* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:55 pm 

mark of the devil wrote:
Diocletian-The Gesunderan
....Sample so far sounds like they have incorporated some Angelcorpse in their sound. I like.

Indeed there's some similarity. Sounds quite good.

omikiron666 wrote:
I am looking forward to the debut album from Thantifaxath as I loved their demo tape.

cool!

RYM says that Morowe are releasing new album named "S". If it's true than I am looking forward to it, it's one of the more interesting and original band from polish black metal scene.

Recently I have learned sad news from MA, that Lamented Souls are probably done... So I suppose there will be no "Echelons Of Decay".
That goddamn album made it to my "anticipated list" for 3 consequent years, lol

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Ugh, I feel like Vintersorg really needs to just slow down. He used to be one of my favorite musicians but it seems like he's focusing on quantity over quality lately so nothing he's worked on in the past 5 years has interested me.

I feel like his new prog/folk albums (everything from Solens Rotter on) has about half great songs and half forgettable ones. Orkan was a step in the right direction for me; if he can make more songs as infectiously catchy as the opener and title track things should be in good shape.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:57 pm 

There's a few curious things I've noticed in the past couple of days. One of them is that Zealotry, who just saw their debut album released in physical format, seem to be working on new material already. If that sees the light of day this year, and is as good as The Charnel Expanse, then I think I may have a stroke!

Another funny thing I noticed is that some unexpected reissues are coming out. First there's the last couple of Thanatos albums, which are now being reissued by CM, making them basically put out their entire back catalogue. Coincidently the band is also planning to release a new album this year, also on CM. Second, there's apparently a new repress of Deathevokation's only album also coming out, this time on Xtreem Music. Also on Xtreem, the long overdue repress of Adramelech's debut. So yeah, I think this might arouse some death-heads around here. :D

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:24 pm 

Shit, I can't believe I forgot about this. In a few weeks, Svart Records is releasing Demilich's "20th Adversary of Emptiness", which will include newly remastered versions of Nespithe and the rest of Demilich's demos which sound WAY better than the Xtreem Music reissue that's out.

I already pre-ordered the 2CD version, so I'm stoked to finally have a proper reissue of Nespithe in my hands (and to think I was considering buying the Xtreem reissue. Thank god I stalled on that!)

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 pm 

Diocletian
Cruciamentum
Teitanblood
Dead Congregation.

Talk about some quality releases coming up. :eek:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 pm 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
Shit, I can't believe I forgot about this. In a few weeks, Svart Records is releasing Demilich's "20th Adversary of Emptiness", which will include newly remastered versions of Nespithe and the rest of Demilich's demos which sound WAY better than the Xtreem Music reissue that's out.

I already pre-ordered the 2CD version, so I'm stoked to finally have a proper reissue of Nespithe in my hands (and to think I was considering buying the Xtreem reissue. Thank god I stalled on that!)

How different do they sound? Do you have a base for comparison? I'd be interested in comparing the two.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 pm 

I'd be interested to hear how it sounds compared to the Necropolis reissue as well seeing as that's the version I have.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:25 pm 

And another nail in my wallet apparently... Gorelust are going to put out a new album as well. FUCK! :o

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 pm 

androdion wrote:
How different do they sound? Do you have a base for comparison? I'd be interested in comparing the two.

My bad, I should've posted a video. This is all we've been given so far, but even with just this, the difference and better quality is quite noticeable (at least, I think so). No videos of the demos unfortunately.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 pm 

It's cool bro, no biggie. ;)

Well, quite noticeable indeed! I'd say that when compared against the Xtreem Series remaster (which I own) it's a completely different sound. It's actually perfectly noticeable from the moment you hit play, and at 16€ with free shipping I may have to buy this. I love what Svart did with Rippikoulu and Abhorrence, really great reissues, so I'm actually excited to get this.

Shit, now you just made me spend more money! :p

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm 

Hahaha, hey at least you know your money is going towards something worthwhile!

But yeah, in the video description and the Svart Records page they mention that this was remastered from the original 24 bit tapes, as opposed to the Xtreem reissue (and others) who did the remastering using the 16 bit CD master (and more or less brickwalled the sound in the process).

Last edited by SkullFracturingNightmare on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 pm 

Indeed. :D

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:33 am 

There's a new Lurk (slightly stonerish, Celtic Frosty death/doom from Finland) album due out at the end of the month that I'm definitely excited for. The debut was cool already but this new track from the upcoming album has got me pretty aroused:

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:51 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
There's a new Lurk (slightly stonerish, Celtic Frosty death/doom from Finland) album due out at the end of the month that I'm definitely excited for. The debut was cool already but this new track from the upcoming album has got me pretty aroused:

That was pretty good, but the vocals kind of put me off at first. The riffs are nice and heavy, though, as god intended. Maybe the vocals can grow on me.

Nice little location you got there, by the way. A little Lovecraft never hurt anything.

beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:49 am 

oh shit! almost forgot about God of Atheists release coming this year!!

