Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:36 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
All versions of "An Ancient Starry Sky" - including the Elegy Records version - are bootlegs, this is why the album is no longer listed on this site. Akhenaten owns all the copyrights to Judas Iscariot music, and any releases after "Midnight Frost" are unauthorized. This is directly from Akhenaten, not hearsay.

I've been trying in vain to follow this unending saga over the past few months, because I am nothing if not morbidly curious, but has Akhenaten actually made a statement now that I somehow missed? Or is it just secondhand via the labels, etc? I'm wondering as the JI MA page actually quotes him but I can't seem to find anything in my perusal of this thread (and of course the 17-odd NWN threads are all purged).

I do feel bad he has even had to respond to this, but I've been hoping he would just to shut the robbing junkies down. Boils my piss seeing all those releases still for sale.

Knucklehead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 pm 

Sonic_Titan wrote:
But it's not an insert, that statement is literally printed inside the gatefold cover.

I missed that. You're right -- the rate-limiting factor is the vinyl, which suggests that the templates for the gatefold were submitted at a later date, perhaps to a different publishing house, perhaps to the vinyl plant.

Regardless, the drama is just endless.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:41 pm 

pfk505 wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
All versions of "An Ancient Starry Sky" - including the Elegy Records version - are bootlegs, this is why the album is no longer listed on this site. Akhenaten owns all the copyrights to Judas Iscariot music, and any releases after "Midnight Frost" are unauthorized. This is directly from Akhenaten, not hearsay.

I've been trying in vain to follow this unending saga over the past few months, because I am nothing if not morbidly curious, but has Akhenaten actually made a statement now that I somehow missed? Or is it just secondhand via the labels, etc? I'm wondering as the JI MA page actually quotes him but I can't seem to find anything in my perusal of this thread (and of course the 17-odd NWN threads are all purged).

No public statement, but this is first-hand to MA. The quotes on the band page are indeed from him, the first from the UTBS recording, the latter direct.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:06 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:

Zodijackyl wrote:
No public statement, but this is first-hand to MA. The quotes on the band page are indeed from him, the first from the UTBS recording, the latter direct.

Wow! This is pretty incredible... I have so many questions. With all respect and understanding that Akhenaten wants to remain a private life these days, I'm curious if you can share any info on the correspondence and if he said anything more about the situation. That's the first quote I've seen from him this whole time which finally seals this insane saga... Just curious his view on this whole thing.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 pm 

Akhenaten contacted directly some of our staffers. In general, he explained the story regarding the "An Ancient Starry Sky" tracks, then the situation of the rereleases, and closed the explanation by describing all those records as "disgraceful unauthorized bootlegs", just like you read it. There's not much else to it.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:47 pm 

It might be worthwhile for a mod or someone to add to that comment that Akhenaten reached out to MA staff directly because I was wondering the same thing. Or to direct people to these posts if they're interested?

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:13 am 

If this is true, go0od thing I hadn't purchased the AASS cd yet.

On a side note, the Twilight cds still haven't showed up after a whopping four months and a half. Needless to say, I've merrily joined the crowd of "haters" bombing AMM with Paypal claims to keep feeding the negativity in the world.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:00 am 

I wish he had okay’d a public statement but, regardless, this is pretty incredible news to have him finally acknowledge what has gone on. Too bad we can’t share the news with other communities without the threat of being banned...

Still, very cool to see some actual thoughts from him. I wonder if that’s why AMM has fallen a bit more silent about this whole thing.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:49 am 

Didn't Akhenaten try desperately to get Judas Iscariot deleted from the archives back in the day? Kind of funny to imagine that he's (presumably) a user of it now.

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am 

That latest NWN thread was deleted in record time :o

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:29 am 

ingmar birdman wrote:

snitches get stitches.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:15 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
If this is true, go0od thing I hadn't purchased the AASS cd yet.

Well, it IS true. We have absolutely no reason to lie about it. We're not Blake Judd.
true_death wrote:
Didn't Akhenaten try desperately to get Judas Iscariot deleted from the archives back in the day? Kind of funny to imagine that he's (presumably) a user of it now.

Yeah, haha. That he did.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:53 pm 

ingmar birdman wrote:

He is a teenager trapped in a middle aged man's body.

PutridWind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 pm 

true_death wrote:

Makes sense when you consider the reason he put all his projects to rest.

