Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Megiddo777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 3:48 am 

FLAMEKEEPER was founded by the Italian musician and spiritual agitator Marco S. Vermiglio in 2018 after his desire to write and perform music that stands as a beacon for hope in tumultuous times and as a reminder that, even in the darkest of moments, the human spirit remains unbreakable.

In 2019, Marco relocated from his hometown Rome, Italy to Stockholm, Sweden and that's where the international mosaic that constitutes the FLAMEKEEPER's live line-up took its form, featuring Filipe Jesus Minhava from Portugal on guitar, Davide Benincaso from Italy on bass and Axel Johansson from Sweden on drums, with Vermiglio leading the band as the main vocalist.

The 2024 self-titled debut album established FLAMEKEEPER's epic, life-affirming and explosive sound: anthemic choruses suitable for stadium-wide sing-alongs alternate with intimate and dramatic instrumental sections, echoing the Southern European heritage brought by Vermiglio and Minhava. While drawing inspiration from classic acts like Metallica, Dio and Manowar, FLAMEKEEPER deliberately rejects nostalgic clichés, focusing exclusively on telling the story of how finding out who you really are, living according to your nature and embracing your purpose in this world represent the only key to achieve true freedom.

Watch the music video for the main single "Flamekeeper"

and stream the full album on Youtube or Spotify

MetlaNZ
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 4:57 am 

I couldn't make it past about a minute of that video. I was laughing so hard I fuckin puked, just had to turn it off after that, too hilarious for me.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:00 am 

MetlaNZ wrote:
I couldn't make it past about a minute of that video. I was laughing so hard I fuckin puked, just had to turn it off after that, too hilarious for me.

I thought I was the only one. Seriously, what the fart is this crap? :lol:

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 9:27 am 

I remember checking out their 2019 EP when I was in the middle of a blackened heavy metal binge. Go figure there’s nothing blackened about this but not much really stands out even taking it for what it is.

Reply to topic