Asgeir Mickelson - Guitar
Trym - Drums
ICS Vortex - Vocals
Carl August Tidemann - Solo guitar
Ihsahn - Keyboards
Sareeta - Violin
Lars K. Norberg - Bass
Vibeke Stene - Soprano

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 am 

Ah cool, Lurk has a new album coming out. I wasn't exactly blown away by their debut (still decent anyway) but they definitely have a own distinctive style going for them. And if this song is anything to go by, this will blow the debut out of the water.

Hymnofwolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:21 am 

Mare - full length
Svartidaudi - new mlp
Bong - full length
Bohren & der club of gore - full length
Hetroertzen - full length
One Tail, One Head - full length
Dead Congregation - full length
Mithras - full length

and hopefully something new from these artists but that is unconfirmed:
Urfaust
The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble
Vemod
Sortilegia
Tardigrada

It looks like 2014 will be a good year

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:07 pm 

beeneNOLAdoobie wrote:
oh shit! almost forgot about God of Atheists release coming this year!!

Asgeir Mickelson - Guitar
Trym - Drums
ICS Vortex - Vocals
Carl August Tidemann - Solo guitar
Ihsahn - Keyboards
Sareeta - Violin
Lars K. Norberg - Bass
Vibeke Stene - Soprano

That's a mighty line-up! :nods:

Vemod is putting out a new album?! I say, goddamn!

Hymnofwolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:57 pm 

androdion wrote:
Vemod is putting out a new album?! I say, goddamn!

Sorry if it was misleading but as of now, nothing is confirmed. However, Vemod has been working on new material for quite some time and have been playing some new songs live.

This is from an interview in June 2013 with Aural Emanations http://auralemanations.blogspot.nl/2013/06/interview-with-vemod.html
Quote:
and last but not least: the inevitable question. What can we expect from Vemod in the future?

You can exepect many things from Vemod in the future, but right now, there are plans to record two exclusive pieces for a 7" EP, which will be a sort of a tribute to the inspirations and the atmospheres of the earlier days. Also, the main body of raw material for the upcoming album is ready to be worked, refined and recorded, but of course, that will take a lot of time. Even then, there is a lot of material waiting, so there is no need to worry for those interested in our music. There is much more Vemod on the horizon.
We do take our time in this band, however, and there is always a strong emphasis on getting every detail just right. We also happen to be a quite busy with a lot other projects and duties. We believe in quality, so we will do what it takes to elevate the work to the desired level. I have no idea as of now when any of the current plans will materialize, but everyone who are interested will certainly be informed. Until then!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 pm 

Ah, crap... I was getting all excited because of that. Guess it's one of those "we'll do it but we still don't know when yet" things.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:43 am 

Vader, Insomnium, Mithras, Belphegor, Behemoth, God of Atheists, Ne Obliviscaris, Septicflesh, The Project Hate MCMXCIX I believe is coming out with new stuff, Misery Index, Grave(I think), Origin, King of Asgard, Hour of Penance, Bloodbath, Beneath(Iceland), Anaal Nathrakh, maybe Aeon, and possibly Incinerate(they mention new material enough but I can`t substantiate this claim). I really want Infernal War and Spectral Mortuary to release albums this year. Better get your wallets ready.

Legion of the Damned`s latest was pretty good. It is doesn`t really differentiate itself much from their other records however.

Swiftkillswitch3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:31 am 

Anthrax, JFAC, Whitechapel, Machine Head, Gojira (RRR quoted Joe for saying he has many ideas in 2014 for a new album, so correct me if I'm wrong). I'll find more and love more bands than what's here, but these guys top my list.

Bogdaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm 

Behemoth - The Satanist
Vader - Tibi et Igni
Decapitated - ?
Lost Soul - Atlantis (The New Beginning)
Holy Blood - ?

Stanislav84
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 am 

Cynic "Kindly bent to free us".

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 am 

I read on Deathmetal.org that Century Media is reissuing Final Holocaust and Enjoy The Violence by Massacra in 2014. I'm pretty stoked for that. I can finally shelve my 1st press Shark CDs I've owned since the 90's. Plus as much as CM is loathed they did a great job with the Day of the Massacra demo compilation and the Treblinka demo reissues, so this should be good.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm 

RIITIIR was released 16 months ago, and that's the longest Enslaved have ever gone without releasing something. I would be very surprised if we don't see a new album from them. Their last three full-lengths came out in September of even-numbered years, knock on wood.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
RIITIIR was released 16 months ago, and that's the longest Enslaved have ever gone without releasing something. I would be very surprised if we don't see a new album from them. Their last three full-lengths came out in September of even-numbered years, knock on wood.

The gap between Mardraum and Monumension was pretty much precisely 2 years!

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 am 

Hastein45 wrote:
\
Legion of the Damned`s latest was pretty good. It is doesn`t really differentiate itself much from their other records however.

