Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AbaddonWasVenom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 pm 

As much as i love Venom this album is unlistenable with very few good tracks in fact most of the songs are boring and repetitive with Hail Satanas & Damnation Of Souls being the only ones i can listen to.

Hell was far superior being the best Venom album since Resurrection .

Another point i'd like to raise is their current setlist , wtf is all this songs within songs crap. Black Metal cabaret????
It seems Cronos has lost the plot and has totally f'd up Venom. Time to improve Mr Lant or call it a day and go back to solo work.

I am an original Venom legion and it hurts me to criticise them!!

improve or die!

AnimeDad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 pm 

Like most bands, Venom had a "moment," and that moment's over. They're not gonna do anything truly obnoxious and hungry and essential anymore because they're not obnoxious, hungry essential people now.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 am 

Yea venom served their purpose. But I find most of their stuff boring now. But I do respect them for their importants to thrash and extreme metal.

AbaddonWasVenom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:07 am 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Yea venom served their purpose. But I find most of their stuff boring now. But I do respect them for their importants to thrash and extreme metal.

Likewise , they were an important part of the NWOBHM.

AbaddonWasVenom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 am 

AnimeDad wrote:
Like most bands, Venom had a "moment," and that moment's over. They're not gonna do anything truly obnoxious and hungry and essential anymore because they're not obnoxious, hungry essential people now.

Hungry for money perhaps!

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:29 pm 

While I wasn't thrilled with Fallen Angels either, I don't think it fell that far from my expectations considering that the albums prior were also inconsistent. Like most bands this old, you can expect them to release a lot of filler. Thankfully venom can still be entertaining, but the releases since their "reunion" all haven't been that much more or less spectacular than Fallen Angels was imo.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:31 pm 

Despite the release of a couple of lacklustre eforts, I think the reality is that MantaswasVenom.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

LegendMaker
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:00 pm 

Yop. Well, Cronos was a fine frontman for their style and he contributed to the overall energy (and so did Dolan in their later prime, arguably even better, actually), but yeah, Mantas was always the man with the riffs. Abaddon used to play the drums. Full stop.

AbaddonWasVenom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:36 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Despite the release of a couple of lacklustre eforts, I think the reality is that MantaswasVenom.

Agreed , and he is still awesome.

Abaddon was my favourite member , hence my user name.

ENKC
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:51 pm 

Metal Black is my favourite of their 21st century output. Fallen Angels was alright. Enjoyable for a few listens, which is enough for me. "Punk's Not Dead" puts a grin on my face every time.
Gif logos are a rare and special thing. They should be reserved only for truly exceptional and rare and special and important bands, bands like Blind Guardian and... Blind Guardian. This should be in the rules.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm 

I didn't listen to to their last one but Metal black sounded like toilet sound when I first ear it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yA10w_EcNA
The bass was not good at all. I didn't bothered listening to the subsequent albums.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 am 

lost_wanderer wrote:
I didn't listen to to their last one but Metal black sounded like toilet sound when I first ear it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yA10w_EcNA
The bass was not good at all. I didn't bothered listening to the subsequent albums.

Are you kidding me? That bass rocked. At any rate, hell was much crisper sounding, felt a little more like thrash.

Reply to topic