Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 pm 

Eliran Kantor can be a good artist but sometimes he just does faux-impressionistic-canvas stuff and that is the absolute pit of that style. The Goldsworthy is a more creative update of the original sleeve image.
(both work digitally of course, no problem with that)

Although in the Kantor, the breaking glass refracting the evil face in the sky is a nice touch.

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:20 pm 

Metal Shark wrote:
hallowed78 wrote:
I wonder if Max will leave Cavalera after re-recording Roots.

:lol:

+1 :lol:

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

Rodman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:50 pm 

I don't expect all of my metal heroes to be Blind Guardian or Vader, still producing vital albums in their third or fourth decade as a band. It's totally fine to be Judas Priest - devoid of fresh ideas but still writing fun songs in the spirit of your classic albums. Call me crazy, but how about the Cavaliers try to write new songs that sound reminiscent of Schizophrenia and Beneath the Remains rather than pulling this mindless cash-grabbing Kevin Smith bullshit.

Embarrassing.

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 1:55 am 

preordered it immediately.

However I will not now, not ever, be interested in BtR or Arise rerecordings as those originals are perfect already

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:35 am 

If they're gonna re-record Beneath the Remains, at least come up with an appealing title such as Beneath the Ramones.

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

goetia_unreleased
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am 

morbert wrote:
However I will not now, not ever, be interested in BtR or Arise rerecordings as those originals are perfect already

Just you wait. We'll all be singing a different tune once those re-recordings actually happen.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:15 am 

Rodman wrote:
mindless cash-grabbing Kevin Smith bullshit.

I'll be stealing this phrase from you.

Holy hell does he ever pump out the trash.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

gzusrocker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 11:41 am 

Might as well be one of the most unnecessary things to ever happen. Schizophrenia is just fine as it is. It even has a very good version with a better sounding Troops of Doom.
I love Sepultura to death, but Max was always a douche and, unfortunately, on the past years, his brother is being as much of an asshole.
And I might add that I wholeheartedly disagree with people who think Sepultura died after Max departed. Andreas is and have been as important as the Cavalera Brothers to the band since 1987. His addition to the band is what ACTUALLY made them sound better. This is something that EVEN MAX admits on his autobiography.

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm 

Rodman wrote:
I don't expect all of my metal heroes to be Blind Guardian or Vader, still producing vital albums in their third or fourth decade as a band. It's totally fine to be Judas Priest - devoid of fresh ideas but still writing fun songs in the spirit of your classic albums. Call me crazy, but how about the Cavaliers try to write new songs that sound reminiscent of Schizophrenia and Beneath the Remains rather than pulling this mindless cash-grabbing Kevin Smith bullshit.

Embarrassing.

Agree wholeheartedly.

In fact, I think Psychosis had a ton of interesting ideas, but the songwriting left much to be desired; I'd much rather they went back to that and worked it out better. This is just redundant. Like, how do you even try to justify rerecording Schizophrenia?

OSB2018
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:22 am 

Totally unnecessary.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2