Exactly What I Expected - 5%

CannibalCorpse, February 5th, 2007

Wow, this is a real stinker. But I'm not surprised in the least. I mean, I'm a guy who believes in productivity and I think that people can do a lot in only half a year (Bathory's early days would be a good example for that) but this is just too much.

To this day, "Zarach 'Baal' Tharagh" have released more than 50 releases in about 6 years - around 8.5 releases per year. I'm sure no one would expect quality in this case.

Luc Mertz's body of "work" consists of a (out of tune) guitar playing sloppy "riffs", silly "shredding" solos which make Burzum's "War" solo sound like Iron Maiden, in terms of melody (and I like that one) and "drumming" consisting of different kitchen tools being thrown at an unknown device. There is no structure or coherence to be found, the vocals are monotonous, boring and at times even hilarious. Luc chokes, coughs and spits in various talentless forms, desperately trying to get a few laughs out of the listener, even though I doubt that was the writer's original intention.

This whole release reeks of parody, but when you release 50 demos of the same vile crap, the humor is lost.

Avoid.