Solid - 85%

orchidrise, October 9th, 2012

As of late I've been on a (must be) Fenriz inspired quest for old, forgotten metal. This journey has led me to many great albums I've truly never heard of. Bands like Toxik, Scanner, Realm, and Paradox. Bands no average metal head has heard of or even knew existed. I'm guilty of this as well, but boy am I glad I corrected this problem because there are some really classy metal albums out there that criminally get overlooked. Warrior's Fighting For The Earth is one of those albums.

Admittedly, this is possibly the weakest of the previously mentioned bunch. However that does not stop this from rocking to hell and back.

The opener and also title track is a no frills rocker that never fails to get your head moving. Steady riffs propel this song into memory. Ruler also has a nice NWOBHM vibe and rocks obscenely hard. Mind Over Matter starts out great, you're banging your head still from Ruler at this point and the beginning of Mind Over Matter certainly doesn't make you want to stop. All is not well in the world of Warrior, as mid way through Mind Over Matter you're at the "Meh" stage and will skip the song. The rest of the album stays in that mid range kind of rocking/kind of boring stage. This isn't really a bad thing, just don't expect any progression or crazy riffing you'd get from the bands mentioned at the beginning of this review.

Bottom Line: This is akin to a Big Mac meal at McDonald's, It's not breaking any new ground, you're used to it, it's comfortable, but that doesn't stop it from being absolutely delicious and worth every penny.