* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DarkSkiesGreyWaters
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:47 am 

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nightwish ... st-records

Quote:
NIGHTWISH keyboardist and main songwriter Tuomas Holopainen states: "20 years ago our journey together with Nuclear Blast started, and the time has now come to renew our vows. Superbly excited to see what kind of magic we can cook up together this time!"

Nuclear Blast managing director Marcus Hammer states: "It's an honor to renew this partnership to continue writing music history. We're more than proud to carry on the collaboration with this exceptionally gifted group of musicians and their management team. Thanks for your friendship and trust, Floor, Tuomas, Emppu, Troy, Kai and Jukkis. Looking forward to celebrate your upcoming album and everything beyond! Kiitos!"

Article features the previous information mentioned on their upcoming album. TL;DR return of the full orchestra, does some new things, explores some similar topics to H:N, album is said to be heavier sounding than their last.

Their next album still doesn't have an official release date, but is likely due late 2024.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:43 am 

I thought for sure Nightwish were going to sign to Atomic Fire/Reigning Phoenix when their contract with Nuclear Blast expired. Maybe all of these high-profile bands that have jumped ship has put Nuclear Blast on notice and they're stepping up their game or something.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:42 pm 

Yeah, I thought that's what they were gonna do too. Nuclear Blast probably realized losing what is likely their biggest band might be the death blow to the label (considering the sheer amount of bands that have left them) so they probably offered them something real good in return for them staying, lol.

Anyways, I hope this is indeed a heavier album than the last one and (as an "Imaginaerum" enjoyer/defender...) I'm glad the full orchestra is back.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:15 pm 

The other possibility that I considered was that they would pull a Metallica and establish their own Blackened Recordings-like "label" to keep everything in-house.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:32 pm 

Much like Edenbridge and "MyEarthDream," I feel like "Ghost Love Score" was an incredible song that taught the band all the wrong lessons.

Guys! The whole-orchestra bit is only special when it's occasional! We still want all the other stuff that came before it!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:19 pm 

tahu157 wrote:
The other possibility that I considered was that they would pull a Metallica and establish their own Blackened Recordings-like "label" to keep everything in-house.

It would absolutely not surprise me at all if comes out one day that this deal they signed with Nuclear Blast gives them ownership of their master recordings and publishing rights.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Reply to topic