Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:45 pm 

The Devil Wears Prada and Hellyeah. I've seen them both twice, two more times than I would have liked. They were both on the same bill as King Diamond and Slayer one time. Hellyeah was at a festival that my wife and I attended to see Scorpions and Megadeth among others. TDWP also opened for Anthrax a couple of months ago.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 pm 

Steve Nebraska wrote:
Jungle rot 5 times. But they were always opening up For other bands. They are a very boring band live and on their albums too.

I saw them open for Bolt Thrower and Benediction and they said they were filming a video, which must have sucked based on how little movement they got from the crowd.

ageofdishord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 pm 

Goatwhore. Absolute snorefest every single time.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 pm 

Littlewolf wrote:
Hammerfall and Korpiklaani, at various festivals...

Personally That is the kind of stuff I like at festivals when I'm piss drunk and feel like acting like an idiot.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 pm 

ageofdishord wrote:

I saw them open for High On Fire and they were the highlight of the night. Maybe its due to how bad High On Fire was though. The singer was yelling at the sound man threatening to walk off and when he finally got it "right" it was a shrill ear piercing racket that totally sucked and I left after half the set. Man that dude was a dick that night. So I should add in High On Fire. One half set was more than enough for me.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:38 pm 

ageofdishord wrote:

I saw them once and was very disappointed. Almost every song sounded exactly the same.

NTT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm 

Malmsteen and GWAR. It's punishment if you are forced to watch them more than once.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:57 pm 

NTT wrote:
and GWAR. It's punishment if you are forced to watch them more than once.

:boo:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:48 am 

Lordi. 3x at festivals and they always played before someone who's actually good. It's easy, cheesy fun at best, but once is more than enough.

Also, to a lesser extent, some power metal bands. I've seen Stratovarius and Rage at least 5x each. I don't mind either, but I can do without seeing them live. Helloween, too, but probably more because they've had a really shitty setlist last time I saw them... and I might end up seeing that reunion show with Hansen and Kiske in November.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Lenno598
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 pm 

RapeTheDead wrote:
Second time I saw them, Russian Circles opened up for them and completely stole the show.

Wow I know exactly what you mean. I had the same exact experience with Russian Circles, except they were opening for Mastodon (and Eagles of Death Metal). I was looking forward to seeing Mastodon, but you really don't need to see them live more than once or twice. But then Russian Circles opened and completely stole the show. Can't wait to see them again in a few weeks.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:06 pm 

Sabaton. I went through a period a couple of years ago where I seemed to be unable to avoid Sabaton. They just kept showing up on the bill. Never the headliner.

I don't mind Sabaton, but I've never been a fan. Seeing them 3 times in one year was a bit much.

ImpNaz777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 am 

Amon Amarth, although amusingly twice of those times I bought tickets to see them live because the support bands were so good.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 am 

Girlschool - I’ve seen them about 5 or 6 times. They’re okay, but they just seem ubiquitous when it came to various old metal fests. They usually opened for Motorhead and now they always open for Saxon. They’re even playing Headbangers Open Air this year. Needless to say I’ll do some shopping or get food then.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:12 pm 

The Faceless, We Came As Romans, Born of Osiris...

back in my metalcore days, seeing each of these bands once was enough.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:47 pm 

Rings of Saturn. Terrible band that subjected me to two of the most horrifically sloppy and amateurish live shows I've ever seen; I don't give a fuck if you're new to touring, that level of incompetence wouldn't have even been excusable with the dregs of the P2P ticket-selling locals around here, let alone an international touring act. The third time was MUCH tighter, but it didn't change the awful music, completely nonexistent stage presence, and almost comical over-reliance on backing tracks, not to mention Lucas Mann's glaring absence.

Headless420
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:55 pm 

I can't sit through another High on Fire set.

Malefikant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:10 pm 

Vader, probably around 4 times in the early 2000s, and I have no fucking clue why. They are such a boring, one-dimensional band.

wednesdaysixx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:31 pm 

Skindred. Once at Ozzfest 2010 (London, UK), two or three times locally (I wanted to see other bands they played with at some, at others it was an excuse to go to a gig with mates), and then heard (but didn't see) at Download 2014.

DragonFoce too. Saw them locally because I wanted to see The Defiled open for them (they were fun live, but musically not my thing). Saw them at Bloodstock 2016 because I had a good spot for the others bands that day.

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:12 pm 

In 2011, I unintentionally saw Touche Amore 5 times. They played 4 hardcore related shows I saw in my hometown, and a festival. Fuck that band was annoying.

Last FM

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:58 pm 

Kreator. The first time I saw them, they were phenomenal. The second time was 3 years later and their setlist was exactly the same. It was disappointing to say the least.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2