels sound really unclear to me but oh man, does he sound awkward or what. :durr:

Sounds about normal to me. :p

God he sucks.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:58 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
LaBrie was about to be fired around 2000 or something? Not only Portnoy, but Petrucci also talked to him to get his shit together, stop sucking and work on his voice once and for all.

Back in 2002, actually.

I'm really not a fan of how Dream Theater's progressed since Portnoy quit. The band felt a lot more fun when he was the drummer. Nowadays they just come across as overly serious and clinical, the latter point being because they play to click tracks with Mangini while Portnoy didn't, plus Portnoy's crazy perfectionism and attention to detail would have stopped something idiotic from happening like James oversinging in the clip I posted. The songs themselves aren't as interesting to me either. It just feels like a completely different band without Portnoy, and that's absolutely for the worse.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:11 pm 

I think the major problem of Portnoyless DT is they are playing super safe material. Both albums are just rehashed sections of previous works, so for plenty of fans sound like 'return to form' things. To me are albums that I don't think of listening again. At least Portnoy wanted to experiment - for the better or the worse. Mangini lacks the MP presence and 'frontman' like charisma - cause LaBrie wasn't the frontman, just the godawful singer. I guess that's one of the reasons James doesn't want Portnoy back ever.

Diamhea wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:

I'll check it out better at home, since I'm using an integrated single-speaker pc as a current audio source. She's off key at the start, it seems.

LefterisK
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:27 pm 

Played live 10 times in total; 9 of them are with a failed drum fill and hardly tight drumming overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=70&v=x71I2YbVT2s

Having watched all 'Frayed Ends' performances to date, I am starting to think that the reason why Lars always messes up that certain fill (apart from the fact that he never practices) is the fact that he doesn't play the slow roll, that precedes that triplet fill, correctly. To me, this slower roll is never played steadily; it looks like he's unsure about the hits on the toms and that ruins the whole thing as he is never on time to do the faster triplets. That's why he plays (almost) the same fill in the beginning of 'Blackened' without difficulty (if you exclude the barely audible kick drums).

Yes it is.

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:28 pm 

Not metal, but the glammed-out Sunset Strip line up of Discharge (with Cal at the height of his Axl Rose phase) was very entertaining.

Nolan_B
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:27 am 

Still thrashing out d-beats proper. As long as they don't play Grave New World material it still rules. Kind of like Celtic Frost live in 1989 playing Therion songs. Still a shitload of fun.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:14 pm 

Resurrecting this thread entirely because of this new disaster of a clip that just came out.

The band is Azazel from Finland. Apparently the band got trashed beyond belief before the gig (at 4:30 PM on a Friday) and this is the result.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:01 pm 

I had the dubious pleasure of playing on the same gig as the guitarist's other band. Between some of them not being able to tune, let alone play their own instruments, a bunch of sieg heiling, and this same bloke pissing on stage, and later starting to pass out backstage after apparently drinking cough syrup, it was a fairly retarded show as well. Azazel takes the cake, of course.

frostyj66
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 pm 

Wow some shockers in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_u0MkyP6uA

This was taken from a 'pro' shot 2004 concert during Kataklysm's 'Serenity in Fire' tour. It's a retarded performance but not for reasons you think...

1 minute mark a drunk ass girl stumbles on stage, knocks over the equipment and brings the song (ironically their fastest) to a crashing halt... except for the drummer who just keeps blasting away.

Maurizio tries to get the vocals going again but then just laughs at the ridiculousness of it all.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:50 pm 

Pretty sure there's another video in this legendary thread of Azazel, and they're all drunk as shit in that one too.

But man the vocalist accidentally spilling the beer on himself at like 5:50 is the funniest thing I've seen in a minute

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm 

Here's a video I found recently, of Old Man's Child playing "Doommaker" at Wacken 1998. Galder's vocals here are absolutely horrible and Jardar's guitar is completely silent...

Necrobiotik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 pm 

frostyj66 wrote:
Wow some shockers in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_u0MkyP6uA

This was taken from a 'pro' shot 2004 concert during Kataklysm's 'Serenity in Fire' tour. It's a retarded performance but not for reasons you think...

1 minute mark a drunk ass girl stumbles on stage, knocks over the equipment and brings the song (ironically their fastest) to a crashing halt... except for the drummer who just keeps blasting away.

Maurizio tries to get the vocals going again but then just laughs at the ridiculousness of it all.

:lol: Great thread ressurection.

