Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:38 am 

Got my Timeghoul CD today. Not impressed with the postal services. Even though it came super-quick, the Digipak was bent so badly the tray is cracked and the whole package has a very noticeable concave bend. Luckily the CD seems fine, but I'm bloody pissed. Guess it's partially my fault since I forgot to ask DDR to mark the package as "fragile". Not the first time this has happened either. Still stoked to listen to it regardless.

Also got the new Perversor EP.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 am 

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
Got my Timeghoul CD today. Not impressed with the postal services. Even though it came super-quick, the Digipak was bent so badly the tray is cracked and the whole package has a very noticeable concave bend. Luckily the CD seems fine, but I'm bloody pissed. Guess it's partially my fault since I forgot to ask DDR to mark the package as "fragile". Not the first time this has happened either. Still stoked to listen to it regardless.

Where do you live? Send me an email.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:11 am 

you can replace those trays, just heat up the blobs of glue and they come off.
Perversor FTW!

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:35 am 

ogmetal wrote:
The_Minstrel51 wrote:

Where do you live? Send me an email.

Done.

dreadmeat wrote:

Normally I probably would try that, but the cardboard itself is bent pretty brutally. I'm rather surprised that the disc seemed to survive.

EDIT: typos

Last edited by The_Minstrel51 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:41 am 

The_Minstrel51 wrote:
deadmeat wrote:
Normally I probably would try that, but the cardboard itself is bent pretty brutally. I'm rather surprised that the disc seemed to survive.
deadmeat, my ebil twin :lol:

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:43 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
deadmeat, my ebil twin :lol:

Lol my bad. "Ebil" indeed. Reminds me of Deathchain.

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:07 am 

Got Samael's Ceremony of Opposites and Moonspell's Under Satanae today. I have to say, I've already given each of them a couple of spins and they sound pretty fucking excellent.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:24 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Isvind - Dark Waters Stir ( Colored Lp)
Isvind - Intet Lever ( Colored Lp)

Aptorian Demon - Libertus ( Colored lp, insert and poster) Was supposed to come with a shirt to, but it wasn't ready yet. I will get it soon.

Branikald - Раздувая Тинг Ветров (Rising Up the Thing of the Winds) (Digipack)
Nokturnal Mortum - Kolovorot ( Digipack, double Cd)
Teitanblood - Black Putrescence of Evil
Paul Chain - Park of Reason

That Isvind vinyls look really great, I ordered the same colors and should receive them today or on Monday. By the way, where did you order the Nokturnal Mortum Live CD? I only discovered it on Ebay and from the label until now but no other from my favourite distros already carries it.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:31 am 

Asti78 wrote:
forestcorpse wrote:
Isvind - Dark Waters Stir ( Colored Lp)
Isvind - Intet Lever ( Colored Lp)

Aptorian Demon - Libertus ( Colored lp, insert and poster) Was supposed to come with a shirt to, but it wasn't ready yet. I will get it soon.

Branikald - Раздувая Тинг Ветров (Rising Up the Thing of the Winds) (Digipack)
Nokturnal Mortum - Kolovorot ( Digipack, double Cd)
Teitanblood - Black Putrescence of Evil
Paul Chain - Park of Reason

That Isvind vinyls look really great, I ordered the same colors and should receive them today or on Monday. By the way, where did you order the Nokturnal Mortum Live CD? I only discovered it on Ebay and from the label until now but no other from my favourite distros already carries it.

Yes, the Isvind lp looks great! Kyrck releases are always quality!

I got the Nokturna Mortum cd from a place called: Fog Music Shop, ukraninan label.
http://www.fog-music-shop.com/shop/inde ... en&op=list

Also got the Branikald and Teitanblood there. And free shipping!

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 am 

forestcorpse wrote:
Asti78 wrote:

Yes, the Isvind lp looks great! Kyrck releases are always quality!

I got the Nokturna Mortum cd from a place called: Fog Music Shop, ukraninan label.
http://www.fog-music-shop.com/shop/inde ... en&op=list

Also got the Branikald and Teitanblood there. And free shipping!

