Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:34 am 

I hope Triosphere really gets it right this time. Never been as impressed with them as I want to be, though they've always been interesting at least...

Pagan's Mind would be something. Jesus is that band a throwback. Celestial Entrance is really good for a very dated album now.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:22 pm 

Triosphere have been getting better over time--the debut was garbo, The Road Less Travelled was great, and then The Heart of the Matter was outstanding. I'm hoping if they do have a new album coming, the curve keeps going in that direction.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:56 pm 

The Heart of The Matter was one of my favourite releases from that year and one of my favourite releases of that style ever. It's very rare that an album in that style is so immediately memorable to me. Pagan's Mind never really topped Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic: Calling, but I still think that God's Equation and Heavenly Ecstasy are worthy albums with some great songs, so hopefully any new release can at least match those two.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 am 

The Heart of the Matter started strong, but it seemed like they only really had like one idea and kept doing that over and over - don't get me wrong, I love some riffy, complex prog/power, but it just didn't seem like they had really mastered what they were going for yet.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 am 

I had never even heard of Triosphere before, but when they got announced for ProgPower I tracked down The Heart of the Matter and I've been listening to it almost non-stop. The first four songs especially are so insanely good.

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:50 am 

Mammoth Grinder's new album Cosmic Crypt comes out on the 26th of Jan, I'm pretty hype for that one.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am 

Wow, didn't realise The Heart of the Matter came out in 2014. Doesn't seem that long ago. Hopefully they will keep to the 4 yearly album schedule.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:06 am 

Metal_On_The_Ascendant wrote:
Virgin Steele

Speaking of VS, a new message regarding upcoming music:
Spoiler: show
Mark Gorman Happy New year to you too Brother and a Happy New Year to ALL!

Yes the new year will bring the first 2 albums with bonus material. And in addition to that there will also be coming this Spring a 4 disc box set containing 2 brand new discs.

Many cheers to all,

VS HOME OFFICE

Mark Gorman

Sounds like the same hype the band had posted about before Nocturnes eventually got released...and I'm not expecting the band to deliver anything worthy anymore but eh, whatever.

Myrkrarfar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:06 am 

So many anticipated albums coming up: Abigor, Summoning, Watain, Tribulation, Shining, Skogen, Amorphis, Necrophobic, Panphage...

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 am 

This is going to be good.
Spectral Lore/ Jute Gyte - Helian

Sample here:
https://soundcloud.com/i-voidhanger-rec ... m=facebook

Release at 19/01

Banach
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:49 am 

I Am the Law wrote:
The new Necrophobic is due out Feb 23. First album with the "Nocturnal Silence" vocalist Anders Strokirk since he came back to the band. They are really going back to the old days with the artwork which is done by Necrolord

Kind of reminds me of the artwork from Darkside.

Oh, I didn't know Anders was back on vocals. Interesting. Unfortunately Parland is no longer with us so I can't really see them managing something as incredible as NS (or even Darkside), but I'm really curious about what they'll come up with nontheless.

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 am 

Track list:

1. Juggernaut
2. The Outsider
3. Lost At Midnite
4. Black Smoke
5. The One
6. Annabelle
7. Hidden In The Dark
8. Sleep Deep
9. Let Me Kneel
10. American Woman
11. Give Me Reason

Can't wait for this to come out. I'm really looking forward to this.

LOC78SK
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:10 pm 

https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/al ... -perdition Abigor is live

jdagger
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm 

Of those already mentioned, looking forward to new releases from Judas Priest, Amorphis, Alice in Chains, Primordial, Tribulation, Sulphur Aeon, Orphaned Land, and mgla.

Also looking forward to; At The Gates, Daylight Dies (currently in the studio) and Clutch , for a non-metal release.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:47 pm 

Khemmis stated they are about to go into the recording studio for a summer album release.
The debut and Hunted were only a year apart and while the debut was solid, Hunted is a damn near masterpiece. Hunted was my favorite album of 2016 and sure this one will be of a similar caliber.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 am 

So the first album of the year I'm checking out is Watain's Trident Wolf Eclipse. It's very good, great production on it as well. Nuclear Alchemy is an amazing opener, and the album then seems to alternate between good and alright songs. That being said, despite some weaker cuts, the great songs slay and the production is so good it's just nice to listen to.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 am 

Panopticon announced their (his?) next album a few days ago. Release date is in March.