I like this one. Not a famous band but right at lhe start of the song the girl announces the title and seems not to realize or care about the laughs of the crowd.

https://youtu.be/MN6XIK-oBfw

Edit: about drunkasses on stage:
https://youtu.be/OoijuU0k-As

At 3 minute mark, after she fall to the stage before the band she was so excited and/or drunk that Dirk Schröder stares to her because she don't get off the stage.But the roadie comes and put she out .

Last edited by Necrobiotik on Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 am 

true_death wrote:
Here's a video I found recently, of Old Man's Child playing "Doommaker" at Wacken 1998. Galder's vocals here are absolutely horrible and Jardar's guitar is completely silent...

Fixed your link for you. Remember to take out the "s" in "https" when embedding.

Here's another Wacken 1998 video, this time of Borknagar. It's not as comically bad as the Old Man's Child video, but it's still pretty lame, particularly from Vortex. He's just so off in this video.

Necrobiotik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:22 am 

A "old but gold" one. King Diamond singing sick on MTV its just disgusting to see and hear.
https://youtu.be/vEWmroZQKeM

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:54 am 

Perhaps not as painful as some of the videos posted, but Carcass's live version of Heartwork on Wacken 2008 completely butchers the intro solo, it almost sounds like an off tuned parody version of it :lol:

trommnorse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 am 

I've been a Dark Funeral fan since highschool but haven't managed to see them live until 2016. Once they were to play in my city but, unfortunately, a plane crashed in Russia with a number of our politicianson board (I'm Polish), so we had this national mourning day and the gig was cancelled. I will never know if the concert would be any good (probably, with Caligula on vocs), but the gig at Brutal Assault 2016 was just horrible. Just fucking unbearable. This band is a joke live. This new vocalist is a hoarse midget with no scenic charisma. The drummer is the Devil himself, but there was something wrong with the sound system and I've only heard like a ride and half of the twin. The biggest disappointment I suffered recently.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 am 

I'm gonna officially rechristen this thread with that legendary video of Portrait's awful fill in singer from many years ago. It's still a hoot to watch.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:01 pm 

I don't have a video, just an anecdote. Years ago, I saw Cradle of Filth at OzzFest. Dani Filth's voice cracked during a song. Like a puberty-addled teenager.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:00 pm 

i saw portrait on that tour and it just wasnt right and everbody agreed. Fucking opened for Evile too ugh, the first band was actually one of the better newer crossover bands though.
I saw portrait again literally 3 months later with the normal singer at KIT and it was so much better.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:29 pm 

The worst thing about the Portrait singer, was that the band never explained what the situation was. I remember clearly, everyone thinking that he was the official new vocalist of the band because they couldn't even be bothered to explain he was just a fill-in...it really bothered me because I was obsessed with their masterpiece "Crimen Laesae Majestitis Divinae" (still am!) and was worried that such a change would totally kill the band. It was even worse a year or so later, when one of the guitarists quit and he vandalized their Facebook page & websites, saying they had broken up and I was heartbroken until a few months later when the band actually bothered to fix it :lol:. I think they ended up writing "Our Roads Must Never Cross", about that guy...

Element_man
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm 

The year is 1983. The place is San Bernardino, California. The legendary 1983 US Festival is taking place, with its famed "Heavy Metal Day" taking place on Sunday, May 29th. The lineup featured performances by legends and luminaries such as Triumph, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Scorpion, Motley Crue and Quiet Riot. Headlining this dazzling billing is Van Halen, who were paid an unheard-of (at that time) one million dollars for a two-hour set, the most a band had ever been paid for a single performance in music history.

This is what they paid for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igdZKgESbJU

One hundred and twenty minutes of blatant, unrepentant, complete-fucking-glorious slop.

Every band member has dumpsters-worth of funny/cringy material but the real MVP here is, unsurprisingly, sir David Lee Roth. One of my personal highlights is 21:30, where he slurs thusly:

Quote:
Hey, man. Don't be squirtin' water at me; I'll fuck yer girlfriend PAAAAALLLLL

Other key moments include his performance during "Runnin' With The Devil" and his various outfits throughout the set.

Fucking gold. Further laughs can be had at Ozzy's performance (though the band itself is quite good) and the bowl of pig shit offered by Crue. Be sure to watch The Scorp, Priest and Triumph make everyone else sound like a bunch of fucking infants.
Heavy Metal. No new shit.
Encloaked
Dungeon Synth/Fantasy Ambient

Last edited by Element_man on Wed May 24, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necrobiotik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:03 pm 

its my PC or the youtube vids are not appearing in the embedding ?