TheNakedWhipper
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 pm 

What a wimp that soy boy Konishi is. Deleting threads is so infantile. I guess NWN needs to be a safe place. Terrible board now anyway.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:45 pm 

Auch wrote:
It might be worthwhile for a mod or someone to add to that comment that Akhenaten reached out to MA staff directly because I was wondering the same thing. Or to direct people to these posts if they're interested?

When I have some time to work on it, I intend to do some thorough work on the band page to ensure it as complete and objective, and I will ask him to verify that all the information is correct. While it is currently objective and correct as far as I know, the notes are mostly about posthumous affairs, and it would be better balanced to at least outline the band's history. I have this drafted, but these projects require meticulous attention to be done properly.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:23 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Auch wrote:

When I have some time to work on it, I intend to do some thorough work on the band page to ensure it as complete and objective, and I will ask him to verify that all the information is correct. While it is currently objective and correct as far as I know, the notes are mostly about posthumous affairs, and it would be better balanced to at least outline the band's history. I have this drafted, but these projects require meticulous attention to be done properly.

Sounds like an awesome project that is definitely very time-consuming. It's unfortunate that this whole situation arose though and needs to be done, but hopefully it'll help prevent people unaware of the whole situation form being taken advantage of.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:58 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:
If this is true, good thing I hadn't purchased the AASS cd yet.

Well, it IS true. We have absolutely no reason to lie about it. We're not Blake Judd.

That wasn't what I was trying to imply at all. This has been a long, confusing ride, and I was waiting for further confirmation about the Elegy cd being actually another bootleg, since for quite a while now it had been established that was the only legitimate release to emerge from this whole mess.

ingmar birdman wrote:

Hahaha, I just noticed; un-fucking-believable.

Bit of good news: my claim for the missing Twilight cds was processed in less than 24 hours in my favor; as soon as the refund shows up in my account I'll celebrate by shopping for more worthwhile releases, and to hell with this pathetic circus act.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

theratoni
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:33 am 

Looking at the typos on that statement in the AASS gatefold - and just realized that out of all the miss-spellings they even spelled their label name wrong.

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:38 am 

theratoni wrote:
Looking at the typos on that statement in the AASS gatefold - and just realized that out of all the miss-spellings they even spelled their label name wrong.

Good lord :lol:

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:00 pm 

theratoni wrote:

No way - really? Is the font messing me up because I don't see it.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:24 pm 

It's mid-way through the first paragraph, the s in "Monuments" is missing.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 pm 

Oh my god - that's amazing.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:07 pm 

Admittedly, I don't follow AMM on socials, etc... but it seems that they've finally quieted down now that there is a statement from Akhenaten himself. Is that true? Or are they still out there saying these are legitimate?

Ozenrol
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:00 pm 

Bingewolf wrote:
Admittedly, I don't follow AMM on socials, etc... but it seems that they've finally quieted down now that there is a statement from Akhenaten himself. Is that true? Or are they still out there saying these are legitimate?

No "official statement," but this was posted to their Twitter yesterday. Looks like they made and then deleted a corresponding Instagram post too. Guess they're gonna run with the "24 hour anti-Blake trolling ops" approach.

Quote:
So fucking tired of reading all this slanderous bullshit online about the people who work at AMM. Regardless of whatever crock of bullshit some jerkoff from who knows where made up this week about having 'evidence about Blake Judd using heroin again' or… https://t.co/ACy5Uw5S8W https://t.co/Xj2kHB1YfQ

Nocturnal Revelations
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm 

The whole situation surrounding this label is so bad it's actually hilarious. :lol: For those who may care in any way, they've apparently moved to eBay to sell the JI LPs, among what I assume are most likely supposed to bootlegs of demos by other bands.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/errrkah/m.html ... 7675.l2562

And for those who are still interested in AMM-related titles, I recently got news from a fairly reliable source that "an European label" has allegedly obtained the rights to re-release 2 of the Leviathan albums originally released through AMM, so there'll be the possibility to buy those from a way more reliable seller! :thumbsup:

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 pm 

All the chatter about "separating the artist from the art" in this thread reminded me of how much it sucked to cut Inquisition and Brand New out of my life recently.

By the by, I've always been sort of interested in Nachtmystium. I remember back when they were pretty big but for me it was time when I hadn't yet figured out that I actually do like black metal, so.. Anyone know any similar bands with members that aren't scumbags?

