Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KinskiTemper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:11 pm 

I don't get how Mercyful Fate is permanently listed as "on hold." Only being "active" one year in 19, and that being in 2009, why can't we just say that band is done until something materializes?

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:47 am 

Malbordus wrote:
Let Battle Commence always cheers me up, so where's my new Doomsword album?

According to this interview from this past June, they are working on new material. I am not going to quote it, as it is written in Italian and I had to rely on Google to translate it into English for me.

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
idunnosomename wrote:
I also can't believe Jon can live much longer unless he tackles his weight problem. Not fat-shaming here, he is simply seriously obese by any standards.

Speaking of which, Jon Oliva's Pain hasn't released an album in eight years and the closest thing we got to a followup was Oliva's Raise the Curtain five years ago. It's been rather quiet and I'm rather curious as to what he's been doing aside from that Savatage reunion and vague TSO stuff.

Well I suspect Paul O'Neill dying threw him for one. And he had a stroke in 2016! I think he may have lost a bit of weight if this pic is recent. He looks down to a sort of Meat Loaf level in it which would be much less concerning.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jon-ol ... om-stroke/

I suspect he has even more to do in TSO now. It's unique, people love it and it makes money. What can you say, really.

Aooga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:54 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Malbordus wrote:
Let Battle Commence always cheers me up, so where's my new Doomsword album?

According to this interview from this past June, they are working on new material. I am not going to quote it, as it is written in Italian and I had to rely on Google to translate it into English for me.

Came here to mention Doomsword. They were fairly consistent till 2011 and then...nothing. I think maybe line up changes?

Anyways, glad to hear they're working on new material.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:03 pm 

He basically says that after the line-up changes they restarted the writing process from scratch, and while they feel very inspired, it takes longer to get things done as they all are busier with work, family and other personal matters outside the band.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:12 am 

narsilianshard wrote:
Dawn only became "active" again a couple years ago, because of the Century Media reissues. For some reason MA considers posting nostalgia on social to be "Active", even though they aren't playing shows or releasing new music.

Dawn are still "active" because they're in the process of recording their next album. I've communicated with Fredrik online in 2017 and 2018 and he said the recording is going slowly but they are getting there. Last I heard all the guitars and drums are complete, and maybe the bass too.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 am 

They've been saying that since 2012. It would be different if they were actually playing shows, but I have zero hope there will be a new Dawn album before 2020.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3