Wrldeatr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 am 

Whatever Bolt Thrower appears to be announcing.
Children of Bodom, perhaps some back to the roots type album (again) since they've been playing the old songs on the anniversary tour.
Eluveitie
Wouldn't mind a new Psycroptic album but haven't heard any plans.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 am 

Cor Scorpii has been teasing the new album on their Facebook for awhile now, but we still don't have a release date. And here's the obligatory mention of Coroner, Coroner, Coroner. Who, by the way, only mentioned a new album last year but never actually promised anything.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 am 

Wrldeatr wrote:
Children of Bodom, perhaps some back to the roots type album (again) since they've been playing the old songs on the anniversary tour.
Eluveitie

Eluveitie just put out an album less than 6 months ago. They're already releasing another one in 2018?

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:14 pm 

New Destroyer 666 EP "Call of the Wild" coming in February. First song. Looking good.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm 

February 23th is going to be a good day for Indianapolis metal as Sacred Leather and Apostle of Solitude are both releasing albums on Cruz del sar Music that day.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 am 

hallowed78 wrote:

New Destroyer 666 EP "Call of the Wild" coming in February. First song. Looking good.

Did D666 turn into Carnivore?

Wrldeatr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
Wrldeatr wrote:
Eluveitie

Eluveitie just put out an album less than 6 months ago. They're already releasing another one in 2018?

Not sure, Everything Remains was released a year after Evocation I. So it's possible. I was thinking maybe there's more from where Rebirth came from.

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:20 am 

Let's see, not much that I can think of honestly. [Judas Priest, Deicide, Watain, Tool, Earthride, Deceased, Alice in Chains]

Still got a big list of albums to check out from 2017 and maybe even some from 2015/16 as well.....
The Obsessed, Suffocation, Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Electric Wizard, Incantation, Dread Sovereign, Abbath, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Soulfly, Exist, Flotsam & Jetsam, Diamond Head, Marilyn Manson, Faith No More, The Cult, Iggy Pop/Josh Homme, Jesus & Mary Chain, Rolling Stones, Clutch, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift (fo' realz y'all) - (checked off Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, Mastodon, Iced Earth, Testament, Arch Enemy, Defeated Sanity, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Pentagram, AC/DC, and Iron Maiden at least).

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02 am 

Wrldeatr wrote:
Eluveitie

I really, really hope they don't try that shit again. Seriously... every other album seems to be a "halfway back to the old sound" attempt. IWC was an oddball in the timeline because it had one or two legitimate throwback melodies, but it still sounds stilted and awkward when they try it. Plus everything else was putrid beyond reason.

They should try another Are You Dead Yet? That album still had plenty of great melodic bits, more than anything after it. I remember being excited when Blooddrunk came out, but even then I thought it sounded "off."
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:56 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
I had never even heard of Triosphere before, but when they got announced for ProgPower I tracked down The Heart of the Matter and I've been listening to it almost non-stop. The first four songs especially are so insanely good.

Another great discovery thanks to this board. I hadn't even heard of this band before I read this series of posts. I really like what I hear. Those are some powerhouse female vocals!

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:57 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

Another great discovery thanks to this board. I hadn't even heard of this band before I read this series of posts. I really like what I hear. Those are some powerhouse female vocals!

I shill for them all the time, but no one ever cared... ;A;

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm 

Aside from Corrosion of Conformity next week and the Phil Answlmo album, I’m not too aware of new stuff at this point. I know Rivers Of Nihil should be out soon, as well as Slugdge me I’m super excited for both those. I have really high hopes for a new Marduk this year as well as a new Cattle Decapitation and Misery Indexbut that’s just being hopeful on my part.

Also just thinking of bands that have really disappeared, where the hell has Deicide been? Aeon?

mcbiggah99
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 pm 

Why, the new Alkaloid of course! Can't forget Inferi either.

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:31 pm 

Don't think this was mentioned and the preview tracks are quite nice(and some reviews of it are really positive)

Arketh - 12 Winter Moons Comes the Witches Brew
https://arkheth.bandcamp.com/album/12-w ... lack-metal

Experimental/avant-garde black

Out February 20.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm 

2018 is shaping up to be a spectacular year for doom metal!