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm 

the american god wrote:
All the chatter about "separating the artist from the art" in this thread reminded me of how much it sucked to cut Inquisition and Brand New out of my life recently.

By the by, I've always been sort of interested in Nachtmystium. I remember back when they were pretty big but for me it was time when I hadn't yet figured out that I actually do like black metal, so.. Anyone know any similar bands with members that aren't scumbags?

If you like the psychedelic influences in Nachtmystium, I would recommend Oranssi Pazuzu, Hail Spirit Noir or A Forest of Stars. OP is my favorite of the three, but all 3 have a lot of music and the majority of it is quite good.

k311250
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 pm 

the american god wrote:

Twilight is the closest you'll get but Blake used to play with them. He isn't in their last album with Thurston Moore though (Beneath Trident's Tomb) but the one with Aaron Turner is better (Monument to Time End) and Blake plays in it.

The latest Abigail Williams is also pretty similar but Jeff Wilson used to play in Nachtmystium too.

Leviathan is great.

https://trvlvthn.bandcamp.com/album/scar-sighted

HuggieBigs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm 

Whitehead just posted on his social media accounts that he is parting ways with AMM.

theconquerorwurm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:08 am 

I wonder who this could possibly be- in San Clemente California, auctioning off the "TOTALLY SOLD OUT" AMM LPs... these idiots are completely shameless. Most people with any integrity whatsoever wouldn't hold some copies of their own release to auction off for extra cash, jesus christ.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JUDAS-ISCARIOT ... Sw05Jbf-Ld

~Guest 389043
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 am 

Have a look at the 'stickied' rip off and avoid threads on the NWN forum and then consider the actions of AMM. Every AMM thread gets deleted. It just begs belief. Really have to question the integrity and morals of Yosuke Konishi IMO. Bootlegging and ripping people off is ok until it impacts him it seems.

~Guest 343918
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Akhenaten contacted directly some of our staffers.

I am not doubting this, just interested: how did you acertain that it is indeed Akhenaten?

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:27 am 

HuggieBigs wrote:
Whitehead just posted on his social media accounts that he is parting ways with AMM.

Good on him! He was the only reason to care about any AMM releases. Glad he's going to move on. Total support to Leviathan, as usual...

Nocturnal Revelations
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:31 am 

Total support to Leviathan for stepping out of this mess. Even though I'm not into his newer material as much as I was into his early demos, I think he's one of the best in the USBM scene.

Also, here's something quite funny: it seems like they're selling Blake's copy of Dimmu Borgir's "For All Tid" LP! :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIMMU-BORGIR-F ... SwjexbgYj2

How much of an actual fucking evil genius you have to be to spend hundreds of $$$ on (only) 1 LP and end up re-selling it because you need the money you spent on it back?

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:07 am 

thread about LEviathan/AMM on NWN just got nuked already LOL.

Nocturnal Revelations
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:19 am 

Leader_OCola wrote:
thread about LEviathan/AMM on NWN just got nuked already LOL.

I wished I could say I was surprised.

Leader_OCola
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:37 am 

i wonder how many original 1st press copies were sold when these seemed legit and people feared they would lose 'value'
I know I saw at least 1 HiF and 1 DiSN list briefly.

Steve Nebraska
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:46 am 

Quote:
I don't want this forum to become a tabloid gossip column. Take it to the Metal Archives forum if you want to discuss.

Haha what a whiner. I guess he gave props to this site if any consultation. He deletes threads but yet calling people retards when they ask a question.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm 

Nocturnal Revelations wrote:
Also, here's something quite funny: it seems like they're selling Blake's copy of Dimmu Borgir's "For All Tid" LP! :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIMMU-BORGIR-F ... SwjexbgYj2

How much of an actual fucking evil genius you have to be to spend hundreds of $$$ on (only) 1 LP and end up re-selling it because you need the money you spent on it back?

Now THAT should be someone's collector's item from all of this madness! :lol:

Steve Nebraska wrote:
Quote:
I don't want this forum to become a tabloid gossip column. Take it to the Metal Archives forum if you want to discuss.

Haha what a whiner. I guess he gave props to this site if any consultation. He deletes threads but yet calling people retards when they ask a question.

It's really frustrating that he nukes everything that mentions AMM except for that Suicide Forest promo thread... His board is a heavily trafficked place for the underground and yet it's a forbidden topic because he got caught up in it himself.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next