Thanks for the link, looks interesting. Need to check that store as they seem to have some nice albums there. I bought the Branikald some weeks ago from a German Distro that usually carries all NM stuff but not this new live CD.

My stuff also came in today:

Isvind - Dark waters stir LP
Isvind - Intet Lever LP
Aosoth - Our crown of sins 7"
Protector - The return of thrash and madness 7" in gold and white/red vinyl
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:13 pm 

Pagan Altar - The Time Lord
Wolfsangel - Widdershins

Coming home to packages of releases you've been trying to find for years is the best feeling ever.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm 

Helloween - Walls of Jericho
This is awesome shit.

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
This is awesome shit.

Yes it is. Did you get the expanded edition with the Helloween EP as bonus tracks? Victim of Fate is out of this fucking world. Possibly their best song from the Hansen era.

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:32 pm 

tehfoks wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
This is awesome shit.

Yes it is. Did you get the expanded edition with the Helloween EP as bonus tracks? Victim of Fate is out of this fucking world. Possibly their best song from the Hansen era.

Yes, it's the expanded edition with fifteen tracks, plus a second disc with some bonus stuff on it. Really, really cool.

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:36 pm 

Awesome. Now I have to listen to Helloween. :headbang:

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

Starwind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 am 

Wandered into a record store in Toronto (Sonic Boom!) and was surprised by the sheer amount of awesome death metal that someone had to regrettably part with. Oh well, my gain. All used, for 5-10 bucks a pop:

Depravity - Silence of the Centuries - The complete discography reissue from Dark Descent. Sorry Og, meant to order it from your label when I got Timeghoul, but that's a deal I can't pass up.
Funebre - Children of the Scorn - Xtreem Music reissue with the two demos.
Slugathor - Echoes from Beneath
Ataraxy - Curse of the Requiem Mass

I also picked up some non-death metal stuff I'd been looking for for a little while:

Ani DiFranco - Not So Soft (the fish out of water)
Attomica - s/t debut
Axegrinder - Rise of the Serpent Men
Swans - Filth/Body to Body, Job to Job

Finally, Disma's debut came in at last (I ordered that shit at the local record shop in the fall...) and Timeghoul is on its way.

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 am 

Didn't get anything today, but hell yes, Sonic Boom! Best place for metal in the Toronto area, especially after the HMV superstore unceremoniously slashed its metal selection by like half.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:45 am 

That stuff was Ed Z's. He turned into a Buddha or joined a cult or something and had to trade in his worldly possessions for money for David Koresh.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm 

cult of luna? kult of azazel? cult of personality?! :tinfoil:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:31 pm 

/

Last edited by dreadmeat on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roxyben
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 pm 

Picked up Darkthrones Sardonic Wrath and a first pressing of Tartaros-The Grand Psychotic Castle from a second hand record store yesterday. Both for pretty cheap. Love the Darkthrone but not too sure about the Tartaros cd yet. Its a pretty bizarre listen! Darkthrone on the other hand, well its Darkthrone!!!

Wargus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 am 

Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Eluveitie - Everything Remains as It Never Was
Eluveitie - Helvetios

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 am 

Not much metal lately been on a noise/scuzz rock kick lately, though i have a few metal items in the post to look forward to.

Kittens - Bazooka and the Hustler cd
Cows - Cunning Stunts cd

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:00 am 

Got these tapes the other day:

Harow - Tour MMXI
River - s/t
Vault Dweller - Messenger of Doom

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 am 

Asti78, which German distro?

CountBlagorath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 pm 

In the mail this morning from Hells Headbangers!
Enslaved -"Frost" (2011 LP Osmose reissue. I've been wanting this album for years, but just never got around to it. Glad I found the LP version!)
Wschod -"O Dumie, Sile I Ogniu" (Tape, #181/300. I've been wanting to give this a listen for a LONG time)
Witchclan -"Misanthropist" (CD. I had to pick this up since I loved the 2010 demo AND my name is in the thanks! :D )

666Emperor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:45 pm 

My order from HRR arrived today!

