Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:28 am 

I'm sick of hearing about this band, they play live here a lot and everybody goes crazy for them but I've noticed it's all the circle jerking Opeth and nu metal core kids who do.

Want an amazing Australian band who never got much recognition and completely blows this band out of the water?

Alchemist.

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am 

Conservationism wrote:
Claiming genius does not make it so ;)

That's a sentence you might want to consider. :)

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:
I'm sick of hearing about this band, they play live here a lot and everybody goes crazy for them but I've noticed it's all the circle jerking Opeth and nu metal core kids who do.

It doesn't seem like the honest metal fans have ever given much of a damn. Agreed that Alchemist is much better than Opeth.

So is Cemetary, from whom Opeth "borrowed" their sound, before dumbing it down to make frat boys feel "intelligent" for having such obscure and difficult tastes.

TheLiberation wrote:
Conservationism wrote:
Claiming genius does not make it so ;)

That's a sentence you might want to consider. :)

Did I call you genius?

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:

Since when are Opeth fans and nu-metal and core kids the same? Hell, since when are nu-metal and core kids the same? Double hell, are you even sure that nu-metal kids still exist? Nu-metal has been dead for a while.

Conservationism wrote:
So is Cemetary, from whom Opeth "borrowed" their sound, before dumbing it down to make frat boys feel "intelligent" for having such obscure and difficult tastes.

Since when is Opeth popular amongst frat boys? I can assure you, Opeth is not being blasted at frat parties. I'm not even sure if my few friends who are in frats have ever heard of Opeth.

You both are ridiculous. Just because Opeth, or any metal band, has achieved some greater level of popularity, that does not mean that they cater to/are predominately listened to by nu-metal/core/frat kids. Even if that was the case, who cares? Big deal, someone likes music that you don't like. And I don't even like Opeth that much.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2