Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 am 

Countess is releasing their album titled 'Ancient Lies And Battle Cries' on 9th April. Here's a track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyy7xdK2k8Y

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 am 

Looking forward more and more to the coming fourth full-length of The Furor, which is titled Impending Revelation. Insane Australian black/ death metal, raw, technical and blasphemous. All instruments and vocals were done by mainman Rando this time (monstrous drummer from Impiety, Malignant Monster, Mhorgl and previously Nervecell), and although he doesn't have a full-time guitarist in the band any more (and guitars aren't what most know him for) his solos on the tracks available on Youtube are ripping.

'Inferno Fortification': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S6tHWX-3AM

I enjoy the previous albums by The Furor, albeit not as much as Mhorgl's Heresiarch album, but this sounds like it could be the best and most bestial yet by the band.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:58 pm 

Never really checked out Furor inspite of knowing of Rando's project for quite sometime. I'll listen to that track now. Rando is an insane drummer and I've had the good fortune of seeing him play drums with Nervecell several times (5-6 times I think) and also with Impiety.

Ganondox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:24 pm 

I think the only release I'm specifically looking forward too this year that actually has a name yet is Everfree by Tarby. It's supposed to be more metallic than his last album, which is based around industrial rock with strong progressive metal influences.

Anyway:

Tool
In Flames (though it's probably going to be meh like their last album)
Mastodon
Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, maybe?
I doubt System of Down well have one, but I'd look forward to them making an announcement. :P

Think those are the only specific bands I've heard about plans or rumors for a new release that I'm specifically looking forward too.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:14 pm 

sushiman wrote:
Looking forward more and more to the coming fourth full-length of The Furor, which is titled Impending Revelation. Insane Australian black/ death metal, raw, technical and blasphemous. All instruments and vocals were done by mainman Rando this time (monstrous drummer from Impiety, Malignant Monster, Mhorgl and previously Nervecell), and although he doesn't have a full-time guitarist in the band any more (and guitars aren't what most know him for) his solos on the tracks available on Youtube are ripping.

'Inferno Fortification': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S6tHWX-3AM

I enjoy the previous albums by The Furor, albeit not as much as Mhorgl's Heresiarch album, but this sounds like it could be the best and most bestial yet by the band.

That was pretty good but that band name... :ugh:
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Never really checked out Furor inspite of knowing of Rando's project for quite sometime. I'll listen to that track now. Rando is an insane drummer and I've had the good fortune of seeing him play drums with Nervecell several times (5-6 times I think) and also with Impiety.

Indeed. I actually first saw him on one of the first dates he ever played with Impiety in 2011, was lucky enough to be standing at the side with the bands and see one of the best and yes, most insane drummers in the underground at close quarters. I am no musician myself but that was an absolute joy to observe and hear at the same time. Seen him play with them a few times since then but that memory sticks out.

If you like it then check out Malignant Monster's Yours in Murder mate. Another band I looked up because of Rando and ended up fucking loving all-round. Different to The Furor though.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:19 am 

Cool, I wasn't aware of that band. The logo-style looks very familiar though. Will check out the album and also read your review ;) Thanks!

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am 

shouvince wrote:
Cool, I wasn't aware of that band. The logo-style looks very familiar though. Will check out the album and also read your review ;) Thanks!

Most welcome man. The logo is by Christophe Spajdel who has done loads of well known extreme metal logos... Emperor, Borknagar, Arcturus etc.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:54 pm 

I haven't been able to stop listening to the new Boris the Blade tracks for the better part of the last week. They're easily one of the most competent deathcore acts out there right now, and big surprise, they're from Australia.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:48 pm 

Since Pestifer was mentioned earlier in this thread it should be noticed that the album is coming out in the mid of April. There's also an advance song available.

http://pestifer-band.bandcamp.com/album ... g-the-void

It's shaping up to be a killer release if this new song is any indication of the general quality of the album. Plus, that artwork is pretty awesome! I love how it tricks your mind with weird perspective nuances, plus the geometrical vs the Giger-like organic walls. Song reminds me a bit of Beyond Creation, but it does seem to travel different places throughout its execution.

