I got this for $0.99, and I still feel ripped off. - 13%

Deliverance, December 13th, 2004

I really don't mind remix CDs all the time. Really, I don't. I enjoyed several Fear Factory remixes. But White Zombie utterly failed to put out a decent remix album. I don't really feel like I need to go on and on about this.. Suffice it to say, every track on this album blurs together to the poin tthat you put it on while doing something else, you'll try to block it out, and suddenly realize 30 minutes later you've progressed through the album more than you thought you had.

There's really only two worthwhile tracks on here, which is being nice about it. Those being the remix on More Human Than Human which is barely worth listening to.. But honestly, if you've got this, you've got to make excuses as to what's better than something else so that you feel like you made somewhat a worthwhile purchase. Although, then there's the remix on Grease Paint and Monkey Brains, which is actually a very enjoyable remix.. Somewhat laid back. Interesting? I don't know quite how to put it, but it's better than anything else on the album, giving it 10 points.. And 3 more for the More Human Than Human remix which I can deal with listening to. Everything else is uncreative remixes on otherwise good songs. If I want this kind of generic remixing, I'll go find an already generic nu-metal band's single featuring even more generic remixing by no-name artists. I was hopeful the remixes on this would be somewhat enjoyable, but I was wrong. This isn't worth purchasing. It's not even worth stealing.