A NEW ERA OF CORRUPTION by Whitechapel (2010) - 24%

MystifyXD, August 5th, 2010

Oh shit…Holy shit, what an abomination! This album even made Bring Me the Horizon sound manlier like fuck! And here I am, thinking that “This is Exile” is bad enough. Well, this IS worse. You don’t believe me, do you? Well, you go hear what I have to say.

Before we ever talk about the album’s cons, let’s talk about the pros first. First thing’s the production, which sounds very modern indeed, like deathcore. Another thing is the brutality of the vocals, which is very deep and very guttural. Another thing is the solo on “Reprogrammed to Hate”, which is probably the only solo in this full-length. Besides, that solo might be the only guitar part I appreciate, if ever. The last thing I like bout this album is the album art. It just looks like a picture from a sci-fi movie, with all those robots posing wickedly.

That’s all folks, because we’ll now be talking about all the shit here in this album! We have here first the music, which is simply directionless and amateurish (the only exception here would be the solo mentioned above). You just can’t tell how the songs in this album go, and “A New Era of Corruption” is even their third full-length! For instance, we have here “Devolver”, which is the album’s intro. What you can hear from the start are loads of “chugga-chugga” riffs, and then some eerie riff for a chorus. Some “chugga-chugga” riffs and a breakdown follow. Now, does that sound something that has sense? Oh yeah, another thing about the “chugga-chugga” riffs here is that the songs have too much of those for their own good, which is definitely very dreadful.

Another thing is the overall brutality each song showcases. Damn, we have here some very senseless shit. Although the vocals are indeed brutal, mixing it with the other instruments make each song makes the album br00tal (so fake indeed…). Some songs even feature senseless techno beats (not that I’m against techno) and rapped death grunts, both of which sound outright atrocious, and this is supposed to be deathcore, goddammit, not some techno rap-metal fusion!

This album simply is a waste of time, money and effort. Well, if you have bought the CD already, don’t feel bad. You could even use it as a coaster or as a frisbee. Otherwise, sell this CD to an ignorant scene kid.

Originally made for http://mystifymyserie.blogspot.com