I'm really into Ravenous Plague, especially considering the total mediocrity that was Descent into Chaos it's a step up for me. I missed those mid-paced thrash breakdowns soo much. Sure it's nothing groundbreaking, but this is deathrash, it needs to deviation from it's primal form.
I think the yearly Anaal Nathrakh album is coming along as planned, at least that's what their facebook seems to confirm, they posted some picture with a bunch of new song titles and junk a couple days ago

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:14 am 

I haven't seen mention of this, but the legendary Massacre are returning with a full length titled 'Back From Beyond'. I've got mixed feelings of skepticism and optimism. That seems to be a the case for most metal revivals.

Some more info:

Spoiler: show
Resurrected 1990s Florida-based death metallers MASSACRE will release their long-awaited comeback album, "Back From Beyond", in March via Century Media Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. As We Wait To Die
02. Ascension Of The Deceased
03. Hunter's Blood
04. Darkness Fell
05. False Revelation
06. Succumb To Rapture
07. Remnants Of Hatred
08. Shield Of The Son
09. The Evil Within
10. Sands Of Time
11. Beast Of Vengeance
12. Back From Beyond
13. Honor The Fallen

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/massac ... LGsazYc.99

Norvard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:07 am 

If everything on this list comes out this year... this will be an amazing year!

God of Aetheist (most likely)
Opeth (Doubtful, most likely beg of 2015)
Borknagar (Not sure but they are writing)
Solstafir (Working)
Pallbearer (Should definitely)
Electric Wizard (Already confirmed)
Sunn0))) - Ulver (Already confirmed)
Alcest (Next week)
Tool (I really really hope this is the year)
Agalloch (Most likely)
Mastodon (Probably most of the work this year with an early 2015 release)
Ghost Brigade (Possibly)
In Flames (Writing)
Arcturus (Promised but havent heard much since)
Dimmu Borgir (Working... no status update)
Gojira (Working)
Metallica (Will write but most likely 2015)

WITTR guys need to get something out. I know they said they were quitting but I cant imagine those guys leaving music totally.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:21 pm 

Norvard wrote:
Pallbearer (Should definitely)
Electric Wizard (Already confirmed)
Sunn0))) - Ulver (Already confirmed)

If this really happens I'm going to declare it the year of doom.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:04 am 

Both Agalloch and Pallbearer are already confirmed to be released this year by Profound Lore.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:33 pm 

almost forgot but Artificial Brain's debut is coming out in Feb. couple of demos/eps theyve released so far show theyve got some potential. gorgutsy type death metal.

song can be heard here: http://www.profoundlorerecords.com/arti ... but-album/

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:25 pm 

Pretty good tune, I think some of their demo tracks are better, not as genre swappy and experimental for sure, but better. Still sounds pretty sweet though.

TheLastSucker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 pm 

I am waiting for

Devin Townsend - Casualties of Cool
Fear Factory - TBA
Scar Symmetry - TBA
Caliban - Ghost Empire
Behemoth - The Satanist
Dimmu Borgir - TBA
Absu - Apsu
Wintersun - Time II
Vader - Straight To Hell
Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire
Arcturus - TBA

So yeah we'll see.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm 

Goatwhore's currently recording their next album with Erik Rutan and I'm curious to find out if they end up falling closer to any one specific style on it, given how their influences have shaped the last album or so, or just pick up where they left off with a new batch of songs. I admit I was late to the game finally getting into them with Blood for the Master, but have made sure to catch up since. Anything to add to their asskicking of a live set is fine by me.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:32 am 

There are quite a few releases that I am looking forward to. So far I've pre-ordered these three:
"Digital Resistance" by Slough Feg
“World Shapers” by Aurora Borealis
Box set "20th Adversary of Emptiness" by Demilich

These are bands that I've heard will be releasing new albums that I will probably buy:
Pallbearer
Edguy
Grave Digger
Triosphere
Paradox
Anubis Gate

And Virgin Steele has re-issues coming up.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:33 pm 

I would be incredibly surprised if Hammers of Misfortune doesn't come out with something this year.

KosherCarnage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm 

Ahh lets see.. Just gonna mention a few that are coming in the near future:

1. Morbus Chron just announced a new album ("Sweven") that's coming in a month.
2. Psalm Zero, which consists of Andrew Hawk from Castevet and Charlie Looker from Extra Life, has an album ("The Drain") coming out in March. I've heard most of the album, and I think it's seriously brilliant stuff. The title track is streaming on Pitchfork.
3. Artificial Brain - Labyrinth Constellations. Should be out next month.
4. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance. Didn't really like the direction they were going on "Animal Spirits", but I have faith in them.
5. Execration - Morbid Dimensions. No release date yet.
6. Solefald - Kosmopolis. Could end up being anything. Very curious to see what they're gonna come up with now.
7. Univers Zero - Phosphorescent Dreams. Dropping in a week.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:15 pm 

New album incoming, but i kinda lost interest after ITCOTBW, last 2 albums have been decent but nothing special.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next