Falkenbach - Heralding - The Fireblade (Golden vinyl)
Maveth - Of Serpent and Shadow

And this beauty

Carpathian Forest - Bloodlust and Perversion (Die hard edition)

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 pm 

Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line

Just grabbed this used off Amazon, finally killing off all gift cards from xmas. I've sampled a song or two from this band but I don't think any of them were from this album. I was honestly looking for either of the first two as they seemed the most "aggressive" riffwise. Those were exorbitant and this one was reasonable (10$ before shipping) so I'm taking a gamble. I don't own ANYTHING with folk elements, I don't think.

Starwind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm 

DarthVenom wrote:
Didn't get anything today, but hell yes, Sonic Boom! Best place for metal in the Toronto area, especially after the HMV superstore unceremoniously slashed its metal selection by like half.

Yeah, nearly every HMV is downsizing and removing large quantities of music in favour of DVDs and video games. One store I used to frequent tossed all of their music into one terrible muddy section. They had composers next to metal bands next to classic rock and top 40 artists. It became impossible to browse for fucking anything. The Superstore also sold a section of their store to some clothing store. I used to go there more than Sonic Boom just out of familiarity and ease of access (it's so close to Union) but nowadays I can't argue with cheaper prices more selection and incredibly awesome used CDs. Sonic Boom really restored my faith in local record stores: I was getting ready to abandon physical stores for online distro entirely.

My friend and I have been frequenting a bar down in the Annex, so I'm usually picking stuff up there every week or two. Next time I'm hoping that the Benediction CDs they received earlier are still there.

BPA
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 pm 

Procession - The Cult of Disease (EP version released by Doomentia, so it lacks the Burn demo material)
Timeghoul - Discography 1992-1994 (came today. It's amazing)

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm 

Quote:
Yeah, nearly every HMV is downsizing and removing large quantities of music in favour of DVDs and video games. One store I used to frequent tossed all of their music into one terrible muddy section. They had composers next to metal bands next to classic rock and top 40 artists. It became impossible to browse for fucking anything. The Superstore also sold a section of their store to some clothing store. I used to go there more than Sonic Boom just out of familiarity and ease of access (it's so close to Union) but nowadays I can't argue with cheaper prices more selection and incredibly awesome used CDs. Sonic Boom really restored my faith in local record stores: I was getting ready to abandon physical stores for online distro entirely.

My local HMV removed their video game section entirely last week (they don't really do liquidation sales, they just remove their stuff and hope nobody notices), but at least it has an actual metal section, unlike the one in Pickering where everything from Miles Davis to Unleashed is "rock/pop". But the thing that gets me lately is how ever since the new management took over, less and less units have been shipping to the stores, and slower. They were even sold out of very mainstream stuff like the new Anthrax when I got there on release day because they only got in 4 units to that store for the entire week. Inexplicable.

You should also check out the second floor of the Sunrise Records just a block away from the HMV superstore downtown. They didn't used to be all that great, but they recently put a section aside for a ton of very cheap underground metal, all used. Whenever I've been to that section, I've made out with at least a handful, and a lighter wallet. It's not great for the more melodic side of metal (though I did find Riot - Fire Down Under there for six bucks), but it's got a smorgasbord of death/black.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:21 pm 

Rotting_Christ_Mike wrote:
Asti78, which German distro?

You mean the Branikald? Ordered this from Merchant of Death Mailorder, but they don't have it in stock any more. Unfortunately they usually only get smaller amounts from a lot of the great albums and these sell out pretty quickly.

Roxyben
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 pm 

Got through today,
Goetia-Wolfthorn
Shaidar Logoth-Chapter I - The Peddler
Amulet-Cut the Crap
Niantiel - Cavern Of The Skeletal Spirits
Axis of Light - By the Hands of the Consuming Fire

Wargus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:56 pm 

Just ordered at Those Opposed Records :
Nokturnal Mortum - Kolovorot

MariusBR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 pm 

My first haul of the year from two distro`s. Terratur possessions and Duplicate Records in Norway both of them.