I'm tempted to break protocol and pre-order the damned thing! :D

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 am 

King Diamond should come up with something new this year. I don't care if it's MF or KD because it will most propably be great. Didn't actually check out Give Me Your Soul...Please (got to correct that very soon), but The Puppet Master was some fucking album.

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:04 am 

I haven't found anything this year to be mind-blowing, but overall I've been pleased with the releases. As for the rest of the year, most of what I'll buy I probably won't know about ahead of time, but here are the ones that are on my radar:

Skogen - I Doden (April 7th)
Ifing - Against This Weald (May 6th)
Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare (May 23rd)
Abomnium - For The Condemned (July 4th)
Mastodon - ?
Corrosion of Conformity - ?
Opeth - ?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:41 am 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
I haven't been able to stop listening to the new Boris the Blade tracks for the better part of the last week. They're easily one of the most competent deathcore acts out there right now, and big surprise, they're from Australia.

Boris the Blade? As in, Boris the bullet dodger?

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Apparently their name's taken from the movie Snatch, never seen it, but a google search has informed of this.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:

Apparently their name's taken from the movie Snatch, never seen it, but a google search has informed of this.

How have you not seen Snatch? Go see it. Now.

last.fm

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:28 am 

I always got the impression it was like those "Oceans" movies, I tried watching one of those one time and fell asleep halfway through

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 am 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKadFsH6gsw
:D

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:39 am 

Ormgård (never heard of them before) are coming up with an album. We don't hear too many straight up black metal bands these days, so here's one in the offing. Slightly symphonic too, so very reminiscent of 2nd wave black metal like Emperor.

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2014/03 ... dce7f4fab4

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 am 

I always got the impression it was like those "Oceans" movies, I tried watching one of those one time and fell asleep halfway through

it's nothing like them

Jimmy Calhoun
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am 

Impetuous Ritual and Teitanblood should be a sweet death metal two-fer. I'll probably order both at once.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:05 pm 

shouvince wrote:
We don't hear too many straight up black metal bands these days

lol, what?

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 am 

Last edited by sushiman on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm 

http://www.acceptworldwide.com/2014/04/ ... worldwide/

No samples yet but definitely looking forward to it.

To be released on July 15.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 pm 

Ah, I just placed an order for Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad, and now read this. Listened Shadow Soldiers and some of the other songs from their last albums from YouTube, and can't believe I missed them out. They're just as good as Balls to the Wall and Restless and Wild, with some parts sounding even better. I will sure get this when it comes out.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:31 pm 

Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad can't touch their 80s classics, but they're both good. The cover on this one is fucking badass.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:45 pm 

I loved that cover when I saw it on blabbermouth. Invokes trampling heavy metal.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:50 pm 

Excluding "Death Row", the last 2 Accept albums are the greatest things they have ever done. Wolf Hoffman kills it and Mark Tornillo is one of the best in the game. So jacked for this.

Cicatrice
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:01 pm 

Looking forward to the new Eyehategod release. Eyehategod has never made a bad album before, and I don't look for this one to be either. I like the couple of songs I've heard so far. So that's certainly one of the releases I'm excited for.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 am 

Coprocephalic.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:04 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Blood of the Nations and Stalingrad can't touch their 80s classics, but they're both good. The cover on this one is fucking badass.

Their 80's stuff is massively influential no doubt but personally I think Blood of the Nations is their most complete work to date. Stalingrad is also good but it's a notch below of its predecessor.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

PenguinShred
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 am 

I am really looking forward to the new Origin. Those guys never disappoint. Entity was a monster of an album. Longstreth always seems to be pushing the limits of extreme metal drumming. Also excited for Beyond Creation and First Fragment.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 am 

doomster999 wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Their 80's stuff is massively influential no doubt but personally I think Blood of the Nations is their most complete work to date. Stalingrad is also good but it's a notch below of its predecessor.

