Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm 

I just listened to "They Call Me Black Devil", my first touch with the band.

And..
I ordered the last three albums.

TheWellOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:38 pm 

updates from the band

the coverart and new full track: https://soundcloud.com/gloriorbelli/i-a ... he-gave-me

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm 

I liked the artwork better when it didn't have those white splooges everywhere. Also the lam in the middle (which I first thought to be a bunny) was better in the first version.

TheWellOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Also the lam in the middle (which I first thought to be a bunny) was better in the first version.

Because when lamb looks like a bunny - it's better?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:08 pm 

Lamb looks like bunny, bunny looks like lamb. It reminds me of those cool optical illusions. So yeah, I would say it's better. Especially when the bunnylamb looks so much better art wise than the lamblamb.

TheWellOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm 

Hahah, okay. I prefer the second one though.

ScratchMyBack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 am 

TheWellOfSouls wrote:
updates from the band
new full track: https://soundcloud.com/gloriorbelli/i-a ... he-gave-me

Kickass new track. I love the bluesy solo towards the end, though I was expecting a more Sludgy transition. Hyped out for this!

Mortaeus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 pm 

Quote:
As for the whole "French band wallows in US culture" thing, well, don't we have American bands all about the Scandinavian forests, German bands all about Route 66, Greek bands all about Ancient Egypt, and Swedish bands all about the Crusades? It's not all necessarily phony, it's just that it'll be from a fantasy approach rather than a manifestation of the band members' background.

Yes, but this somehow seems more pathetic, since the South in the US is no place I want to be. It's difficult for me to go south of Iowa. And I don't think they "nailed" the Southern look and I don't know why anyone would want to...

"In evvvveerrryyyyyyy grief stricken blueeeeeeeessss-ah!!!" Ugh...they were alright until that shit came out.

HellishHound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm 

Mortaeus wrote:
Yes, but this somehow seems more pathetic, since the South in the US is no place I want to be. It's difficult for me to go south of Iowa. And I don't think they "nailed" the Southern look and I don't know why anyone would want to....

Maybe because once you look past all the stereotypes the south is actually a really beautiful place with a rich culture and musical history?

You know I really didn't care that a french band wants to make southern U.S. influenced BM, I just didn't think they nailed the look. I can't believe people actually might of got upset over it. Seriously, it's just music, it sounds good or it doesn't.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:40 pm 

checked out the new song, I def like the first half more so than the 2nd half.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:08 pm 

Mortaeus wrote:
Quote:
As for the whole "French band wallows in US culture" thing, well, don't we have American bands all about the Scandinavian forests, German bands all about Route 66, Greek bands all about Ancient Egypt, and Swedish bands all about the Crusades? It's not all necessarily phony, it's just that it'll be from a fantasy approach rather than a manifestation of the band members' background.

Yes, but this somehow seems more pathetic, since the South in the US is no place I want to be. It's difficult for me to go south of Iowa. And I don't think they "nailed" the Southern look and I don't know why anyone would want to...

"In evvvveerrryyyyyyy grief stricken blueeeeeeeessss-ah!!!" Ugh...they were alright until that shit came out.

:lol: So because you don't like the South, nobody should ever try to evoke any kind of atmosphere or theme based around it? Get the fuck out.

Itheus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am 

Mortaeus wrote:
Quote:

Hey, you be nice to your friends Mister.

caligulasremains
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
Sorry I missed their set at MdF...

don't be, it wasn't impressive. i caught them at the sidebar too and the sound was crap, maybe 8 people at the sidebar show too.
and to give you a bit of background i love this band and own all their albums, except for that 12" split that sounds like a totally different band.

besides, they're going to tour the states again very soon. you can see them then.

henkkjelle wrote:
It's probably the same member who said something akin to "good riddance" when the front man of Suicide Silence died.

Oh, I found the tweet: ''There's one less of those gay emocore kids alive. God bless motorcycles!''

LOL! glorior belli rules.

TheWellOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:14 pm 

"Gators Rumble, Chaos Unfurls" video trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... QdFlECIk30

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2