ARCKANUM - Fran Marder Pic.LP 18 EUR/150 NOK -LP
ASH POOL - For Which He Plies The Lash 18 EUR/150 NOK - LP
SAMAEL - Ceremony Of Opposites 18 EUR/150 NOK - LP
THE RUINS OF BEVERAST - Enchanted By Gravemould 18 EUR/150 - LP
ASH POOL - World Turns on Its Hinge 12 EUR/100 NOK - CD
BETHLEHEM - S.U.I.Z.I.D. 15 EUR/120 NOK - CD
DEATHSPELL OMEGA - Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice 15 EUR/120 NOK - CD
MORTUALIA - Blood of the Hermit 12 EUR/100 NOK - CD
NEGATIVE PLANE - Stained Glass Revelations 15 EUR/120 NOK - CD
THE RUINS OF BEVERAST - Rain upon the Impure 15 EUR/120 NOK - CD
THE RUINS OF BEVERAST - Unlock The Shrine 15 EUR/120 NOK - CD

APTORIAN DEMON - Libertus LP € 20.00
THE ATLAS MOTH -An Ache For The Distance CD € 10.00
BERGRAVEN - Till Makabert Väsen CD € 10.00
DEVIL - Time To Repent CD € 12.00
ENCOFFINATION -O' Hell, Shine In Thy Whited Sepulchres CD € 12.00
GNAW THEIR TONGUES - An Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood Digi CD € 8.00
GNAW THEIR TONGUES - All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity Digi CD € 10.00
GNAW THEIR TONGUES - Per Flagellum Sanguemque, Tenebras Veneramus Digi CD € 12.00
HEREM - Pulsa diNura CD € 6.00
INFERNAL MAJESTY - None Shall Defy CD € 8.00
INQUISITION - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrososm Double LP € 18.00
KAOSRITUAL - Svøpt Morgenrød CD € 10.00
MARE -Spheres Like Death MCD € 10.00
PENTAGRAM - Review Your Choices PIC.LP + 7"EP € 20.00
SLOUGH FEG -The Animal Spirits CD € 10.00
TEITANBLOOD - Purging Tongues 12"EP € 13.00
YUREI - Working Class Demon Digi CD € 11.00

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm 

Just bought Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction. Can't wait to hear it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 pm 

just got these in the mail today much to my delight

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
just got these in the mail today much to my delight

I preordered one yesterday. :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:47 am 

YZORDDERREX > say that 10 times quickly :eek:

my last haul a couple of days ago

exodus - shovel headed tour machine triple dvd
megadeth - rude awakening dvd
slayer - seasons in the abyss [fuck, oops! i already have one of these ha ha]
slayer - south of heaven
kyuss - muchas gracias [best of, a few tunes i’ve not heard before on this]
sepultura - ‘against’ promo cd
over kill - fuck you and then some
les claypool [being awesome with some dudes live, playing some sausage tunes and pink floyd etc, disc two is the entire pink floyd album 'animals' live, it’s excellent.]
sigh - gallows gallery [reissued and remixed by james murphy]
sigh - hail horror hail [original]
anthrax - stomp 442
hypocrisy - catch 22
hypocrisy - the arrival
hypocrisy - virus [with bonus live dvd]

Buried_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:41 am 

CountBlagorath wrote:

In the mail this morning from Hells Headbangers!
Enslaved -"Frost" (2011 LP Osmose reissue. I've been wanting this album for years, but just never got around to it. Glad I found the LP version!)
Wschod -"O Dumie, Sile I Ogniu" (Tape, #181/300. I've been wanting to give this a listen for a LONG time)
Witchclan -"Misanthropist" (CD. I had to pick this up since I loved the 2010 demo AND my name is in the thanks! :D )

Cheers for buying and supporting the Witchclan -"Misanthropist" CD release!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 768  Next