Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm 

hah friends of mine were at that Entombed AD gig and they said it was total drunken chaos, apparently they turned that guy off halfway through the set.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:05 pm 

Oh, man, put that poor boy to bed. It took me about 2 minutes to figure what that song was (and that they have business playing it).

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:16 pm 

Entombed A.D. have been a terrible idea and a complete fucking mess since day one. Literally everything about them is at best mediocre.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am 

Runko wrote:
Entombed A.D. have been a terrible idea and a complete fucking mess since day one. Literally everything about them is at best mediocre.

Their debut albun Back to the Front was pretty good, certainly leaps and bounds above the last Entombed album. And I kind of understand LG's reason for doing it (Alex Hellid completely lost interest in music for a few years and was basically holding the band hostage and sabotaging any attempt to get a new record done).

However, their sophomore album was indeed mediocre and with the news that Hellid, Cederlund, and Andersson are reforming and recording a new album, my interest in Entombed AD is basically gone.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:25 pm 

true_death wrote:
Runko wrote:

Their debut albun Back to the Front was pretty good, certainly leaps and bounds above the last Entombed album. And I kind of understand LG's reason for doing it (Alex Hellid completely lost interest in music for a few years and was basically holding the band hostage and sabotaging any attempt to get a new record done).

However, their sophomore album was indeed mediocre and with the news that Hellid, Cederlund, and Andersson are reforming and recording a new album, my interest in Entombed AD is basically gone.

Not helping either is LG's apparent personal rep for being a creepy, sketchy dude, which I have heard from multiple people over the years.

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:45 pm 

Not to mention his vocals have deteriorated completely to an incoherent gargle where he very conveniently doesn't have to remember lyrics, because he always sucked at that anyway. And he used to be one of the best growlers in the game. Oh well.

metalMT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:41 pm 

GrayChild wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jfsTftkx-Y

Entombed A.D. have not been too hot lately, but this performance in particular and especially the "solo" at 03:40 is downright sad.

That performance is a disgrace. I've seen people defending Entombed AD recently, rubbishing the 'real' Entombed saying they are lazy when compared to this pile of crap - at least when Entombed do perform they are bloody great. I just hope the same people defending this joke of a band get the chance to see the video in the link above. I couldn't even tell what song they were playing until LG starting shouting, or whatever he thinks passes for vocals these days. Utterly pathetic.

Check out 4:03 to see how it should be played

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:47 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Not helping either is LG's apparent personal rep for being a creepy, sketchy dude, which I have heard from multiple people over the years.

:lol: He definitely looks that way, but I actually met him once a few years ago and he seemed pretty laid back and just chill, I got a picture with him and everything.

Runko wrote:
Not to mention his vocals have deteriorated completely to an incoherent gargle where he very conveniently doesn't have to remember lyrics, because he always sucked at that anyway. And he used to be one of the best growlers in the game. Oh well.

Not that I disagree, but at least he's actually growling again instead of just shouting like he was doing 15 years ago. And I think his voice on the Firespawn albums are passable, but yeah, live he's utterly atrocious.

Thy Shrine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:50 pm 

Wait, what sketchy shit is L.G Petrov involved with? I don't think I've heard anything about the guy bad or good.

Perhaps.

Runko
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:28 pm 

true_death wrote:
Runko wrote:

Not that I disagree, but at least he's actually growling again instead of just shouting like he was doing 15 years ago. And I think his voice on the Firespawn albums are passable, but yeah, live he's utterly atrocious.

I would happily take his Tom Araya-ish shouts any fucking day over the gargled nonsense he's been doing since Serpent Saints, and it's only gotten worse ever since. It's incomprehensible to me how people think he sounds good in Firespawn.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 pm 

Thy Shrine wrote:
Wait, what sketchy shit is L.G Petrov involved with? I don't think I've heard anything about the guy bad or good.

The word I've received is that he creeps on women and regularly makes them uncomfortable whenever he gets an opportunity.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:33 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Thy Shrine wrote:

The word I've received is that he creeps on women and regularly makes them uncomfortable whenever he gets an opportunity.