Mournful Congregation is going to release "The Incubus of Karma" in March.

Esoteric has a new album in the works, unsure of its release date or title though.

The Fall of Every Season has a new album as well, I've been following its development all last year. He has posted clips and demos from the recording process - super super hyped for what the final result may sound like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWlxKdsz_Y

Omit is probably releasing Medusa Truth, Part 2 this year.

Outside of doom metal, I wouldn't be surprised to see new albums from both Rivers of Nihil and Black Crown Initiate this year. Both would be highly anticipated. I am a bit biased since they are both from my hometown of Reading, PA.

I also hope for more surprises this year. With Nortt awakening from a slumber and releasing Endeligt, anything could be possible. The return of Elysian Blaze, perhaps? Or maybe Abyssmal Sorrow returns. More stuff from The Austrasian Goat would be awesome as well.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Mournful Congregation is going to release "The Incubus of Karma" in March.

Cool! I had no idea about this. I haven't listened to much of Mournful Congregation recently, but they're a cool band.

Goatfangs wrote:
Esoteric has a new album in the works, unsure of its release date or title though.

These guys have been silent for ages now, so a new album would be nice to hear. I wonder if it'll retain the strength of their other material, though, considering the gap.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:17 pm 

Sojourner are apparently releasing a new album within this year. They're also playing their first live show in Glasgow in April. I've just recently started listening to Empires of Ash, but I really dig it. This is something that's going to be on my radar (the album, not so much the gig; definitely can't make that trek).

https://www.facebook.com/metalsojourner ... 2507117347

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:32 am 

Haavard Jorgensen (ex-Ulver) is posting clips of his upcoming solo album... and surprisingly it seems to be folk influenced black metal!
His playing on the early ulver albums was a huge inspiration for me, and i'm really intrigued :)

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 am 

hooded menace is releasing a new album later this month, and here's three preview tracks off it:

cover art is really cool as usual with these guys - except the album title on it looks like it belongs on a nightwish album

in case someone doesn't know the band, they play old school death/doom

Last edited by joppek on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 am 

New info on Axel Rudi Pell's new album: facebook

New album KNIGHTS CALL will be released worldwide on March 23rd 2018 on Steamhammer / SPV !!!
Available as:
- Ltd. DigiPak incl. Poster
- Jewel Case Clear Tray Edition
- 2LP Gatefold, 180 g, red vinyl with black swirls, printed inner sleeves, CD in paper sleeve
- Ltd Boxset incl.: CD Digi, 2LP, Stainless Steel Skull Beer Mug , A1 Poster, Sticker, Photocard, Patch (Europe only)
- Download
- Streaming

Tracklisting:
1) THE MEDIEVAL OVERTURE (INTRO) - 01:43
2) THE WILD AND THE YOUNG - 04:20
3) WILDEST DREAMS - 05:43
4) LONG LIVE ROCK - 05:34
5) THE CRUSADERS OF DOOM - 08:01
6) TRUTH AND LIES - 04:48
7) BEYOND THE LIGHT - 07:45
8) SLAVES ON THE RUN - 05:13
9) FOLLOW THE SUN - 05:12
10) TOWER OF BABYLON - 09:50

putrenista
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 am 

joppek wrote:
hooded menace is releasing a new album later this month, and here's three preview tracks off it:

cover art is really cool as usual with these guys - except the album title on it looks like it belongs on a nightwish album

in case someone doesn't know the band, they play old school death/doom

Fucking amazing cover artwork. I've heard a little bit of Hooded Menace in the past, but I may have to check this one out, along with that new Bell Witch and Spectral Voice.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:15 am 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
New info on Axel Rudi Pell's new album: facebook

It's amazing to me how little he changes things up for every album; all the same structure and style and sound. I'd get so bored as a member of this band.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:05 pm 

So, The Crown just announced a new album called "Cobra Speed Venom", whatever that means. A video for the song "Iron Crown" has been posted on Youtube as well

My first impression is it sounds more in line with Doomsday King or their later pre-breakup albums. It definitely sounds better than Death Is Not Dead at any rate.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next