More than just shredding. - 98%

Degrading_Light, January 14th, 2006

This is one of the greatest guitar instrumental albums I have ever heard, before or since it's release, and I have heard quite a few. not only does Vinnie Moore prove he is one of the most gifted guitarists of our time, but he makes it work in true song form. some of his work on this album is truly breathtaking, and awe inspiring at the same time. Vinnie's band mates were well chosen to boot, adding the extra touch of greatness to this memorable performance. the drumming is truly superb,(Tommy Aldridge; including a drum solo in track 3 that is nothing short of greatness) as well as adept bass playing, (Andy West) and Tony Macalpine (a guitar virtuoso himself) on keyboards. take a listen, and be blown away....I was.
Vinnie had the misfortune to surface just after Yngwie, and was unfairly branded as an imitator, (He is more like Dimeola if anything.) Many claim he doesn't have his own unique style in his playing, but I find its not that he plays something new, but takes the style of many others and improves upon it. Check this out, and you'll see that this was a great injustice.