To add to this, I'll just throw out that the reason LG was briefly fired from Entombed in 1991 (and isn't on Clandestine) is apparently because Nicke Andersson got drunk at a party and thought LG was trying to hit on his girlfriend, so he fired him :lol:.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:58 am 

At long last, this thread can be brought back from the dead, and for VERY good reason.

This is what happens when you have an alcoholic drummer.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom/Black Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Rico McPato
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:33 am 

Wow, I am not super familiar with Kingdom Come but Do You Like It is a cool song and it sounds awful.
This is Kottak right? Already fired from Scorpions for being a drunk

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:43 am 

Apparently he's also a serious racist as well, which makes it even more okay to laugh at and viciously mock this sloppy drunk fuck's sloppy drunk fuckery.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom/Black Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Maggot penetration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:18 am 

Just googled it
Kottak tweeted:

“You know I am sick of every other commercial having inter racial couples…this is not reality. It is Hollywood shoving it down our throat. I don’t have one friend or friends who live in this category…just saying”

Now, leaving aside all racist and anti-racist ideas and outrage, as personally I don't consider myself the daddy of anybody but my own kid and don't try to raise other adults, I do like to point out that whilst there maybe may be some companies that want to promote a worldview or try to appear inclusive as it's currently a hot topic, when it comes to advertising, people trying to sell their often useless crap to as many as possible, the main reason to have an interracial couple who has dinner with their gay friends from different races and so on is quite simply to appeal to as many consumers as possible. That's how capitalism works. There are more poc now, more gay people live their lives openly, they have money to spend. That's often all there is to it.
People seem to have a need to see people that look like themselves. That's why some moan about that there are fewer people that look like them in adverts and movies now whilst others moan about that there still aren't enough people that look like them, as if it has a real impact on their own lives as little worker bees. In either case the main intention is to part you from your cash!

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:39 am 

Kingdom Come’s live footage is golden! I mean, can you also imagine being a kind of person who’s really excited to see Kingdom Come? I wonder if Greta Van Fleet see this as some horrible premonition?

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:59 am 

Not bad footage but not great either. In any case, Vince Neil lost his voice and quit performing onstage. This is straight out of a Metalocalypse episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YE3LsPkk8

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:27 pm 

The most infuriating bit about that "Shout It Out" performance is how it's just a simple backbeat but he can't even play it at a steady midtempo.

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:34 pm 

Maggot penetration wrote:
Just googled it
Kottak tweeted:

“You know I am sick of every other commercial having inter racial couples…this is not reality. It is Hollywood shoving it down our throat. I don’t have one friend or friends who live in this category…just saying”

Now, leaving aside all racist and anti-racist ideas and outrage, as personally I don't consider myself the daddy of anybody but my own kid and don't try to raise other adults, I do like to point out that whilst there maybe may be some companies that want to promote a worldview or try to appear inclusive as it's currently a hot topic, when it comes to advertising, people trying to sell their often useless crap to as many as possible, the main reason to have an interracial couple who has dinner with their gay friends from different races and so on is quite simply to appeal to as many consumers as possible. That's how capitalism works. There are more poc now, more gay people live their lives openly, they have money to spend. That's often all there is to it.
People seem to have a need to see people that look like themselves. That's why some moan about that there are fewer people that look like them in adverts and movies now whilst others moan about that there still aren't enough people that look like them, as if it has a real impact on their own lives as little worker bees. In either case the main intention is to part you from your cash!

I wonder why an old racist isn't friends with any interracial couples...

Maggot penetration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:42 pm 

He seems to have a drinking problem, who knows what's going on with him. He was in the Scorpions, you'd think he wouldn't care about some crap like adverts (every single one of them shit anyway. Once I'm in power they will become very bland, only actual information about the product and the product can be shown. Roadside advertising will be outlawed for being an eyesore)

I've seen similar complaints about adverts that show all men/dads as incompetent. Ok, yeah, it's stupid but who watches this crap anyway, let alone takes it sersiously?