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm 

Subrick wrote:

Here's another Wacken 1998 video, this time of Borknagar. It's not as comically bad as the Old Man's Child video, but it's still pretty lame, particularly from Vortex. He's just so off in this video.

From what I remember talking with Jens, he said they had a tour in 1997 with COF that was atrocious with Vortex as singer, as both joined the band to play live. According to him, the Wacken show was more like a bad day for them since the monitoring was terrible and they were totally unable to hear themselves - a similar thing that happened to them in 2009 when they performed Colossus with Vintersorg as frontman.

This is just months after the video you posted and Vortex sounds great (they also got Nick Barker on drums, so it sounds tight as hell)

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 pm 

Element_man wrote:
The year is 1983. The place is San Bernardino, California. The legendary 1983 US Festival is taking place, with its famed "Heavy Metal Day" taking place on Sunday, May 29th. The lineup featured performances by legends and luminaries such as Triumph, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Scorpion, Motley Crue and Quiet Riot. Headlining this dazzling billing is Van Halen, who were paid an unheard-of (at that time) one million dollars for a two-hour set, the most a band had ever been paid for a single performance in music history.

This is what they paid for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igdZKgESbJU

One hundred and eighty minutes of blatant, unrepentant, complete-fucking-glorious slop.

Every band member has dumpsters-worth of funny/cringy material but the real MVP here is, unsurprisingly, sir David Lee Roth. One of my personal highlights is 21:30, where he slurs thusly:

Quote:
Hey, man. Don't be squirtin' water at me; I'll fuck yer girlfriend PAAAAALLLLL

Other key moments include his performance during "Runnin' With The Devil" and his various outfits throughout the set.

Fucking gold. Further laughs can be had at Ozzy's performance (though the band itself is quite good) and the bowl of pig shit offered by Crue. Be sure to watch The Scorp, Priest and Triumph make everyone else sound like a bunch of fucking infants.

LOL at 22:04 "You are a rowdy bunch of motherfuckerrrssss-ehh!"

Necrobiotik wrote:

No, it's the same here.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:14 pm 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Necrobiotik wrote:

No, it's the same here.

Same, it only shows grey nothingness.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm 

yeah, me too....I thought it was just my computer

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 pm 

See, I thought it was because people weren't embedding the videos right (you hafta remove the "s" in "https" when embedding, otherwise it won't show up), but that's not the case. Embedding just isn't working right now.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 pm 

Subrick wrote:
See, I thought it was because people weren't embedding the videos right (you hafta remove the "s" in "https" when embedding, otherwise it won't show up), but that's not the case. Embedding just isn't working right now.

I was wondering what you were talking about :lol:. I have literally never removed the "s", though, and it's always showed up...at least for me!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:29 pm 

It used to not work if you left it as "https". Maybe that got fixed, but I've always taken the "s" out anyway, so I wouldn't know.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:27 am 

Actually, I did think of another one. Surprised I forgot to mention this: My first concert was Megadeth, with Life of Agony and Coal Chamber (just before they took off) opening.

Life of Agony was the first band, or at least early enough that there weren't many people there and the crowds weren't particularly active yet. They kept trying to get the crowd pumped up, but it wasn't happening. The singer, who was the guy from Ugly Kid Joe as I recall, did a stage dive and... no one caught him. He got back on stage and was super pissed. He berated the crowd until everyone was chanting "Mega-deth! Mega-deth!" at the band. A rather embarrassing showing for LoA.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I was watching some live vids of Arch/Matheos *cough-FW-cough* and stumbled upon Tateryche's pro shot from past october:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0M5kPKVHw

... This guy used to be one of the greatest singers around, not he's just a mere shadow of himself! yet he's not the major problem here, his live band FUCKING SUCKS!!!

Another one I saw after that, also terrible IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LavZr9jyXCA

I want to bring this one back cause it was the one I was trying to find for a while. Terrible on so many levels. A seriously deflated band that looked like, as one commentor dubbed, "Duck dynasty with a genie". Awful mixing, Tate's lameness in full effect, the zero chemistry, etc. The fake keyboard playing in the beginning will make Diamhea enraged.

This concert was in 2013, which was prime time for that Queensryche name battle. That alone tells you this performance was litigation fuel. How people were able to sit through an hour of that is beyond me.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next