They're both very complete and well made albums, but I dunno, they just aren't as good as the old shit. No crime in that as very few bands manage such a thing. The old Accept albums were more innovative and had a rawer, more energetic bite to em. Being a lot shorter helped too - Blood of the Nations is waaaaay too long. Overall though it's just that the songs plain aren't as good on the new albums as the old ones.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:41 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Coprocephalic.

I was unaware they had a new album coming out.. listening to Cryogenic chambers now. Only thing I wish they'd do is get a new vocalist, like if 80,000 dead finally officially disbands they should steal that guy's voice.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 pm 

Dying for the new Kraanium and also cannot wait for the new Abysmal Torment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j54EMjrMFGc

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 pm 

So apparently Electrocution (the Italian ones that released Inside The Unreal in 1993) are releasing a new album a month from now and already have it available for pre-order. How the fuck did I miss that one??? Does anyone know if any advance song has been made public so far? All I could find was a studio report and some reviews of it...

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm 

I was told by an Infernal War band member that they are going to release a new album this year, though I`m not holding my breath.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:36 am 

Full version of new Battleroar song Poisoned Well. Pretty good. Album Blood of Legends out in Europe on May 2, North America May 6. Amazon.com is currently taking preorders.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:00 pm 

Currently I'm looking forward to the new Opium Warlords album "Taste My Sword of Understanding" that is scheduled for release in May. Sure took a long time for Albert to get these songs recorded and released, because I remember him talking about the material years ago on the Hellride forums. Cover art looks like something Kimi Kärki would have used for Orne. That's cool. Alright, bring it, let me taste that sword. I'm sure it will wear the stamp of Albert's usual demented weirdness that is somehow very appealing, at least to me.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:03 pm 

Quote:
NEW ALBUM PROGRESS: Here are a few tidbits to keep you all up to date on what we're doing. We are currently in the writing phase for our next album. The music for about 6 brand new songs is complete or very close. Lyrics and vocals to 2 songs are finished and more coming soon. The album will have 7 to 8 songs total. 5 songs have titles so far and we have chosen the album title which we'll reveal a little closer to the release. We are on target to finally get our asses into the studio this summer. The album is slated to be released in early 2015 by Relapse Records. If I had to describe the music at this stage I'd say it's most similar to "Trample The Weak..." but darker and little more melodic(in a doomy way) and with guitar solos. Vocals are reminiscent of the first 2 Skinless albums. Here's a video of us playing one of the new songs back in January. This was the first new song we finished. SERPENTICIDE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tHk_zmqc3Q

Here is an update on the new Skinless album from a facebook comment. Really looking forward to this one as Trample the Weak is one of the few brutal death albums I really enjoy. Even though it is slated for a 2015 release I decided to post it here. Really liking Serpenticide so far and look forward to a studio sound.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:37 pm 

Doomsday wrote:
Currently I'm looking forward to the new Opium Warlords album "Taste My Sword of Understanding" that is scheduled for release in May. Sure took a long time for Albert to get these songs recorded and released, because I remember him talking about the material years ago on the Hellride forums. Cover art looks like something Kimi Kärki would have used for Orne. That's cool. Alright, bring it, let me taste that sword. I'm sure it will wear the stamp of Albert's usual demented weirdness that is somehow very appealing, at least to me.

Ok, the album just finished and as you know since I already told you, it's a fucking great album and definitely Albert's best album since RB's breakup. It has this experimental vibe he's been working on a lot but there's a lot of doom metal too alongside his awesome, charming vocals. I thought the first 2 albums of Opium Warlords were underwhelming (I'll certainly go back to them now) but this one is superb.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Op ... ing/406981

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next