TheJizzHammer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:19 pm 

According to Kottak in previous interviews; he keeps having periods of sobriety that last maybe a year or two before he returns to drinking. Whats shitty about relapse is when you pick the bottle back up you usually wind up worse off than you did before, and the withdrawals are usually worse when you try quitting again. Speaking as a recovering alcoholic - he can either get on the wagon and stay there, or he can let the booze kill him early - embarrassing himself and hurting people who care about him along the way.

Shitty thing is, based on the absurd shit he's said in the past, if he does sober up he'll likely still be a huge asswipe; just a dry one. If he's bitter about being booted by the Scorpions, that just aggravates things, drunk or not. I used to jam 'Do You Like It' with a buddy of mine who was obsessed with all things 80s rock/metal. This just puts a nauseating spin on it.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:42 pm 

this was the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. So happy I was at this gig!!!
I honestly cant recall ever laughing so hard!!!

wone21r
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:54 pm 

Can't overlook this classic:

Metal Shark
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:30 pm 

Runko wrote:
Oh, and this entire concert is probably the funniest thing on the internet.

WHY is there a CAR on stage? Are they trying to sell it?

"A great deal HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!"

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:57 pm 

Some of these are kinda depressing to watch. Old bands, who are older than this thread is (no mean feat, that) but still soldier on as a shadow of themselves- I know, everyone gets old but sheesh, some of these are cringy. Paul Di'anno for example- while he certainly doesn't LOOK very good, I almost got the feeling that, if he actually tried to sing the lyrics in time with the music (instead of just randomly reciting them at random intervals) and had some discipline, he could actually still pull it off. But those performances were just...what the fuck was he DOING?

But here's one from a band in their prime: Megadeth opening for Dio on the Dream Evil tour in the spring of 1988, right after "So Far...so Good...So what?" came out. I was actually in the audience for this one. It was at the Kaiser Convention Center in Oakland, California. Megadeth was at their peak, an out of the three times I saw them in this period, they actually crushed it two out of those three times. This time- it was like, "So far GONE...NO good, NOW what??"

Mustaine was so drunk he could barely stand up, let alone play (and he was fucking up the lyrics as well as the playing, and would sometimes just randomly stop in the middle of the songs) And between the songs, he would just go on incoherent drunken rants. After a few songs of this, the crowd got visibly restless, and some up in the front were even spitting at him. Luckily Dio's performance saved the evening, because otherwise there was no saving grace for this shit show.

Here's some footage, although this is mostly the between song rants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t688BmlnypU

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:24 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U_Zef_ ... l=housepig

metal or not, this AxCx is one of the stupidest I've ever seen. Failing to jump back on the stage, dropping the mic then just yelling at it, pushing people in the "crowd", Seth's a straight up mess

King_of_Arnor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:54 pm 

TheJizzHammer wrote:
According to Kottak in previous interviews; he keeps having periods of sobriety that last maybe a year or two before he returns to drinking. Whats shitty about relapse is when you pick the bottle back up you usually wind up worse off than you did before, and the withdrawals are usually worse when you try quitting again. Speaking as a recovering alcoholic - he can either get on the wagon and stay there, or he can let the booze kill him early - embarrassing himself and hurting people who care about him along the way.

Shitty thing is, based on the absurd shit he's said in the past, if he does sober up he'll likely still be a huge asswipe; just a dry one. If he's bitter about being booted by the Scorpions, that just aggravates things, drunk or not. I used to jam 'Do You Like It' with a buddy of mine who was obsessed with all things 80s rock/metal. This just puts a nauseating spin on it.

He's now being reported dead. RIP
https://blabbermouth.net/news/former-sc ... dead-at-61

Goatizer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:53 pm 

Lemmy in the music video “I don’t beleive a word” he does this trick all slick” like he reaches over the top of the neck rather than under to pick a note, kind of halarious, I’m still a big Lemmy fan, but my god that comes across as stupid

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8