Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 pm 

I love this band so I must do a quick plug here too.

The new album "V" will be out in November

Pre-order info

For Americas:
Ltd. 2xLP Clear vinyl / patch / CD / T-shirt available from the band

Europe & ROW
2xLP black / gold / silver / CD / T-shirt available from Napalm Records

http://www.theflightofsleipnir.bigcartel.com/

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/theflightofsleipnir

Anyone else into them?

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:48 pm 

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea they had a new one coming out.

I randomly discovered them earlier this year and was pretty much blown away. I think Saga popped up on the YouTube sidebar or something and I gave it a whirl because the band name and album title sounded epic. Afterward, I went to their BigCartel store and ordered everything I could. Essence of Nine is still my favorite but everything they've released is solid gold, some of the most truly moving music I've personally listened to.

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 pm 

Aye! Feel the same way.
Just mind-blowing riffs and moods throughout.

I first heard "Lore" back when it came out and it was an instant hook. Been a fan ever since.

Glad to see more people into them

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:52 pm 

That cover reminds me of Mournful Congregation's "Concrescence of the Sophia" EP, which also came out this year.

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 pm 

^^^

It's the same artist http://www.djcsicselyillustration.com/albumscovers.html

Cruciphage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:40 pm 

scentofdeath wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's even the exact same woman. Their faces are angled differently but the eyes, cheek and jaw structure all look nearly identical. Same model, probably.

That's one of the things I like about The Flight of Sleipnir: the aesthetic value of their releases. I have the A5 versions of Saga, Essence of Nine, and Ascension and they're all gorgeous.

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:32 pm 

I am pretty interested to hear this. I reaaaally love Lore and Essence of Nine, but I never got into the last album. Hoping this new one will grab me like those earlier records did.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:50 am 

Oh! I adore TFOS and I'm absolutely stoked for this one. :hyper: Great artwork and yea, David has done the Mournful Congregation cover too but I like the V. cover even more.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am 

Bumping this. A song entitled "Gullveig" surfaced a couple of hours ago and it sounds fuckin' incredible.

Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Valenten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 pm 

Thanks for sharing the news.

It's definitely the kind of band that is making me feel undecided. Their artwork and concepts are great. The music is not really my style but I can only acknowledge that it is great quality music.

Should I listen several times to the albums to force myself to like it :D ?

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:47 pm 

^^^
Some of their stuff definitely requires some patient listening as they have a progressive approach to songwriting, but it's there man. The delivery is amazing every time.

There's also some tracks with instant hooks like this one: http://theflightofsleipnir.bandcamp.com/track/legends

When I heard that track I was addicted instantly and got my full attention from there onward.

I find The Flight of Sleipnir very unique in their approach to doom, norse inspired folk, and I think they have a good Pink Floyd vibe in the whole mix. It's as if Pink Floyd played some heavy doom-ish viking metal if that makes any sense :)

One thing though, don't listen to them on computer speakers, you will miss a lot of discreet tones and yummy details.

Valenten
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:50 am 

yeah, I really need to give them more attention. I will listen again when this new album is released I guess :)

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm 

Bump for new track streaming at Decibel:

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-the-flight-of-sleipnir-the-casting/

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:08 am 

^ Can't hear it. It kinda streams upto 15 second and stops. Maybe something wrong with the upload.

Last.fm

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:22 pm 

Try here: https://soundcloud.com/napalmrecords/the-flight-of-sleipnir-the-casting/s-Ut9mH

Hatman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Bumping this. A song entitled "Gullveig" surfaced a couple of hours ago and it sounds fuckin' incredible.

Heard that when it popped up on my YouTube subscription feed. It did sound great, I'm definitely going to give this band a good listen when I get out of the black/death metal mood I've been in recently.

MorbidBlood wrote:
It's just too brutal for the normal listeners.

doomster999

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:54 am 

scentofdeath wrote:

Sounds great. But I'd love to hear more of those harmonized clean vocals. There seems to be an abundance of foresty black metal screams already with these two tracks.

Last.fm

scentofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 pm 

Bump for new track / official video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwcjllQb6s

doomster999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am 

Great album. Maybe their most mature and tightest output so far. But I need some more time to appreciate it to the fullest.

Last.fm

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:35 pm 

I bought one of the pre-order bundles in October. It still hasn't arrrived and the band isn't responding. Anyone else have a similar problem?

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:37 pm 

^^ I just got my order yesterday so wait a few more days. I have ordered from the band several times with no issues.

Reply to topic